Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was the funniest thing you come across throughout the whole serie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmn, let's see here.

II -- I haven't played it, but I've seen some of the scenes.
-- The little exchange between Viktor and Neclord right before you fight him. I love how Viktor just goes on and on.
-- I'm not sure which battle this is from, but right at the beginning Sasarai says something along the lines of "This will require a little finesse", and then Seed pops up and says "Finesse? You make it sound like cooking!". It was a little random and I find it amusing to no end.

III -- The plays! In the Boy who Cried Wolf play, casting Nash as either the sheep or the wolf ((he yells out which part he's playing as he charges across the stage)), or Bright/Ruby as the sheep and one of the dogs as the wolf ((seeing a massive creature being chased by a tiny dog just cracks me up)). Also, casting Caesar as the boy in that play. "For Christsakes there's a wolf!!!" And in the Romeo and Juilet play: with Caesar as Romeo, he just improvises all his lines. If you have Viki as Juilet, the whole thing makes absolutely no sense ^^. That play is also really funny with Jaques as Juilet and Geddoe as Romeo. All the lines consist of "......" until Jaques comes back on at the end and says something along the lines of "A woman's role is indeed difficult to play..."
-- Other noteable moments include the bath scene with Rody, Melville and Louis, the bath scene with Shiba, Bazba and Dupa ((they mistook Hallec for Nash >.<)), Mua's bath scene ((HIS arms?!? ... ahem...)), any of the duels with Guillaume, and Chris' recruitment scenes for Mel and Gordon.

IV -- Tal doing backflips back to his spot during battles :P

Tactics -- Roget's ((horribly forced)) accent ^w^ I laugh everytime he opens his mouth.

V -- The "disturbingly atractive scene".
-- Euram falling down the stairs in Sable and during Alhazred's recruitment mini-quest. (("My poor, fragile, gentlemanly body!"))
-- Mathias and his obsession with disposing of evildoer's loathsome corpses in the nearest body of water.
[RECRUITMENT SPOILER!]
-- During Richard's recruitment quest. If you speak to Richard and Mueller twice, they say some pretty funny things ^^ Richard says something about the Prince thinking that training on a mountain means sitting under a waterfall, and how he'd never do that because it's too cold. When you talk to Mueller, he says how Richard is probably up on some mountain, staring at the waterfall and smiling until his eyes glaze over. When you head back to pick Richard up, you notice that is EXACTLY what he's doing! I had quite the little giggle fit ^^v
Oboro Tennosuke

Earhbound Spirits

453 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1: The first scenes, if you try to snoop around Cleo/Pahn/Gremio's rooms are worth a chuckle...other than that, Milich (of course), he's got such a flair when speaking, you can't help but laugh at it. Viktor's antics are always entertaining too.

Suikoden 2: The bath scenes with Riou/Flik/Viktor washing each other's backs is funny to me for some reason. Like someone else posted, bringing "weird" people like Luc, Shiro, Wakaba to Greenhill produces hilarious results...

Suikoden 3: The theatre scenes, obviously! Sadly It's too long since I played it, but it's a real comedy goldmine. Then...recruiting Gordon with Chris (in response to his flirting, she turns back towards the party and says "someone save me..."). The scene with Mel is pretty funny too.

Suikoden 4:...don't remember much, not even that Keneth deserted island scene, even though it must have been pretty funny. Gau and Dario's Unite makes me chuckle everytime, whether it fails or not.

Suikoden 5: Many, many, many examples, like you guys have shown! Off the top of my head, I'd have to say:

-Every time Logg/Lun talk, their accents are really hilarious!
-Every scene with Salum Barows in it. Most of you have mentioned Euram, but I've always found his pompous and sleazy father to be much more of a riot!

Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After first time watching Suikoden 3 story I decided to play Suikoden 2 again. Then at Greenhill I took Luc and the point when we are tracking Flik he's like "What am I doing here....". I thought that was so hilarious after knowing the suiko 3 events :mrgreen:
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't find Suikoden series particularly amusing.
I can't recall a single moment in which I burst out laughing...
Nevertheless I'm pretty fond of the majority of scenes including Euram and Salum Barrows, Viktor, Juan, Miakis and Lymsleia...and that's basically it.

On second thought though, the infamous grammatical error made by Mathiu in SI ("all this killing in front of a children"- more or less) was a bit funny, I suppose...
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what about in Suikoden V wehere Killey asks the prince where he got the bust and the prince has the option to reply, " The magical bust shop!" and killey replies that he should have known better asking a child.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally saw the somewhat famous SAPPHIRE bath scene in Suikoden 5. I found it amusing when it was brought here, but I didnt know it was actually IN the game. I couldnt stop laughing, it was so perfect, yet so much effort put into that one small scene! And they take it all so seriously too!

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor is great, he is by far the funniest character. Just how his mind works not necessarily even the things he says sometimes, but the choices he makes and situations he gets in.
Charles_Flynn

9180 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 Stardragonsword "Th-thump? You fool! You don't "thump" with a legendary sword like me!"

Eresh in 5 was funny, Lun and Subala's bath scene
Take from gamefaqs....
Subala: Yers got so big 'cause ya drank THAT stuff when you were little!

Lun: You-- You... What the...? In front of my... What are you...? I can't
believe you just said that!

Subala: What? I'm serious! That's how it happened!

Kisara: Hmm... You could drink some too, if you like, Subala.

Subala: Whaaat?!

Lun: M-Mum?!

Kisara: Ah, it sure brings back memories. You know, I told him it wasn't
for kids, but... Lun's father said it tasted so good, she had to
have some.

Lun: Wait. What?

Kisara: ...But, of course, it was too bitter for her, and she cried and cried
until her eyelids got all puffy... So maybe you're right. Maybe
drinking that stuff is exactly what gave Lun those big, round eyes.
Why don't you both drink up? The Admiral's tea's just the thing to
soothe frayed nerves.

Subala: ......

Lun: ......

Subala: You were talkin' 'bout eyes?

Lun: You were talkin' about tea?
--------------------------
The acting scene with Lyon and Faylon and Fayen and Saialedds(misspelled)
"oh no" Heeeeeeeeelp!" I do not remeber laughing that hard before that in that game.
There are a lot of them but I cna't remember them all, now I have to go through and replay the entire series. Okay I'll do it in chronological order this time, see you next week.
+=vadett.trese=+

3894 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The whOle MUkUmUkU exPerieNCe

GETtInG aLL MukUmuKu is FUn

EspecIAlly When THey are aLL in yOur party

630 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

recruiting estella will make you insane after you tell her there is no gordius at the back and you see you see her facial expression

her get up and all, her pink wig, her tattoo, prostitute witch= priceless
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were plenty of funny scenes in the Suikoden series, but i took down some of the nice quotes from Suikoden 5... These are my personal favourites...

----------------------------------------

(Welcome to Haud. Zegai was perfect in his role to emulate the humour)

Sialeeds: Lord Barrows gathered together artists which he thought had promise and got them to build a town. For better or for worse, this is how it turned out.

Zegai: It is… An attack on my senses…

Georg: Geez. I’d hate to meet the artists who didn’t have promise.

----------------------------------------

(Of course, there's always dear Egbert.. I actually took down the entire recruitment conversation... Well, not all of it, buit mainly the Godwin bashing part. It was hard trust me... My favourite part of the whole conversation being "I hope it's not too noticable" and of course, the fingernails part)

Egbert: That insalubrious blackguard Godwin is truly the very SOUL of evil incarnate!

His PESTIFEROUS being spreads evil to everything it TOUCHES! Stormfist USED to be mine, I tell you!

It RIGHTFULLY belongs to the House of Aethelbald! He TOOK it from me, he TRICKED everyone! FILTHY, FILTHY, DEVIL!

No QUARTER or MERCY for the FILTHY DEVIL! BASH HIS EXECRABLEMALEFIECENT RANCOROUSDAMNABLEFACE! DEVIL!

PERFIDIOUSMISERABLEODIOUSWRETCH!! GEYAAAAARRRGH!!!

*Pant pant* I really can’t stand this anymore.

To be honest, thinking about it makes me a bit batty sometimes. I hope it’s not too noticeable.

Your Highness please! Let me join you army! I must defeat that FILTHY GODWIN DEVIL!

My own two HANDS shall squeeze his neck! I’ll STAB him in the forehead with my FINGERNAIL! DIVINE RETRIBUTION!

------------------------------------

(Zweig says some pretty nice stuff here and there too... Of course, our dear prince contributes in this conversation...)

Zwieg: So, did you find what you were looking for?
Lorelai: No… Without the rune Prince, you can’t get ANYWAY around these ruins.
Zweig: So you were just waiting here, planning to shamelessly invite yourself along with us when we returned?
Lorelai: Uh… So what if that was my plan?! It’s not like you were worried about me, right?
Prince: We were worried about you!
Lorelai: You sure do say some weird things. Anyway, whatever. I’m sorry.

-------------------------------------

(Zerase cracks me up everytime too...)

Prince: Sure! Thanks! We appreciate your help!
Lyon: Prince! This lady is crazy! How can you be so trusting?!
Zerase: Silence. This boy seems to at least possess marginal intellect. Which is more than can be said for…some of you.

(No mercy from Lun... That's probably as bad as anyone can unleash to insult their childhood friend)

Lun: BOYFRIEND?!! Subala’s a GIRL. She got hit with an ugly stick, so it’s hard to tell... I guess you could call us childhood friends, but that would make her sound FRIENDLY. She’s rude, crude and lewd, and those are some of her BETTER qualities…

(This part was funny due to the build up when you reveal the text of Lyon's reply... Initially she starts with "Lady Sialeeds... How could you...")

Sialeeds: I swear that if I catch the person impersonating my precious nephew… I’ll slap him!... HARD!
Lyon: Lady Sialeeds… How could you… How could you not invite me to slap this imposter as well?! Why, I’ll slap him even harder!

--------------------------------------

(And finally, my personal favourite... Best of all, it's from a random townswoman... I'd give her a character biography on suikox just for this i'd say...)

Townsman: First Lord Salum Barrows, now young Master Euram Barrows! What is WRONG with that family?!
Townswoman: Their frilly clothes must cut off the oxygen to their brains!
SilverMaiden

4518 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite funny scenes are mostly from 3.

The second duel with Guilliame in front of the VdZ Guild Hall (if you use Chris), Mel & Branky (the Chris part), meeting up with Hortez at Caleria, Chris recruiting Gordon, and the Chris/Lucia scene at the final battle.
Arjuna

15746 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe not a single mention of when you first go to the Dragon's Den in Suikoden and talk to Joshua. He asks what the important matter is.

You have two choices.

Good god I think I died laughing when I first saw that. Just the serious look on Tir's portrait and saying that 2nd line. :*laugh*:

I think every moment you walk into borders you can't cross and you get chased off is also pretty funny.

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Any scene that involves Euram Barows or Egbert Aethelbald are very funny. I cannot help myself from laughing each time I see any scene about them. For Euram, I found his desire to "sully" the prince's name which just ends up in disaster very hilarious. And as for Egbert, anything he says which involved filthy devils (which, apparently is in every dialogue he is in) ver hilarious too.

I COMPLETELY AGREE YOU FILTHY DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: