Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question: Love interests in IV and Tactics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Question: Love interests in IV and Tactics Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't get Suikoden IV and Tactics, so...please answer this:

-I heard that SIV lack romance? Is Lazlo have no any love interest with the women in his army?

-Does Kyril have any love interest?

Please answer those questions, pretty please with sugar on top?

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Firstly, please make the topic title more relevant to the questions. Seeing a topic title like this sorta is a turn off for many. You can't tell what the discussion inside will be about.

Second, the answers. Lazlo doesn't really have a love interest, but really what Suikoden does? Tir didn't, he had a friendship with Gremio which was stolen. Riou had his sister. Sure there was sort of a thing with Eilie, but I don't think it was a real love interest as much is was Konami's way of telling us Eilie was easy. Hugo and Geddoe had no love interest, nor did Chris really. Nash flirted, but he always referenced a wife so it couldn't go anywhere. Faroush I guess had a love interest with Lyon, but honestly I never caught a heavy vibe from them. Nor with Miakis. I think the Prince's ambitions was more set of helping his sister than to get some. Even after the game ends, they really don't push the idea of a romance with either Lyon or Miakis.

So, I guess IV doesn't "lack" a love interest as much as IV follows the Suikoden formula of not making it about romance. Lazlo really didn't interact with too many people on a personal level in IV, which was one of its more major flaws. Flare was the only one who I think ever had personal dialogue with Lazlo, but she wasn't even in the majority of the game, and since you say you haven't played IV, I'll spoiler tag the rest. Lazlo is supposedly Lino's long lost son, thus making him Flare's brother, so the only love interest possibility would be a la Star Wars Luke-Leia.

As for Suikoden Tactics, Kyril doesn't really have a love interest I don't think. One could try and make one between him and Corselia, but they'd have to scrape pretty hard. The root of the "love" in that game was more or less Yohn's love for Kyril. Again, I won't spoil it for you, but the game has little sexual tension. Maybe a bit between Andarc and Seneca though.

Suikoden is a series that rarely uses old fashioned love as its root of motivation. Of course it was the driving factor for 1, 2 and 5. But a different type of love. The love Tir had for his nation, The love Riou had for the good old days with Nanami and Jowy and being at peace and of course the love for his younger sister in the Prince's case. One could argue the love for his fallen buddy Lulu kept Hugo going as well. But never has the driving force behind any Tenkai/main character been about a boy-girl love.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, um, thanks.

First, I don't know how to change the forum name, and thanks for rename it.

Second, what I mean is...well, any women that might be have biggest chance to have a love interest with the Tenkais. Frey and Lyon work fine, even in the game there's no way there will be any love conversation between the hero and the possibility love interest, I can make it in my fanfiction.

So, the namely Frey and Lyon, Riou and Eilie, Thomas and Cecile, and last but not least Tir and Kasumi -spoiler-. What I want to know is the closest woman for Lazlo and Kyril. Just so you know, I'm an author of another forum like this, and I'm currently try to make the story about all heroes love interest.

If you can't tell me more, fine. But tell me how to close the link, please?

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Corselia had a crush on Kyril. As for Lazlo, none of the women really seemed interested in him. There were other couples though. Akaghi and Mizuki spring to mind and Jewel had a crush on Snowe.
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, okay. Thanks.

ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare wrote:
Well, Corselia had a crush on Kyril. As for Lazlo, none of the women really seemed interested in him. There were other couples though. Akaghi and Mizuki spring to mind and Jewel had a crush on Snowe.

Millay appeared to show some interest in Lazlo in SIV, going by Gretchen's and Millay's confessions. Nothing happened between them in the game though, nor in Tactics.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget about Aldo and Ted. That's not just friendship. :)

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ard wrote:
Flare wrote:

Millay appeared to show some interest in Lazlo in SIV, going by Gretchen's and Millay's confessions. Nothing happened between them in the game though, nor in Tactics.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Gretchen, Millay, and Helga kinda stalked him by his room, if that counts.
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean, they confess their feelings to Lazlo? Gretchen and Millay confess to Lazlo, and so he didn't answer? Hmm...okay.

ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not quite, the confession room in SIV is much like the detectives from other Suikodens where you can find out stuff about characters. During a confession a characer will be asked several questions which they might answer. Afterwards you can either forgive them or punish them.

From the confessions Gretchen and Millay make you can see Millay shows some sort of interest in Lazlo. Gretchen does not, nor does Helga. Though they "stalked" Lazlo by his room as well as Flare said. None of these characters ever confessed their feelings directly towards Lazlo, as far you can see in-game. I'll post the confessions from the confession FAQ from Gamefaqs. Don't read it if you don't want the confessions to be spoiled. ;)

---

Quote:
Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess
what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
Gretchen: I-I understand.
Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who
you think is causing problems?
Gretchen: Umm... well...
Keen: Are you saying there is no one?
Gretchen: Well, there is Ms. Millay...
Every time she opens her mouth, it's all about Sir Lazlo.
Gretchen: Can we just leave it at that?
Keen: Then, would you tell me what you think of Lazlo?
Gretchen: Well...
Gretchen: I am grateful to him for allowing me to join the Rush.
Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all
the things that you are thankful for.
Gretchen: I am on board this ship right now.
There is no joy greater than that.
For that, I am truly thankful.
Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
FORGIVE
Gretchen: Phew...
DON'T FORGIVE
Gretchen: ...!!
Gretchen: Whoa!!

Quote:
Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess
what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
Millay: A-All right... I understand.
Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who
you think is causing problems?
Millay: What?
Millay: I-Is it appropriate to speak of such things?
Millay: I-I think I will decline after all...
Keen: Then, would you tell me what you think of Lazlo?
Millay: What?!
Millay: N-No comment!
Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all
the things that you are thankful for.
Millay: I thought that Mr. Reinbach was a more terrible... more indecent
person.
Millay: But in reality, he is not like that at all...
Millay: I may have been ignorant, but I still felt hatred toward other
people. For that, I must apologize...
Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
FORGIVE
Millay: Th-This is...?
Millay: Is this fine?
For me... to be forgiven?
DON'T FORGIVE
Millay: Nooo!!
Millay: ...
Millay: Does this mean... that I have not repented sufficiently enough?
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:*laugh*: :*laugh*: :*laugh*:

Oh, that a nice system. Why the two of them not forgiven? Or that was only the comments if we tried to forgive or not forgive? Oh well. Thanks for everyone.

I wonder how I can lock this thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: