Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, a totally new term.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkbeat wrote:

I have to ask, what exactly makes this not look like a Suikoden Game so far?

I was thinking along the lines of what Jowy Atreides was thinking. It just doesn't look like a Suikoden game. The characters don't strike me exactly as Suikoden characters. They look...too cartoonish or something.

Hmm...if all but 4 SODs are killed in the battle, I assume that means either Jeane and Viki were not stars to begin with (contributing to my new theory below) or they were two of the survivors.

You know something that also sticks out to me, in this Image- [Credit to Due Fiumi] is that the guy on the top right (with the sword and armor) looks quite a bit like the protagonist. Could they be related (or the same person)?

Another thought just crossed my mind. Perhaps this isn't in the same world as the rest of the Suikoden series? That could explain the different MP system.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The female character Malikah (マリカ) will be voiced by Sakamoto Maya.

*falls out of chair, then starts crying tears of joy (not kidding about this)*

Maaya, my love!

I have never been so inspired to buy the japanese version of a game, even if I cant understand it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's a new screenshot of the capital city of Salsaville
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2253486/salsa-main_Full.j pg

Seriously though, aside from the fact we know nothing about the country, it wasn't mentioned in any of the other games, having the sprite designs being different than in S1-S2, this looks fine... I mean, I'll take what I can get when it comes to Suikoden - the environments look VERY good, I'm really excited about some of these screenshots if I'm not overwhelmingly happy about some of the other elements, but like some of the other people here, looking at this as something somewhat off from the main series is a good way to handle it, they changed the magic system and maybe a little something else we don't know yet, but Konami made a conscious choice to not call it "Suikoden VI" - maybe there's a reason for that, maybe that's encouraging that we might get two Suikodens within a reasonable amount of time.

Either way, woulda liked to see something taking place in uh... New Armes, Nagarea, Zelant, Kamaro and Nameless Lands, Harmonia, having to do with Howling Voice Guild, Kanakan... you know... stuff we've heard of that we could link to the other games would be nice, but yeah I'll take this and see how goes.

Although considering how little we know about Kanakan, maybe its a large territory in Salsaville, that could still be a possibility based on this very limited information we have... eager to see a timeline too, gonna have to keep my ears open. Good news though.

EDIT: I actually like the DS... I don't like the small screen, but as I've gotten older I've come to appreciate a handheld's multitasking capabilities. DS is just easier to pick up and put down, so it doesn't bother me at all that it's on the DS(or PSP if that was the case) - to be honest, I have a PS3, if they release a big expensive looking Suikoden VI on it I'd be completely stoked, but this is fine too for now.

One thing I don't wanna see is seeing them pull a "Xenosaga" on us... where Xenogears as ONE game was more fleshed out than the whole of the Xenosaga series.

If they are going to make sequels to Tierkreis' style on the DS, follow the Suikoden trend and migrate geographically, don't keep the same people just doing another episode, Suikoden is a lot about the characters, but it's more about the world as a whole at this point - and there's too many shadowy mysteries to be sitting in Salsaville for 3 games or something.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay it's finally come about! Everybody get down!

This looks to be a Suikoden/Suikogaiden kind of game, indicating it isn't a main series one.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archpark wrote:
Here's a new screenshot of the capital city of Salsaville
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2253486/salsa-main_Full.j pg
I think that onion on top is the capital.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

duckroll at gaf posted this

Quote:

I think there's some misunderstanding about how the movie scene. It's not actually stated that the game takes place AFTER that scene, only that it is what's being first shown, so possible the opening FMV. In the movie scene it shows the 108 stars in their "final battle" and being utterly defeated by the enemy except for 4 remaining warriors that are still standing.

The main character leading the stars in the video looks a lot like the main character, but maybe older and in proper armor. It could well be that the entire game is a flashback leading up to that event. After all from the character descriptions and stuff so far, it's clearly a game about assembling the 108 stars, and the main character is a teenager from a small village.

Huh.
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Armor guy could also be the main's brother or a relative, seeing how fiction just loves killing off older people so as to let the new generation step out from the shadows and claim their epic destinies. I mean, the kid looks positively shocked to an inch of his life in the pic next to the guy with armor, like somebody told him, "Hey, the evil empire killed all the rebels and also your brother/parental figure who was leading them. I hope you like asbestos, physical torture, and 22 hour work days."

Well, it's a thought.

Also, is that a generic, run of the mill, doglike, semi-classic D&D (since I forget whether dog or reptile came first) kobold in one of those FMV shots? I haven't seen one of those in AGES!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the fact that we're talking about the 108 stars and the title is "Genso Suikoden Tierkreis" indicates that this is not merely a sidestory but instead a full fledged game. Also, in regards to this massacre, are we talking about the death of the other 104 or simply their defeat? I think putting it on the DS is a good business move by Konami, but I don't really know how much I personally will like it.

And why is it called Zodiac? What else would have such a name except for that tower Vextor was talking about or the Zodiac Sword? Vextor's description of these "Swordsmen of night/hell" can lead one to lean towards the Night rune, but Vextor also mentions a northern force, which maybe indicates this Zodiac Tower. That big picture of the ruins with the floor with the sundial looking thing with roman numerals is strikingly Zodiac-ish as well if you ask me. There has to be a reason for them to use Tierkreis as the title--I mean, they have to know that Zodiac can be associated with the Night Rune even if the "official" translation of the sword is the Star Dragon Sword. Konami has changed bad translations in the past, such as changing True Holy to Godspeed.

I really think there is a strong chance we could see the Night rune here, but who knows, I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe there are a bunch of different things having to do with the term Zodiac in Suikoden. >_>

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so excited! suikoden tierkreis has been announced! but for the nintendo DS (Dun dun dun!) i'm okay becuase i'm planning to get a DS.

i wonder what happens to the original hero? is he one of the non survivors, i want to know what the characters that die were like, what weapons did they use?

I feel bad for the stars, well atleast we get to avenge them right!?
especially the dog in the second scan.

I belive that the hero is the same as the person i the knight uniform in the second scan.
I'm suprised that there are only four survivors, there looks like alot of people were able to escape from whatever was happening to the castle.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beggars can't be choosers I suppose. DS is a nice twist. I'm going to call Nameless Lands on this one, with the vast variation in the landscapes in those scans and the unknown place names. Not to mention a "Northern Force" Last I checked, Nameless lands is pretty far North. So let's just cross our fingers and hope for a North American release.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aww, I wanted this game to be about the whole Night Rune/Zodiac Sword and Neclord thing.

Vampires vampires vampires.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well since I believe this has already been trademarked in NA, a release should just be a matter of time. The game is only 50% complete though so it may be a bit.

Oh man, this is taking me back to those agonizing months before Suikoden V was released. I checked the web every day for new info...visited the official page for new screen shots and blogs etc. I imagine I'll be doing the same thing again.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling this is going to be a regular Suikoden game, rather than something like Tactics or Suikogaiden. The sidegames have always taken place in an already-known location, and have featured numerous returning characters. Tierkreis appears to be an entirely new story in the Suikoden world. Perhaps Konami is chosing not to call it "Suikoden 6" for commercial reasons (they might fear the "6" will turn off potential new fans, who aren't familiar with the previous games).

I'm intrigued by the idea that the 108 stars were defeated.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Salsaville? I'm guessing something got lost in the translation.

I guess it was good to invest on a DS. Now I have something to play outside of the FF games I've been spending hours on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 9 of 24

Jump to: