Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikogaiden Translation Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rin_uzuki

11936 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Suikogaiden Translation Project Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello!

I'm putting together a team to translate and make an English patch for Suikogaiden 1. :3
Currently we have ripped versions of Suikogaiden 1 & 2, about four translators (including myself) and we're looking for people who can help with the technical aspects of things--extracting the script so we can actually begin translating it, and then adding the English to game to create the final patch. It's a lot of work, so I'm hoping we can get the help of a number of techies, to divide it all up and not have to depend on just one person. XD This is our website for the project;

http://www.freewebs.com/ramsus-kun/Suikogaiden/Home.htm

(I know you're not supposed to link to other sites in this forum(?), but I figure the website is pretty pertinent to Suikogaiden discussion. XD)

If anyone can help out in any way whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact us! <3
You may say, "this's already been tried" and "you're doomed to fail!" (hey now!) but even if it takes us three years, I think we can do this. Especially if as many people help out as possible! So... all volunteers are exceedingly welcome! <3 Anything from translating to checking translations for errors to helping with the technical stuff---we'll take all the help we can get! XD
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know how to help, but I wish you guys all the luck in the world, and with 4 translators, the hard part of finding people is already out of the way.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Godspeed, dear saint. I wish I knew people who could help you.

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You might want to get in contact with Gemini or Gideon Zhi or other renowned game hackers :)

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mr. JBL, Sage umm.. well those are the two off the top of my head who I know do translations and stuff. Though if they're interested I can't tell you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually don't know Japanese. I subsist merely on a wide network of people who help me.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though I'm not a professional translator, I majored in Japanese and might be able to be of some assistance. Especially dialogue shouldn't pose any problems. If you need any help let me know!
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gemini already stated he has another project to do after Innocent Sin.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recall downloading something a bit back that had the first few scenes of translated Suikogaiden 1 that you could click through...
it was translated and had music/sounds (if I recall) and everything...only...it was really short.......
gah!....darn....if only I could remember who made that file/where I got it...or even where I put it...I would've suggested that you go look them up.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Kleuze made that using my very short translation.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is kinda late, but I'm willing to help in whatever fashion I can if it is needed. I do not know Japanese and I'm not a technical expert by any means, but I am very knowledgeable on Suikoden (especially Suikoden II) and I'd be able to assist in the editing process and such.

If you don't need me that's ok too, it won't hurt my feelings.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Sage

Don't volunteer me for things I already volunteered for. :no:

Anyway, I'd suggest email or showing up at the forums to express any desire to help. I don't think that saying something here is an effective way to get noticed.

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I can't translate or help with the technicalities, I'm just advertising this. I bet lots of Japanese people can help with this >.> I see them working on so many Suikoden flash animations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: