Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Something is certainly simpleminded here.

I only stated that it wasn't the title. If you manage to draw the conclusion that that also means I claim there's no possible connection between Tactics and Tierkreis then that's all you.

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Good thinking there. Obviously Konami of America trademarking a title for possible use in the USA is a good indication of what Konami of Japan are thinking about a title.

You see, it's your manner in saying it. No need to be so offensive about it.

I simply drew a parallel to the original game's sales, then you make a dubious leap of logic of your own, and proceed to attribute it to me with disdain, and without regard to the label "Speculation". Chill out, dude.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone considered the possibility that this is just their release title for the Suikoden 1 and 2 ports in the US? They were rated by the ESRB (That's what Vex's article mentioned) months ago and we've heard no news of them in the US under their normal name. I would not be shocked to see this become their US release title. I'm not saying Suikoden is dead, I'm just saying that everyone is way too happy for just a speck of light at the end of the tunnel which could easily be an exit right back to where we started. Sorry for the pessimism.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game is on ds.

Here are scans.

Here's what we know:

Characters are 3D polygons
Field backgrounds are 2D
Battles are entirely 3D
Character portraits (bust up) in conversation scenes
There is a field map
Parties of 4 "+α" with faces and stats on the top screen
Looks like an orthodox RPG
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://loading.se/news.php?pub_id=2788
Link is Sewdish but it says Suikoden Tierkreis is mentioned in new issue of Famitsu as being a Nintendo DS game.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden: Tierkries scans

Page 1

Page 2

1: I'm pretty sure that's the Circle Rune in the logo.

2: I'm betting this might be set during the Hero War, and be about the rise of Hikusaak.

Just speculation.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been trying post this crap but all I get are debug errors.

Anyways:

- 50% complete
- Characters are 3d
- Backgrounds 2d
- Traditional rpg it looks like
- You tap the touch screen, making battles move at a fast pace
- The main headline of the article is "The Chosen 108 heroes have been destroyed?!" so maybe this game will be different from other Suikoden games in that regard?
- New race (looks to be a lizard type)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've a post and scans up but it's been broken everywhere at once this time around. Hoorah!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bricks were shat.

Thoughts:

1. I doubt it's the Circle Rune and/or focusing on Hikusaak, not only does the main character (or what appears to be the main character) not look like Luc/Sasarai, but I doubt Konami would cover such an important part of the timeline in a spinoff.

2. Looks like 4 person parties?

3. The 2D backrounds are some of the most lush I've seen from the DS.

4. Traditional World/Field Map (YES!)

5. Sony what?
Finfreeze

177377 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't take my word for this, but running the katakana through...

Guy with the beret: ジェイル = Jair?
The girl: マリカ = Malika
Gerik from Fire Emblem 8: リウ = Ryu
Bluto: ディルク = Dirk

My thoughts:

- Yay talking hero. Shame he looks like a dork (PAR FOR THE COURSE!).
- Dunno what to say about what's shown of the combat system so far, although it looks like you won't be stuck with the same four.
- I like the use of portraits to show emotion. Really would have helped V in those zoomed out "stand in place" scenes. Oh, and cutscenes look nice too.
- Boo new demi-human race (what are they, ferrets? Goofier looking lizards?). Do they really have to add MORE demi-humans, especially since they've done such a poor job of making the ones we have interesting, diverse, non-stereotypical, or at least not totally isolated?

Hm, I wonder if the mainstays will be in, particularly with that tag-line.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong but I saw one screen where I saw more than 4 people in the party. Not in battle, though, so they could be talking to people outside the party or maybe they're support characters.
Darkbeat

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possibly.

There is a bit of Japanese text in scan number two with "4" on it next to some pictures of 4-person parties, is there anyone around who can translate?

New demi-human race does look odd, but could never be as annoying as Nay-Kobolds. If they manage to somehow integrate their presence into the over-all Suiko-verse, I'll be pleased.

In other news, I couldn't be more happy that this is on the DS. The popular userbase means that as long as it isn't horrendously bad (Read: Lunar Genesis) it will sell well and better still, it's region free so us Europeans don't have to worry about getting screwed over on release dates as usual. Oh and I like the touch screen fast-paced battles idea, but most of all, I'm glad to see it's gone more traditional than anything.

And who knows, some online capability still very plausible.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've got some names and voice actors up. The Japanese fanbase is mainly whining that it should be on the PSP right now.

Bigger, cleaner scans have been added to the front page of DF.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Darkbeat

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What would be the point of putting it on the PSP? It's grown in popularity in Japan due to Monster Hunter but it's still not even close to the DS even there. Then when you factor in how massive anything Nintendo is in the rest of the world, it would be pretty silly to consider putting it on another system.

IMO this could be our Persona 3 right here, gentlemen.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clean scans:

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traditional Suikoden MP may have been dumped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 6 of 24

Jump to: