Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What nonhuman race(s) do you want to dominate in Suikoden VI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nouhime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your opinion is great,Onimaru!!Hmm....did anyone forget to state about orcs?I think it would be interesting if this race is created by Konami cause yeah aside from light,the elves,there should be darkness,the orcs!One or three of the race's members especially the chieftain would be a great list for the Tablet Of Stars.They start with their natural characteristics that are cruel,cold,war loving,blood lust and murderous but finally they are defeated by the Tenkai's army and have to admit their defeat as they never lose any battles before.They are now ally of the human and other demi-human races.

Err....how's that?It's just my opinion.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nouhime wrote:
Your opinion is great,Onimaru!!Hmm....did anyone forget to state about orcs?I think it would be interesting if this race is created by Konami cause yeah aside from light,the elves,there should be darkness,the orcs!

Most elves aren't exactly good people in Suikoden. All the communities seem to be racist towards humans. Although I can't see any orcs introduced being heroes or having morals either.
Nouhime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So,this is a start then!

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I can't see any orcs which would be introduced as heroes in Suikoden as well. If anything, the most I would expect from orcs is that they would be introduced as just random monsters. They could be introduced as a community of monsters though. Slightly more important and intelligent than normal monsters, but monsters nonetheless. That's just what I think though.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a fan of Orcs, and really don't want them dominating the next game. I guess I'd really rather see some elves, above all else.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see gnomes or such as dominant race. We got so many races, which are formidable fighters and great warriors. I want them like beavers, but really not with the powers even those small persons have. It sounds a bit boring, but I want little Krins ;)

The Fool
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was a big fan of Landis in Suikoden 3, and IMO the wingers weren't really done justice in Suikoden 2 so I would love to see them featured in another game. I would also like to see them steer clear of the whole non-human race hating or fearing humans.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Yeah, I can't see any orcs which would be introduced as heroes in Suikoden as well. If anything, the most I would expect from orcs is that they would be introduced as just random monsters. They could be introduced as a community of monsters though. Slightly more important and intelligent than normal monsters, but monsters nonetheless. That's just what I think though.

I might be mistaken, but there were Orc types of monster at the end of Suikoden I at Gregmister area. I don't remeber very well, but they were pig man.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are not mistaken; they are simply called "Orc".
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Instead of coming up with new races to feature, I would rather they only used ones previously introduced and instead came up with new steeds. Despite their lame names, I loved the Dragonhorses in V and the Gul-horses in I, and found they very unique compared to the standard horses. That would also allow them to focus more on already-established races who have received a lot of development or have only been in one game.

And on a side note, I'm also a huge fan of the beavers. One of my favorites races in the series (the ducks are probably my favorite).

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shabadoo wrote:
I would also like to see them steer clear of the whole non-human race hating or fearing humans.

It could be an interesting twist to have a demi-human race that is completely absorbed into a human civilisation. This would of course lead to half breeds and the like, so it is more likely that were they do do this it would be with elves or some other race that is very close to human so people don't get too weirded out or anything.

But yes I agree with your sentiment, they should have a demi-human race that thrives through contact with humans, rather than shunning them as most seem to do so far. Kobolds are probably the closest to what we are saying here, since they don't seem to have any great fear of humans.

Snowy Mountain Peaks

60113 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elves and dwarves! I am a fan of the classic fantasy races. I don't think it is necessarily a sign of creativity to mix a new animal with a human each game.

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see them bring back the kobolds, I really liked them, or even the wingers. I think they could do a lot more with the wingers in a future game. You could even have an entire unit of wingers in your army that swooped out of the sky to attack the enemy, just like the Dragon Knight unit in Suiko I. :P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To dominate huh?

Well that leaves out the Beavers

Maybe the Kobolds,Wingers & Elves go on a Rampage(a Triple Species War against Humans)

Would like to see Bob show up with an army of Werewolfs as well

Maybe DoReMi elves show up....just an idea

Maybe the Grassland Clans get into it(Duck,Lizard)

Maybe introduce a Dragon Tribe
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would like there to be a dominance in kobalds in the next country we go to i mean those guys are to strong and awesome to be confined to one city in one country

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: