Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tierkreis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well chosing a path could affect rune affinities, and we all know hat tenki tend to have aan average rune power or maybe even great. imagine if you choose the warrior path and you have posssesion of a true rune.

plus choosing two characters would mean that konami has to make two heroes, tenki like i mean and that is not suikoden like.
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with what Kikito and Shikator have said in regards to online content.

I can see online downloads ((assuming this ever becomes available)) offering things like extra/retro minigames, such as the cooking game of S2 and S3's theatre. Also, perhaps cameos, such as what is available in Disgaea 3; extra characters can be downloaded into the game. I'm sure features like this would keep long-term fans of the series happy :D

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i heard about this a few days ago, it makes me excited.

sounds like a cool name for a suikoden, i wonder if it happens what it will be like? will it be like suikoden 1-5, suikogaiden or suikoden tactics.
actually maybe it is a suikoden tactics two, after all suikoden tactics is actually called "Suikoden rhapsodia", so maybe suikoden tactics two can be "Suikoden Tierkis".
reminds me of kirkis from suikoden 1.
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hotspot wrote:
after all suikoden tactics is actually called "Suikoden rhapsodia"

No it isn't.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
No it isn't.

Is this sarcasm or not? Because yeah.. the Japanese title for it was Suikoden Rhapsodia.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Mr. Le Klueze is correct.

The Japanese title was simply "Rhapsodia". No Suikoden prefix.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it is actually "Rhapsodia" only in Japan, without the "Suikoden" part.

[EDIT]: Curses, I need to hone my posting timing skill, and pay more attention to post-posting situation...

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

I had no idea, i thought it was suikoden rhapsodia and not just rhapsodia.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

Eh. Close enough. I thought he was disagreeing that it was called Rhapsodia. Not the Suikoden part. Oh well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

He's rather simpleminded about it though. There could well be a connection between Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia and Suikoden Tierkreis.

Also, perhaps Konami is thinking that Rhapsodia might have sold better in Japan if it was indeed called "Suikoden Rhapsodia".
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
He's rather simpleminded about it though. There could well be a connection between Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia and Suikoden Tierkreis.

Something is certainly simpleminded here.

I only stated that it wasn't the title. If you manage to draw the conclusion that that also means I claim there's no possible connection between Tactics and Tierkreis then that's all you.

Quote:
Also, perhaps Konami is thinking that Rhapsodia might have sold better in Japan if it was indeed called "Suikoden Rhapsodia".

Yeah. Good thinking there. Obviously Konami of America trademarking a title for possible use in the USA is a good indication of what Konami of Japan are thinking about a title.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although Tierkries means "zodiac" ... I don't think that is the meaning in this case, I think it's a sort of playful homonym where in this case, instead of being the german "zodiac" it literally is "Suikoden Tear Cries" in english, you see, it's Konami's subtle way of letting it's american audience know that they are aware we're bummed.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At this point anyone who is still saying "Suikoden 6 is never going to happen, woe is us" is just bitching for the hell of it. Whether or not this game is released, it shows that Konami hasn't thrown suikoden to the side - as if the various statements made before ("I'm looking forward to working with the PS3's graphics for suikoden 6" or some such; the whole "Suikoden 6 is in development" thing that an affiliate of Konami told me, etc) weren't enough.

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
At this point anyone who is still saying "Suikoden 6 is never going to happen, woe is us" is just bitching for the hell of it. Whether or not this game is released, it shows that Konami hasn't thrown suikoden to the side - as if the various statements made before ("I'm looking forward to working with the PS3's graphics for suikoden 6" or some such; the whole "Suikoden 6 is in development" thing that an affiliate of Konami told me, etc) weren't enough.

The problem with that is it's just hearsay, how many games in the past have been hinted at or had people on the internet claim insider sources have confirmed, only for them to never have existed?

Not saying that's the case with Suikoden VI though, I think only the most pessimistic could have imagined Konami would shelve the series for good at this point. Seeing some genuine evidence there is another game in the making, even if it's something as small as a USA Name Trademark, does more for people's expectations than all the "quotes" in the world.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The problem with that is it's just hearsay, how many games in the past have been hinted at or had people on the internet claim insider sources have confirmed, only for them to never have existed?

Oh, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying that with all this evidence, along with the fact Konami would have to be crazy to cancel it to begin with, you would indeed have to be shamefully pessimistic to think that Suikoden is dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 5 of 24

Jump to: