Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be requesting a DS for Christmas definitely. I guess this was the push finally to make me get one and not a PSP.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf Stew wrote:
I have a feeling this is going to be a regular Suikoden game, rather than something like Tactics or Suikogaiden. The sidegames have always taken place in an already-known location, and have featured numerous returning characters. Tierkreis appears to be an entirely new story in the Suikoden world. Perhaps Konami is chosing not to call it "Suikoden 6" for commercial reasons (they might fear the "6" will turn off potential new fans, who aren't familiar with the previous games).

This was exactly what I was thinking. At this point, and especially since they are moving from the sony consoles to a nintendo hand held, there are a lot of people who might pick this up that have never played another in the series. And seeing a 6 in the title might scare them away, thinking they'd need to have played all the others (not that that's true at all). The fact that you are collecting 108 stars seems to make this a main Suikoden game, since all the other side games have had very different game play. The game play here appears to be tweaked somewhat, but it still similar to the past Suiko games. And games like IV and V were both in the main series even though they went back into the past and did not continue the story.

I wonder how this will be translated in NA? Surely they won't keep the German?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why not. They're keeping it in Japan.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see any reason why they would move the main series away from its traditional naming style AND it's traditional console-based releases AND it's traditonal battle/MP system. Is there really any evidence that they're done with numbered games, as opposed to all the evidence that it is a spin off?

The thing with spin offs, from what I've seen, is that the main games are more about the true runes, the spin offs are more about the world itself. Unless the Gaidens are more about the true runes than I've been led to believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I'm saying is that all the spin offs have been very different types of games (card based, tactics, and text-based adventures), but this game seems a lot closer to a traditional Suikoden game in terms of gameplay (what we know so far at least). I mean, it may not be Suiko VI, but it just feels like more of another real installment than a spin off type game.

As for the name, I just assume they will alter it for the NA market because that's how it usually goes with names that are kinda strange like this one. I could be wrong, but it's just my hunch.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that was the case, wouldn't they have never called it "Suikoden" in the first place. You and I may be used to it, but Suikoden is hella strange for the NA and EU markets.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there debate as to whether this is a side-story or not? If it were to be a "main" or "regular" installment to the franchise, why drop the numeral? As said, there are too many changes to the formula, bar the lack of a VI, to make a solid argument that it's a main title.

Anyway, we still know extraordinarily little. We don't even know if we'll be gathering 108 Stars. If they were "annihilated," as Sage's translation suggests, it would stray as far from a "regular" title as only a spin-off can.

17346 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since Suikoden Tierkreis uses alot of Persian and Middle Eastern motifs for place names, personal names, and architecture, I can assume the game is likely centred around the Southern Continent.

While we know one nation or autonomous chieftain/province to the north is Salsaville, I have a hunch the nation to the south is New Armes. Maybe Salsaville is one of the Chiefdoms in New Armes.

Maybe the other powerful nation waging war on the southern kingdom/empire is either Nagarea or Falena.

As for the "Swordsmen of Hell" faction, it could be somehow related to "Nether Gate" or the Nagarist Order.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps he's gathering a second batch of 108 stars (with the four that survived from the previous 108). I am thinking that he and the original leader of the 108 are not the same person, but there is a chance that they are related in some way or another. The main character and the guy in the movie both use different weapons, and have different hair styles and from what I can tell, hair colors.

It did say that four stars survive (Jeane and Viki are musts, assuming that they are even in this game, and the hero is likely as well as someone else). If the original leader of the 108 is one of the four, perhaps we'll gain light into how they are related (if they actually are).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I'm wondering is how the hell the stars of "destiny" manage to lose. Is this someone powerful enough to defy fate? Or were the first batch false stars?

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the villain was on performance enhancing drugs?

Seriously though, why would all 108 be charging into battle? Wouldn't the shopkeepers and the like stay behind at the HQ? Could this mean that all 108 are usable in battles? Or maybe just the first batch turned out like that...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One word; Sindar. This story follows the fall of the sindar; I'm convinced! Check out the leader of the nations egyptian like garb 'etc...we really need to get some contiental backround as well as some info on returning SOD's.

Oh hey, is it clear if it'll be released in the US?

I hate you Onimaru.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
What I'm wondering is how the hell the stars of "destiny" manage to lose. Is this someone powerful enough to defy fate? Or were the first batch false stars?

The Stars are the ones opposing fate in the first place.

Onimaru wrote:
One word; Sindar. This story follows the fall of the sindar; I'm convinced!

The Sindar didn't even fall in the first place. They kept moving until they found their Eternal Capital.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Maybe the villain was on performance enhancing drugs?

Seriously though, why would all 108 be charging into battle? Wouldn't the shopkeepers and the like stay behind at the HQ? Could this mean that all 108 are usable in battles? Or maybe just the first batch turned out like that...

Well technically, every SoD was usable in war battles in the first one. Including Merchants, Inn Keepers, Cooks, Bath Makers and such. Some weren't exactly effective. But they were usable!

I'm curious others opinions. The second or third scan, with the big red wormish creature. Is that a cutscene or a battle? It has six people there. So if it's a battle, are we sure it's a 4 man battle party?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a cutscene. Anything is possible but every battle screen has had four members with no spaces for extras.

EDIT: Oh, character page: http://www.duefiumi.com/news/news/characters.html

Last edited by John Layfield on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 10 of 24

Jump to: