Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Le Chevalier d'Eon

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Le Chevalier d'Eon Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else heard of this series? I think I found out about it through information on Romeo X Juliet (which looks terrible, despite having music by one of my favorite Japanese composers--Hitoshi Sakimoto). It was in my Amazon.com shopping cart, so I figured I'd buy it and check it out. And it was totally worth it!

I've only seen the first few episodes, but it's quite excellent. It's got everything I love in anime--sword fighting, a large cast, and lots of politics, with a dash of fantasy. If you're a Suikoden fan, you'll probably love this show.

So has anyone seen many/all the episodes. Does the series keep going strong (according to reviews I've read it has, unlike a lot of other series which fizzle out and end up being too fantasy-based in the end). Utawarerumono's ending disappointed me, so I'm hoping this one sticks with it's basic political plot instead of going crazy with the fantasy-oriented plot twists.

I also have a question about the DVDs. On Amazon, there are two listings for Volume 2 (one for all the rest). The normal-looking Vol.2 is only sold by the marketplace people, is cheaper, but has a different image (http://www.amazon.com/Chevalier-dEon-Vol-Agen-Provocateur/dp/B000MMLPH I/ref=cm_lmf_tit_2_rdssss0). The other one has a different picture (looks more like a box set), is offered new from Amazon.com itself, and has all the same information listed (http://www.amazon.com/Chevalier-dEon-Vol-Agen-Provocateur/dp/B000MMLPI 2/ref=pd_sbs_d_3). I just want to know if the second, more expensive one comes with any extras or if I should just stick with the cheaper one. Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out the difference between the two Volume 2 versions after checking out a few other sites. The more expensive one comes with a custom box to hold all 6 volumes. Sounds interesting, I'll have to see if I can afford it!

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have seen nearly all of the episodes of Le Chevalier d'Eon, on Adult Swim here in Australia. I think that i might have missed one or two episodes, but i guess it's inconsequential.

Before i answer your question, i'd like to first give my opinion about it. It is not a bad anime series, but it's not great. The story is good, the fighting is good, but something about it didn't "wow" me. Probably the main reason for this is that it doesn't try to exagerrate things so much, and exaggerration is the staple for anime/manga culture. What i mean by the previous sentence was that the "monsters" don't look so grotesque or repulsive, and overall the violence is a bit toned down, and the expressions on everyone is not that...well, expressive. Everything is toned down by a couple of notches. It was more like drawing up an animation for a live action adaptation for the plot than an anime.

Well, that said, i think that you won't be disappointed with the story, although the fantasy aspects are important to the story, considering the story is about d'Eon sharing his body with his dead sister, but stays true to the political aspect of the story. The Ending is pretty interesting, and it did make me read up a bit of those characters, since most of them are based on real characters, including d'Eon himself.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: