Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Actor/Actress?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Favorite Actor/Actress? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Simple topic/question really, who is your favorite on the silver screen?

To me, it's probably a toss up between Bill Murray and Tom Hanks, and thats leaving out some Japanese actors and actresses I really like. Hmm, I'll go with Bill Murray for the moment, I just watched Groundhog Day. :D
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brad Pitt, usually. Been a fan of him since so long ago. I first saw him in Interview with the Vampire. My favorite of his film is Snatch and Fight Club though.

I also really like Daniel Day-Lewis since I first saw him in Gangs of New York.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite actress is definitely Kate Winslet, followed by Claire Danes. Kate Winslet is an incredible actress and she also is naturally very beautiful. I also like the fact that she isn't skin and bones like many of the women in Hollywood. My favorite movies with her are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Finding Neverland. I think she's a rare talent. As far as Claire Danes, theres just something about her that I like. I can't really pin it down. I've liked several movies with her, foremost of which is Igby Goes Down (which is amazing), but also Stage Beauty, The Family Stone, and Stardust.

With actors, there are several that I really like, but I'll point out two that perhaps stand out for me right now. The since passed on Heath Ledger, who really was an amazing talent regardless of how The Dark Knight turns out. I hope people that may have written him off see the Dark Knight and decide to see some of his older work afterwards, since there is some really great stuff in there. Brokeback Mountain of course, but also movies like The Four Feathers, Ned Kelly, and Candy.

I usually get a lot of flak for this, but the other actor I really, really like is Leonardo Dicaprio. I think he gets a bad rap because he did Titanic and everyone became conditioned to see him as some sort of pop actor or something. Really though, he's turned in good performances as far back as What's Eating Gilbert Grape as far as movies of his I have seen, and I've always thought his talent was underrated. He's always been popular, but I don't think people gave him enough credit for how good he is. Anybody who doesn't believe me should go watch The Aviator and Blood Diamond. Other movies I thought he was good in and really liked were The Departed, The Beach, Gangs of New York (although Daniel Day Lewis admittedly stole the show in that one), and The Quick and the Dead.

I also have a man-crush on Russell Crowe because he's such a badass.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Out of male actors, I like Ralph Fiennes. He tends to be pretty minimalist in his acting but with few words and jestures he can project pretty incredible intensity. I like actors like that. Colin Firth is another name that comes to mind when it comes to "less dramatic" actors.

I do like a bunch of actors, and there are very few I don't like. The one I absolutely despise is David Caruso and Jeremy Irons. The former's acting style is yucky, and the latter is way too frickin pompous.

In terms of actresses, I can't really say because many times when I think an actress is good they turn into disappointments later and vice versa. Helen Mirren is a good actress, but her earlier stuff is pretty horrendous.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone who played anyone in Dude, Where's My Car? for both categories, thanks.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bruce Campbell.

I'm not overly fond of any particular actresses. They all kinda look the same to me. :|

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Robert De Niro, if only because of his amazing performance in Taxi Driver, my favorite movie.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm finding it hard to define who i do like. Well, i'll do my best.

Like Jowy, Robert de Niro is one of my favorite actors, and like Jowy, the movie Taxi Driver was the reason.

Another is Dustin Hoffman, i liked him in pretty much all of his movies, even the ones where he had a small part, like that cameo in Lemony Snicket's Series of Misfortunate Events.

I have pretty much liked Robin Williams as well, which started when i first saw him in Mrs. Doubtfire. Granted, i number of his moves were bad, i felt that he himself was always great.

I also like Johnny Depp, mainly for his performances in those Tim Burton movies. I didn't like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, though. But i liked him in Benny and Joon.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlameGeneralSeed

Highland 2nd Unit

6190 Potch
7 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Starslasher, I, too, am a fan of Johnny Depp. I thought he was amazing in Finding Neverland. He can also sing pretty good in Sweeney Todd.

Another favorite of mine is Alan Rickman. I think he's the best choice for Snape! His voice is so unique, it makes me happy. Plus, for an older man, he's adorable!! :D

Guy Pearce. He was in Momento, the first movie I saw with him in it, and it blew me away. Not only was the story-line amazing and complex, he is a wonderful actor. Till Human Voices Wake Us was also an interesting movie for him.

But with actresses, it's kinda hard for me to choose, cause I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to them. I like Nicole Kidman. Moulin Rouge was the movie that made me pay attention to her. The Others was pretty good, and she was deliciously evil-like in the Golden Compass.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I do like a bunch of actors, and there are very few I don't like. The one I absolutely despise is David Caruso and Jeremy Irons. The former's acting style is yucky, and the latter is way too frickin pompous.

I share the same opinion with you regarding Jeremy Irons. First time I saw him was in Lolita, which is not a movie that I would reccomend to anyone. For Ralph Fiennes, I have only saw him in Sunshine and The English Patient, but he leaves me with a really good impression about how an actor should act.

How could I forgot about Johnny Depp! I really like his recent performance in sweeney Todd, especially when he slice Borat's throat :mrgreen: , he is, as always, a very expressive (and a very convinicing) actor

For actress, my favorite is, well, I'm not really sure. But I do like Nicole Kidman and Kate Winslet.

18236 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Woooo, First Post!!!!

I would have to say Bruce Campbell, the king of B-Grade. And of course, Edward Norton, the guy hasn't done a bad movie, the 25th hour was his best imo.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's a toss between bruce campbell and liam neeson, then sigourney weaver and lucy lawless. (yes, she has been on the big screen)

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite actor will always be the late Toshiro Mifune.

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always laugh when people reference Kurasawa... it's a film school in-joke.

Probably Robert Downey Jr these days, though it's difficult to say - there's been a lot of really good modern day performances and a lot of really good classic performances.

Actress is weird from a male perspective, most of them get cast for their looks, some are cast to be over serious bureaucrats or something... it's uncommon for actresses to actually get roles worth commenting on, that's just a sad fact, but I think that in recent days, Cate Blanchett most commonly gets good roles and delivers.

You can say what you will about the two Elizabeth movies, but she was amazing in both of them, good in Babel, good in I'm Not There... she's just a good actress in general.

- Just on a side note...

Someone mentioned Guy Pearce, who I also really like, and honestly Memento is an amazing movie(by the same guy who did The Dark Knight at that, he showed potential early on in his career) - but Pearce's best performance hands down is in L.A. Confidential, if you watch it based on this recommendation, watch for the scene where they arrest the group of black guys and Guy Pearce's character runs back and forth between the two interrogation rooms to get confessions from them - it's a legendary scene in a pretty legendary performance.

It also houses one of Russell Crowe's best performances as well, he's totally harsh and awesome in it.

Another guy said that Ed Norton has never done a bad flick... it is unbelievable how he so consistantly gets good roles, selective I guess, but he did do this movie called Down in the Valley that was kinda low budget(not that that is bad) ... but they just couldn't get much mileage out of the story, I wasn't buying his character, seems like he woulda been arrested in the beginning of the movie by any sane person.

Just a quick word on Johnny Depp - I hate to be a hater, because I love Johnny Depp, but I liked him a hell of a lot more before 13 year old girls thought he was great.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know Im gonna say John travolta....only in Generals Daughter though and that phenomenon movie orwhatever.
But other then him im going with Angelina joe lee or however your spell her name ( just watched Wanted and it was pretty good with her). and i dont care how many people dislike john travolta im sticking with him. Hes a pretty consistent and solid actor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: