Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tenkai's Bodyguard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke Scythe wrote:

Like a strong father type figure or something that travels with them.

You mean, rather like Humphrey is for Futch in Suikoden II? That would be an interesting change.

The Fool
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind having a male speaking for the hero. Maybe someone like Jowy was to Riou, except he never leaves the hero's side. Mentor/teacher would be good too. Although, I kind of wonder what it'd be like if he had a little boy around, talking for him. Maybe he'd be like a big fan of him like ko was with Tir, and constantly say how great he is, and that he'll always be a righteous kind of guy.

I liked both Lyon and Nanami, so either way works for me.

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What if the Tenkai was the bodyguard? And his sole purpose is to guard something much greater than him. :o

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Captain Hero wrote:
What if the Tenkai was the bodyguard? And his sole purpose is to guard something much greater than him. :o
Just hope it doesn't turn into another Snowe + Lalzo thing and the idea could be workable....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eden wrote:
Locke Scythe wrote:

You mean, rather like Humphrey is for Futch in Suikoden II? That would be an interesting change.

Theres just something about the father figure in Suikoden that immediately tells you they'll die at some point in the game... :P
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Eden wrote:
Locke Scythe wrote:

Theres just something about the father figure in Suikoden that immediately tells you they'll die at some point in the game... :P

That is quite true, isn't it? In Suikoden I the Tenkai's actual father is killed by the hero, in II the father-like figure is dead before the story starts, III has the Tenkai's father abandoned his son, which is also some kind of death and in four the real father is killed... What about IV? Since Snowe's father was some kind of father-like figure and he abandoned Lazlo as well as it happened in III that would make the list complete...
Okay, but this is the father role and not the bodyguard. Still it makes the role of the bodyguard more important, don't you think?

The Fool
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that would be cool Rezard. I'm truly for no Bodyguard myself, though if i did a different species would be nice to see(no Kobold or Winger give me a Werewolf or a Vampire for a Bodyguard)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: