Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder why there is that screenshot of a palace interior and the seemingly same palace in ruins, in that fourth scan lower right corner? It makes me hope for the game covering a great time-span. Even though I have the feeling that it is not the case, having a Suikoden game like that would be sublime.

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this Suikoden's first floating city? Sounds like a great gimmick! [/sarcasm] I just hope they give a half-decent explanation of why it can float.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Floating meaning floating on the sea. It's not floating in the sky or anything.

Seems like the El Kalaal palace will become ruined during the game, or its possibly the case where the first screen of the palace is from before the time when the first 108 stars get massacred, while the next one is from years later or something.

Also, if only 4 stars have survived the massacre, Viki and Jeane would have to be one of those 4!
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume that the image of the giant Sea Shell is the floating porpoise city since it's in the same box as the image of the Porpoise. It's...actually really interesting that the 108 stars will be shown as having failed. And the screens shown there show what looks like one hell of a massacre. It's a very different route for the games to take and should prove to be pretty interesting.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Floating meaning floating on the sea. It's not floating in the sky or anything.
Oh, then it's like a ship? That's not as bad.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, a floating city in the sky wouldn't be very Suikoden-like... although if the "it's Sindar technology!" excuse is used, anything goes.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is definitely exciting news. Yet, it doesn't seem quite like a Suikoden game to me. It is weird that haven't given the name of the country in which the game is located. Perhaps it is truly a side story and will not have any impact on the official series.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Yeah, a floating city in the sky wouldn't be very Suikoden-like... although if the "it's Sindar technology!" excuse is used, anything goes.
Yeah, that was my concern. But, looks like it wasn't something to be worried about. :)
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
This is definitely exciting news. Yet, it doesn't seem quite like a Suikoden game to me. It is weird that haven't given the name of the country in which the game is located. Perhaps it is truly a side story and will not have any impact on the official series.

I have to ask, what exactly makes this not look like a Suikoden Game so far?
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I saw scans for this game, I definitely wouldn't recognize it as a Suikoden game. Not necessarily because I don't understand Japanese, but because nothing looks familiar.

However, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very exciting. Here's my thoughts:

Good:
- Plot. Looks like we're back to old school style mad plot twists. Hurray!
- 2d backgrounds. I loved them in S1-S2. The characters are 3d tho, that can be good or bad. If they are well designed (bit like FF9?) then I welcome the change. If they're all just bunch of bobbleheads then nah.

Bad:
- DS?????????? I'm hoping they release a PSP or PS2 version, too.
- Just a side-game propably.
- New combat system LOOKS simple in scans, can't comment more now.
- Judging from the name of places it seems another new continent/area with no link to the past.

Biggest bad:
- No traditional things. Like the chat box etc. If the scans weren't translated, I wouldn't have recognized them to be Suikoden.

Last edited by Sealot on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting.

I honestly had my doubts as to whether there would ever be another Suikoden title released.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sealot wrote:
Very exciting. Here's my thoughts:

Good:
- Plot. Looks like we're back to old school style mad plot twists. Hurray!
- 2d backgrounds. I loved them in S1-S2. The characters are 3d tho, that can be good or bad. If they are well designed (bit like FF9?) then I welcome the change. If they're all just bunch of bobbleheads then nah.

Bad:
- DS?????????? I'm hoping they release a PSP or PS2 version, too.
- Just a side-game propably.
- New combat system LOOKS simple in scans, can't comment more now.
- Judging from the name of places it seems another new continent/area with no link to the past.

Biggest bad:
- No traditional things. Like the chat box etc. If the scans weren't translated, I wouldn't have recognized them to be Suikoden.

Well, it actually says Genso Suikoden Tierkreis on the bottom-left of the 1st scan, but, other than that, there's nothing to tell you it's a Suikoden game. Naturally, I was excluding this little bit of text in my previous post.

I also think the characters are too damn small.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another thing I noticed is the mention of the "Swordsmen of the Night." The Japanese used here is a bit hard to translate though. The character for the "netherworld" is connected with "night" which can end up being translated as "Swordsmen of Hell" or something equally strange.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it a totally new term, or something we've seen before? (Like Pesmerga or Yuber.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 8 of 24

Jump to: