Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

clothes of falena !!! does it ring a bell?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Raura & Hortez VII are from Falena. Their clothes & appearance have an Egyptian style which I don't really think resemble the look of Killey, Lorelai or the newly revealed Suikoden V characters.

And if Raura was from Falena, I would imagine it would of been listed in her profile from Richmond, as it does for Killey & Lorelai. (The profile lists her location as "Unknown")

This leads me to believe that Raura & Hortez VII are from another, not yet revealed location in the Suikoden universe.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There exists a smaller link between Raura/Hortez and the Falenians that we see so far. Hortez already has a direct link to the Sindar (the symbol on his hat is identical to a symbol found throughout the Ceremonial Site). Hortez dresses like Raura and is likely from the same culture. Jeane is close friends with Raura. This link may suggest that Jeane is linked to the Sindar, but of course anything about Jeane is possible. The Queen looking like Jeane is odd through. Perhaps Jeane(s) originate from Falena, and Suikoden 2's Jeane befriended Raura there?

Also, there is a Sindar ruin in Falena. In Suikogaiden 2 when Viki starts teleporting Nash, Meg, Millie, Bonaparte, and Gadget around through time they end up at a Sindar ruin. I believe this ruin was in Falena but I could be wrong. There they met Killey and Lorelai and had a brief dialogue.

At this point, only speculation is possible. I speculate that the culture Hortez and Raura originate from is somewhere near Falena, if it isn't Falena itself.

^Actual quote!
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Hortez dresses like Raura and is likely from the same culture.

I think that SARS confirmed from an official source that Raura is his mother. At least, that's what I remember him saying on the site somewhere.

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is likely. But considering how little information was revealed about S3 characters (when compared to S2 characters anyways) I'm not sure I believe it. It may have been mentioned in an issue of Genso Shinso though...and since I don't read/speak Japanese...

But if it is true, then Jeane has an even more solid link to the Sindar!

^Actual quote!
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raura and Falena looked egyptian style, as a lot of people realized long ago. And the ancient egyptians revered the sun as a god. Now, taking into consideration that the Queen's palace is called Palace of the Sun...

The plot thickens? I hope so. On another note, I doubt that Jeane is a Sindar, but I'm positive that Viki is.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if fallena is egyption sytle which if you ak me i dont really think they are but anyway i am not going to enjoy suikoden 5 because i dont like egypt much and if there are any egyptions here i do apologize.

Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...you know, this makes me wonder if we'll see a desert take up a large portion of the game...?

ALSO we all assumed that Falena would be like ancient Rome because they had slavery and gladiators. Maybe they're more like ancient Egypt then?

^Actual quote!
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am hoping for ancient rome but thats me but i know that most people will like ancient egypt but i am guessing that as well so i really dont know much about this at the moment but thats not my problem is it??

Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient Egypt, now I like that theory!

It wouldn't be a stretch that's for sure, Blue Thunder. The rowboat seems to reflect some sort of ancient Egyptian form of slavery. They could be on their version of the Nile River. And of course, there's the supposed Sun Rune.

But we've seen that screenshot on the main site, so there seems to be forests and mountains as well. I hope Falena is very diverse. I'd like to see some snow (Seek Valley doesn't count) but judging from Bridget's outfit, I don't think there's any snow in the vicinity.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it will be more of an Ancient Roman type of feel. Romans also worshipped emblems similar to the Sun and many of their Caesers went to Egypt and studied there, thus their culture certainly reflects Ancient Egyptian motifs. So, it isn't a stretch to see those themes reflected in Falena which I believe will reflect Ancient Rome.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good it seems one person agrees with me which is good go ancient rome!!! If it is a mix of the two cultures then i can gladly live with that.

MarkSee

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Raura and Hortez are more similar with Ancient Armes than anything else. Ancient Armes is like ancient egyptian style, same as Raura and Hortez. Jeane knows Raura, and is also interested in Ancient Armes, there's a connection there.
Perhaps they're all from that time period and got caught up in a viki-esque type loop. :?
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the clothes of Falena send a singal that Falena is well off I mean if you look at the dress of working class I think you will find there are a lot facy than that of other countryies.

And I think the reason they wear a lot of red is that Red is the color of the sun and the Main Rune of Falena is the Sun Rune.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm, since when is the sun considered to be red? It is usually considered yellow, though it is as much red as it is blue, green, purple, and any other color!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Falenan considering red like sun? I mean, the sun is blazing hot...so there's lot of red in their clothes. Freyjadour and Lymsleia's formal clothes have slight orange too. In Frey's tip of shawl, and tip of Lymsleia's gown sleeves...

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: