Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rumor: Suikoden VI on psp
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another rumour bits the dust! Damn!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
A lot more rumors are showing up on my radar these days, but so far none have been true. Some retail sites have had Suikoden 6 on their list for more than a year, and they can't be trusted as a source. The newest Famitsu didn't have anything on suikoden either, although fake rumors were spread by dumbasses that "Suikoden 6 for the PSP will be revealed in the next famitsu" did appear in 2ch a few days ago.

I'll obviously be doubtful until I see a scan of a magazine with info about Suikoden 6.

When people are starving, they'll scramble in the dustiest of corners for even the most stale of crumbs.

(that was deep)

We're not even getting crumbs and there's only so long we can cling onto Suikoden V manga (none since February and the last few have been compilations of past releases anyway), cell phone releases (a manga and Suikoden I) and the possible PS3/PSP Playstation Network download (which can easily be construed as Konami squeezing the last few coppers out of a dying franchise).
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And meanwhile Konami is just sitting quietly and letting the rumours circle. First, they get PS3 owners interested by saying they're experimenting with the console and because PS3 owners want an RPG on their system. Then it's Wii, where a lot of PS2 owners have moved and are looking for more games. And now the PSP, so the PSP owners get interested in Suikoden and possibly the PSN download. Konami just lets the hype build up and different console owners get interested in the series... all in preparation for the unveiling of Suikoden VI for the Nokia N-Gage!
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would rather play Suikoden 6 on the ps2 than the psp. Ps2 has better graphics than the psp. But, it would really be great if they just release those games both in the ps2 and the psp. So that fans can enjoy the series.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would not mind Suikoden VI on the PSP. PS2 graphics are achievable on the PSP, well Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII has early PS2 quality graphics.
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't get why so many people would want to see Suikoden VI on the PS2? It's a good enough series to deserve an update like every other good RPG series out there.

If Tales can update to next-gen with Vesperia, so can Suikoden.

I'd WAY rather Suikoden VI come out on the PSP over the PS2, at least the PSP is still somewhat relevant.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd guess it has something to do with the success of Persona 3.
Locke Scythe

Scythe

2679 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just wish Suikoden would get its Persona 3 (high coverage high respect etc)

Maybe they should just redo suikoden 1 and 2 as one game type thign for the ps3 and see if that would sell well/relaunch the franchise.
I don?t care, I?m still free.
You can?t take the sky from me.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And include some footage in between Suikoden 1 and 2...
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just wish they make it for the PSP or the ps2 i dont want to buy another console
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a pretty poor reason for wanting it on those consoles, the question should be, which would benefit not only the game, but the series the most.

The PS2 would be a solid choice but I don't think it would ever achieve what Persona 3 did for the SMT series. Instead either the 360 (for the already growing RPG playerbase) or the Wii (for good sales regardless). Handhelds are a bit different, I'd like Suikoden on the PSP or DS, but I don't think it would do much to benefit the series as a whole.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it could benefit the series to have it on the DS. It could be a return to the S1 and S2 style of graphics. The menu could be on the bottom with the touch screen being able to switch between the different pages and the like and the top screen could be for movement and the map. For battles, the top could be just the action and the bottom could be where you decide what you wanna do and select things and whatnot. I think it could work very well.
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I respectfully disagree with that. I think getting the graphics of suikoden 6 back to its graphics in S1 and S2 will not benefit the game. I think the graphics of suikoden 4 is enough with the addition of the gameplay of suikoden 5, including the aspect of the game in which the main character is able to walk and explore the map of the country.

I'm worried that suikoden 3 might land in the xbox 360. Final Fantasy 13 was announced for the xbox. So the possibility of suikoden not being in the ps3 and changing its console is highly possible. I really wish that one more suikoden game in the ps2 would be made. There are still many gamers who own their ps2 so it may not be a bad idea to invest another suikoden game in it rather than risking to go to the next generation consoles which may result in suikoden being ignored because it may not appeal to the next generation gamers. That's just my opinion.
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The suikoden 3 in my previous article refers to suikoden 6. just a typographical error.
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll be happy if the suikoden 6 will be in PSP. and also i expected high quality grafic game. non need to change the S1 and s2 grafic because psp capable to play high grafic game. like Final Fantasy 7 : crisis core.

but the will be better if stay in Ps2 and i will be mad if the game put in Xbox or Ps3
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: