Suikoden Unique and Irrational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno, I'm iffy on the sequel if they keep the whole semi loli dating setting with the dives and endings as it won't have the 'oh look at me I'm trying to be cheeky without being dirty' aspect, so that'd need to be tweaked in a way for me to be satisfied with that part. They also need a better division for bodyguards as despite it being 4-4 girl/guy 2 of them were always out and Gust & NIS don't seem too concerned with suggestive themes to have a female-female or male-male bonding notion without being overly suggestive.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cedric wrote:
No details were posted. The only thing I know is that it's currently in development for the Playstation 2 for Japan. Darn, I was hoping that I'd see a PS3 RPG soon (I don't count Enchanted Arms) but it's not like they need PS3 graphics for Ar Tonelico games anyway.

But to call this game Ar Tonelico, they'd need the tower correct? That and the surprisingly detailed history of the series' past events (timeline in the art book, etc.) suggests that it should at least be somewhat connected to the first one.

Perhaps some kind soul that knows a bit of Japanese would care to skim over the article and see if there's anything important? Only if you're interested in the game of course.

I don't have a PS3 yet, so I'm kind of glad it's on PS2. Plus, it shows that the PS2 is still in the market. Instead of just being replaced with the PS3. Also, I'm not sure if there are many developers ready for the PS3 yet either.

Of course, but I was just hoping the story would be about them getting of the storm to clear down below. Similar to how Lunar 2 in the end got the earth to clear up. It seemed like something big happened there long ago, and I would like the world to be fixed, so they don't have to stay in the tower forever. Or at least this is what I wish to see. I'd just like a world to explore, instead of having something like Grandia. Still, I guess it would be the same, even if the world got rid of the poisonous gas below.
Perhaps the game will be about another Virus coming into play, and the hero has to stop it once more.
I wonder if some of the older characters, like Shurelia

I would, but my Japanese is pretty bad right now, since I haven't praciticed since highschool. From what I can tell, the blonde girl is Kurooshe, and the Asian girl is Ruka. The guy is Kuroa. I really have no clue on what these names would mean in English, so I'm going to wait on proper translations.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fly wrote:
I dunno, I'm iffy on the sequel if they keep the whole semi loli dating setting with the dives and endings as it won't have the 'oh look at me I'm trying to be cheeky without being dirty' aspect, so that'd need to be tweaked in a way for me to be satisfied with that part. They also need a better division for bodyguards as despite it being 4-4 girl/guy 2 of them were always out and Gust & NIS don't seem too concerned with suggestive themes to have a female-female or male-male bonding notion without being overly suggestive.

I suppose I can live with them tweaking it a bit. But that kind of theme is what gave the game its humor. I don’t play too many games that takes the humor that far, and personally, I think it’s a refreshing change. After all, this game needs to be partially different than other RPGs like it. Otherwise, I’d feel that I wasted money on a stale game.

Dragonstar13 wrote:
Of course, but I was just hoping the story would be about them getting of the storm to clear down below. Similar to how Lunar 2 in the end got the earth to clear up. It seemed like something big happened there long ago, and I would like the world to be fixed, so they don't have to stay in the tower forever. Or at least this is what I wish to see. I'd just like a world to explore, instead of having something like Grandia. Still, I guess it would be the same, even if the world got rid of the poisonous gas below.
Perhaps the game will be about another Virus coming into play, and the hero has to stop it once more.
I wonder if some of the older characters, like Shurelia

Yeah that would be a great way to take the direction of the series. We’re talking hundreds of years already confirmed in the timeline (much like Suikoden) so they have a lot ideas for the setting.

As for Shurelia, I agree that she has the best chance of any other character to appear. She’s been alive throughout the timeline, so there might be a good chance of her showing up somewhere. If it’s set in the past, Tastiella and Mir is a possibility. Kanede (Child of Light) and Mei Mei are also possible.

In fact, in this screen has some screenshots (lower left) that look like the player is fighting Kanede.

Quote:
From what I can tell, the blonde girl is Kurooshe, and the Asian girl is Ruka. The guy is Kuroa. I really have no clue on what these names would mean in English, so I'm going to wait on proper translations.

Ruka would probably translate to Luca or Luka. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen that name for a girl before (Secret of Mana). As for the other two, I’m not even going to guess!

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cedric wrote:

I suppose I can live with them tweaking it a bit. But that kind of theme is what gave the game its humor. I don’t play too many games that takes the humor that far, and personally, I think it’s a refreshing change. After all, this game needs to be partially different than other RPGs like it. Otherwise, I’d feel that I wasted money on a stale game.

Oh by all means I'm all for the general idea of it, just not the same execution of the idea since there was really little outcome to anything as you could effectively be a playboy and have all 3 of the Reyveteils thinking you're a stand up guy without any consequence of 'hang on, hes closer to her yet we all still want him' when really you could bypass that by simply changing the lead male, and using an example; that if you don't pick Aurica as Lyner but she's your main Reyveteil then Lyner stops being the main go to guy for love aspects and instead Radolf is since the 2 share history. Theres really no reason why Lyner shouldn't have any competition and all girls should instantly want him with a passion.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cedric wrote:

As for Shurelia, I agree that she has the best chance of any other character to appear. She’s been alive throughout the timeline, so there might be a good chance of her showing up somewhere. If it’s set in the past, Tastiella and Mir is a possibility. Kanede (Child of Light) and Mei Mei are also possible.

Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. I would love to see Misha again, since she would be able to live for about 300 years. However, I think Shurelia is the most likely canadiate. The only RT I don't think would show up is Aurica, since most 3rd generation RT tend to die around their 20s.
Mei Mei would be a must since she is like the tower computer lol.
I look forward to see Kanede again.

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure we'll see any returning characters. I read that AT2 will take place on a different world, called "Metafals".

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that's true, then that's pretty interesting. Because they created such an intricate timeline for Ar Tonelico 1, I figured they'd go the Suikoden route and turn this series into a connected story. But the tower of Ar Tonelico is a pretty mysterious structure. It might exist in multiple worlds/dimensions for all we know. At any rate, if this is a different world, then the only two people who could manage to come back is Kanede and Mei Mei (and perhaps their sister who was guarding the Wings of Horus portion that fell into the Sea of Death). They seem like the only characters to transcend the world they're currently in. Even Shurelia and her immortal glory seems to be bound to the world of the first game only.

About Aurica, Dragonstar, 3rd generation Reivateils do die in their 20's like you said. But many of them join the Church or Tenba in order to go through a process that extends their lifespan. The Church and Tenba are the only ones who know the procedure, so that's why so many Reivateils join both groups.

Edit:

According to this site some small details have been revealed.

Quote:
Ar Tonelico will continue in its second installment, which is due out in Japan later this year (unspecified date). The tentative title is Ar Tonelico 2: Sekai ni Hibiku Shoujo Tachi no Souzoushi/Metafarica. A rough translation is Ar Tonelico 2: The Crafting Song (Metafarica) of Maidens That Fills the World With Sound. Speculation shows that the game takes place in Sol Ciel again, possibly in the past. Metafarica refers to a Reyvatel song that is able to create new land. The confirmed characters are as follows:

Croshe- Blond-haired Reyvateli
Ruka- Blue-haired Reyvateli
Croa- Protagonist, similar outfit to a Knight of Elemia.
Other characters can be seen, including a girl with two swords and a male character with two spiked shields.

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, wow! I got this game for my birthday and after borrowing my boyfriend's PS2 (mine's buried in a box in the garage from the move) I got to play a few hours of it... it's so much fun and so cute!! :D

A sequel, though? Oooh! If it keeps up the pace that I've gone, I'm going to have to get it. XD It seems to play a lot like Atelier Iris (which I love, by the way), but that's probably because of the production teams. <3

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I purchased Ar tonelico last week after much insistence from Ranadiel. My first impressions after playing about 6:30 hours are quite good! It's quite a refreshing change from all the games I've been playing lately(Disgaea, Xenosaga). It's not a terribly deep game(not yet anyways) and the gameplay is fast-paced enough so that battling doesn't get too tedious. I love the insight that Diving into Reyvateils can give you, but I wish it included more gamplay elements during the diving sequence. Maybe a couple fights or something. Still, it's a very nice addition!

As I said, I'm really enjoying this game!
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea i played the game it was good...Shurelia is the best.....but am i the only one who thinks its too easy and its somehow similar to a dating sim game?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I purchased Ar tonelico last week

Hope you got a complete copy. I been seeing some used copies of the game lately, but they are never complete, otherwise I would have bought them.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The second one is coming out in North America

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, I enjoyed this game quite a bit, especially for its light nature compared to other RPGs nowadays. I'll probably purchase this game.

Also, I need to finish that last part/chapter of the story. I got lazy with it and kinda stopped when I bought other games :p
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
The second one is coming out in North America

Finally! I've been wondering when they were finally going to announce it. Now I just have to wait to see what kind of preorder bonuses I can get from NIS America.....

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: