Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Why do we feel the need to see Viktor and Flik again?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Dragon Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to revive this topic, because it probably made me re like the suikoden series again. Suikoden V didn't really do much for me, but this forum made me relies why I like suikoden....Viktor and Flik, mostly Viktor, and now I know why.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*read first post only*

I just loved Viktor for his directness. The whole punching out the bureaucrat, the Jujube line, the "Anyone feel like dying today? Step foward, I'll fight until my heart stops!" and his fierce courage as well as his patheticness. I didn't care much for Flik, except that he magnified Viktor's greatness at times.

Unfortunately, if we DO see them again, it is likely that they will be middle aged, and by definition, boring, by then, unless they went to the Western Continent (which you can tell will be the setting for the next game in the present) and there was an event that happened between the 15 years between Suikoden 2 and 3 worthy of being made into a game.

But regardless, you can tell that Flik and Viktor will be back. And they will die. Why? Because the fans want them back. And characters at their level of fandom HAVE to die. its just too much tear potential to go to waste. And I definately will cry when that happens.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
unless they went to the Western Continent (which you can tell will be the setting for the next game in the present) and there was an event that happened between the 15 years between Suikoden 2 and 3 worthy of being made into a game.

only way i would see them going there is if edge's village was in the western continent. since i doubt the higheast rebellion was there since that was most likely a battle in the east with the harmonians. but it can be very possible they did go to the western continent since after all they did go on a journey, doesn't say how long of a journey after all.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say, I could live without seeing Flik again. Although he did improve in my eyes in Suikoden 2.

People seem to hold so much against Pesmerga and Yuber (more specifically Pesmerga) because of the majority fanbase they seem to attract. Many people laid off Yuber a lot after Suikoden 3 because he actually recieved development, but still pick on Pesmerga since he didn't recieve development in 1 or 2, and his particular majority fanbase want him to return. I often hear it said 'no one wants to know about Genshu or Nadir' (of course those two names are interchangeable for other underdeveloped characters) and as a result they don't see why people need to see Pesmerga return. Is it so wrong to like a characters design? Is it so wrong to find some intrigue in a mystery, and wish for the mystery to be resolved? You'll have to forgive Pesmerga fans like myself for finding more interest in the origins and story of some otherworldly character, as opposed to interest in some swordsman from a place called Katana, or a theatre owner who wears a mask. I really don't like this rabid fanbase of Pesmerga fans who at times sully the reputation of Suikoden fans, but I also hold disdain for those who hold hatred for the character due to this fanbase. I want to see Pesmerga return, as I like his character design, and I want to know why he's chasing Yuber and what he actually is. There are more questions surrounding his character than so many other under developed characters, so give the lad a break. Heck, I wouldn't mind if a lot of other unsolved mysteries were solved too, but if these other underdeveloped characters had a rabid smelly fanbase who forced other fans to hate upon them, I would defend them too. I like a good mystery, and I like watching them being unraveled; whether its why Nadir wears his mask, where Genshu comes from, how Hugo grew such a majestic moustache at such a young age, or why Mike shuffles about in the night with guys in hooded robes.

Also, I really wanted to see the return of Humphrey Mintz, you can never have enough of a guy who only speaks when necessary and says exactly what needs to be said. I've been dieing to see Kruetz show face again as well, amongst many other underdeveloped characters who could provide some extra interest if given more time.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well its not like they're going to cut Pez-chan out of the series. I believe I heard that the original crator of Suikoden wanted the final battle to be between him and Yuber. I think Konami knows what they're doing as far as character creation. They know who is needed, who is wanted, and who is hated, likely before the games are released.

About Humphrey... I think you DID see all of his personality. The most interesting characters, from my experience in character creation, are ones with quirks and eccentricities. But there is always a chance that there was somethign that made him that way. But face it, there are people like that in real life as well.

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Blue Thunder hit the nail on the head, I don't think it could possibly be better explained. Nice one BT.

I have to admit, I'd probably squeal like a schoolgirl if I saw Viktor again but I doubt I'd lose any sleep over Flik. God knows how much I hated him in Suikoden, but I guess that's because I hate immature brats. I will conced that in II he was alright, but I still never used him and palways used Viktor

Much like Futch and Humprey. I would cry tears of joy if Humphrey returned but I wouldn't feel the same for Futch. I say this because I didn't really like him until III, but that was because he matured drastically and reminded me more of Humphrey. That and you can't go wrong with having a dragon at hand. Dragons are awesome.

But yeah, I guess I'm saying that I'm a big, raging Viktor fanboy and Flik doesn't appeal to me. But I think BT pretty much rounded up why people want them back.
[/craptalk]

18254 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's just people really like Viktor and Flik. They really make a good combination especially during battles .. :D .

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it" [ kiba ]

.=^.^=. :D
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

awesome man. you hit the nail on the head. i in joyed reading this man

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, Viktor and Flik were like the main hero of Suikoden 1 and 2. They are at the center of the plot in both games and develop as persons during both games.

It's reflective of Shui Hu Zhuan, where the Tenkai Star is pretty boring, while the story often revolves around the more colorful Tattooed Monk and Blue Faced Devil, who have the same star as Viktor and Flik.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: