Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I just hate Zuko. Every single thing about him annoys me, and I am actually liking Mai less because of him. Which just makes me hate him more. It's a cycle.
HarmonianHiccup wrote:
At this point I am being re-convinced that Zuko's going to have to die in the end, though.
I mean, it IS a show aimed at kids so that probability is less than it might be, but I have a feeling that Zuko's redemption is going to be fairly final.
Well, it's not like no one's ever died on the show. I mean, last season alone you had Jet, Smellerbee, Longshot, and, more than likely, Suki and all of her squad or whatever you'd call them.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you guys (,and girls) think of the new season so far. I have to say I'm loving some of the changes that we've seen. I love that they gave Saka sword training, for some reason it just suits him so well.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryu wrote:
What do you guys (,and girls) think of the new season so far. I have to say I'm loving some of the changes that we've seen. I love that they gave Saka sword training, for some reason it just suits him so well.

I've liked it too. The latest episode was by far the best so far this season though. Sokka and Iroh are just pure awesomeness so an episode focusing on the two of them just has to be good. :D

Quick question, is this the first time we've seen Iroh without a shirt? Or to be more accurate my question is whether Iroh has always been this ripped (which I suspect) or he's just buffed up since being imprisoned.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
Quick question, is this the first time we've seen Iroh without a shirt? Or to be more accurate my question is whether Iroh has always been this ripped (which I suspect) or he's just buffed up since being imprisoned.

It is the first time we've seen Iroh without a shirt but he has always been fat and out of shape. Hince why they show him working out in the prison cell. they want to show us just how much he has been working out. his gut is now a six pack.... least thats just makes since to me.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryu wrote:
Hawk Thanatos wrote:

It is the first time we've seen Iroh without a shirt

No it's not. There has been at least one other time, when he was in the hot spring.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved this episode. Iroh is just so awesome. I can't wait to see what he does next.

I really enjoyed when he was clapping insanely. XD
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that was a pretty damn awesome final episode. Though enough loose ends were left that I'm sure there will be a continuation of the series in some form.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish the series had done a Book Four: Air. Yeah. Too many loose ends. Is Jet dead? What happened to Zuko's mom, exactly? I wish the series had been longer, but I don't want to see a spinoff. They should keep it where it is.

I wish, in the finale, that they had shown more of The Order of the White Lotus.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish Sokka had used his sword more. :P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They could have done alot more with the ending. They sorta did it, with a few people they met/knew/helped fighting with them. But they could have done a whole invasion with everyone. Oooh well.

Anyways lots of loose ends. Zuko's mom and sister, Air nomads restoration, introduction to a fifth 'element' type thing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this truly the end to the series? I was totally expecting them to discover that the Air nomads hadn't been wiped out at all but instead had gone away to some floating sanctuary or something. Even then, as others have mentioned, they left way too many loose ends.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*whistles* I for one greatly enjoyed the ending. The only loose thread in my opinion is Azula and Zuko's mother. And that can likely be handled in the mini episodes that keep showing on Nick's schedule.

The Air Nomads are dead, the creators themselves have said so explicitly in interviews.

My favorite part was Likely (spoilers) Azula's mental breakdown. It started simple enough with Mai and Ty Lee's Betrayal, but really starts to show when she hallucinates her conversation with her mother. Seeing her lose it during the battle with Zuko was rather..unsettling given how in control she had always been. And after she was beaten. Damn. Despite what a monster she'd often been portrayed as I really felt sorry for her.

As always, Sokka and Toph were amazing~

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: