Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Concerning the Private Message feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Concerning the Private Message feature Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These days the private messages database is seeing phenomenal growth, which threatens our database resource. Please don't use the PM feature as an alternate to instant messaging or e-mail or something. I'll likely have to purge a bunch of PMs again if this trend continues... just a reminder.
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure what's going on but I'm going to see if I can post here and confurm that my message doesn't become dead weight or an "error".
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, so is that why I got this error when I was replying to a topic just now?

Quote:
Could not insert new word matches

"DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 145 Table './suikox_phpbb/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and should be repaired"

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 824971, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('exactly', 'mean', 'arena', 'mode'...etc etc etc)

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, according to the error message, a table related to the search function is apparently non-functional and doesn't have anything to do with private messaging.

What Vextor is saying is that people are using private messages instead of email or other instant messaging that it is filling up space in the database. The more data within the database, the higher the potential the system will slow down. So, he may need to purge the current stash of messages in order to take some of the load off the database.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just deleted the PMs in my boxes. Hopefully helps you out a bit.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah. I just figured that since the weird debugging errors and this thread have popped up around the same time, that they might have been related.

Must be the curse of Tierkreis.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the report Finfreeze. It helps those of us (me) who weren't around during the day when this was going on. I'll look into it further.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: