Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 5 Additions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

!Shadow Wolf! wrote:
Umm about bridges. Where did this idea come from?

:? Well, it was said that new roads could be made, but what if there was a body of water in the way of the road that you wanted to build? You'd need a bridge. The question still stands. I just want to know if bridges can be built and if it is the same cost as a road or if it should be something entirely different. Just asking. I'm curious.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are no "bridges." Roads can simply be built over rivers.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can they be built over lakes as well?
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. These are great changes, SARSadmin. But i do have a question about exploarations. I already know that we can specify the place of exploration. But i have to ask about the incentives... I heard that we could get one of the following prizes in exploration.

1. territories
Do we automatically get that as a new region? Will we have conrol of the roads it may have and where it is connected? or is it up to you?

2. treasures
What kind of trasures are included here? money? items? stat-ups? or posibly some free upgrades?

3. recruits
I heard that you can somehow find tribes somewhere that we can assimilate as troops. That would be considered as a soldier bonus, won't it?

4. anything else?
Could there be other things we can find?

Sorry for all the questions. I just wnted to know a little bit more of the new Exploration system. you are not prompted to answer any question that's still classified. But i'd like to know a little more.

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Can they be built over lakes as well?

I guess it can be possible, but it would be extremely time-consuming and expsnsive. I doubt anyone would attempt sucha thing.

VikiFanatic wrote:
Wow. These are great changes, SARSadmin. But i do have a question about exploarations. I already know that we can specify the place of exploration. But i have to ask about the incentives... I heard that we could get one of the following prizes in exploration.

You can't specify the place of exploration.

Quote:

1. territories
Do we automatically get that as a new region? Will we have conrol of the roads it may have and where it is connected? or is it up to you?

It still is unknown if you can ever find new regions, so you're getting ahead of yourself.

Quote:

2. treasures
What kind of trasures are included here? money? items? stat-ups? or posibly some free upgrades?

No comment.

Quote:

3. recruits
I heard that you can somehow find tribes somewhere that we can assimilate as troops. That would be considered as a soldier bonus, won't it?

No comment.

Quote:

4. anything else?
Could there be other things we can find?

No comment.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, it would be interesting to see two allies work together build a Great Road over a lake to allow for commerce and travel. I think that would add an interesting aspect to things. Also, I have presented a question in my nation's forum regarding the governor attributes. Are those bonuses inclusive to the bonuses special regiment types already have? Also, I wasn't sure if the governor had to present at the battle for the attributes to take effect or does the region just have to be attacked for the bonuses to take hold.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think the Governor would need to be present as, if I understand correctly, only the Governor's unit receives the bonus. It wouldn't make much sense for the Governor to be attacking another nation while the territory s/he governs is being attacked and gaining the bonus. At least, that's the impression I get from this:

Quote:
This bonus only works when a governor is defending his/her own region.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so I was correct in my assumption and it actually tells you right there if I would just read. lol. So, that's just another aspect that one must consider when defending their territory, The battle system is becoming more and more involved. Is there any information on whether or not the bonus for being a Governor also adds onto the previous bonuses a regiment already has?

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I stated in what Jeremy quoted, the troops under the governor will only receive those bonuses when defending their orn region. This should make sense when you think of it, because you're likely to try your best defending your own home.

And the bonus would stack with any other unit bonus. You can even have a royal guard naval unit be a governor, and such a unit would have a defenseive bonus as a royal guard, as a governor, and the attack bonus of a naval unit when defending their region's naval superiority.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! That would make a Royal Guard quite a formidable opponent. This is good information. Now we can find ways to combine various territorial advantages to strengthening regiments. These new implementations will surely increase the level options each nation has at their disposal while in the battle phase or just for their nation in general. Very interesting indeed.

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Okay, so Jowston has a free reassignment [after, I presume, politics points for this phase are rewarded] to Matilda, Coronet or Ryube?

Okay, I just would like one thing to be cleared. It's regarding this piece of comment by Harukaze that wasn't quite confirmed by SARSadmin. So do Jowston have to pay 3 PP if they want to move the capital to neighbouring towns or do we get free re-assignment like Harukaze mentioned?

EDIT: and one more thing. Regarding exploration, can we only get either "good things (whatever it is) or fail", or could we also get something bad (like losing soldiers or whatever)?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Jowston doesn't have to pay. If you choose to pay, you can put your capital anyway. SARS already answered that one... somewhere, but the topic became so cluttered so quickly that I don't really want to dig through it to find where :)

Very nteresting question on exploration, though. Knowing in advance if there's even the possibility for a negative effect would be very helpful in a nation's decision to explore or not.

Oh and hey, Grudge, kindly don't claim credit for a question I asked way back on page one *bops you with a nerf bat* Bridges were my idea :p I do hope, though, that bridges over lakes won't be considered, simply because that's going to make the map look very ugly ^_^ Actually I kinda hope we won't see any roads at all for awhile, since I have a somewhat custom map and that would necessitate reloading the original map in order to get the new road included in. Bad enough I had to recreate the whole thing this last phase, what with a new territory and new geography and all.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah okay, thank you for the confirmation, Harukaze. I wasn't quite clear before. =)

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When a capital is conquered what parts of the nation count towards supply lines? Assume that Zexen don't gain any territory but lose only Vinay Del Zexay this phase- what regions will count towards PP and soldier gains next phase?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: What does exploration do? Does it discover new territory, find soldiers, open new roads, or what? Or is it a big secret, or something you handle on a case-by-case basis?

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: