Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wii Fit Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Wii Fit Anyone? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got one for my mom for her birthday this Friday and a few more to sell/return. The package is pretty heavy, especially when carrying 3 of them at once, I am waiting to check it out either tomorrow or on Friday depending on how much interest the users of the "game" (my parents) will have.

Based on the reviews I seen I doubt it will be very fun, and I just hope the thing will get used enough to not feel like a waste of $100. I also fully expect the game to be traded in well before it'll be easy to buy new ones in stores, no offense to anyone who consider themselves to be slightly overweight, but I doubt the program is fun or effective enough for the masses to stick with long term.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, listen to yourself! Have you learned nothing from Wii Sports? It's one of the the most long-lasting games of this generation. And the Japanese have already had Wii Fit for half a year and they're still loving it. Nah, Fit is something that will be used for months and years, for a time in which most regular games would be played and forgotten by the dozens.

I am slightly interested if you will be able to make a profit from your extra sets, though. I haven't bought one yet, being short on cash, but it's my number 1 game buying priority.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah but Wii sports was free and likely the first Wii game every person enjoyed playing, while Wii Fit is close to $100 after tax and said to be not much more entertaining than Wii sports if at all.

Plus, I don't think those that enjoy sitting on the couch playing (or standing when playing certain wii games) the latest video games for pure gaming entertainment/most people, would stick with a workout program/game with limited gameplay and is not exactly proven to work too efficiently, not to mention keeping up with the physical act of working out itself, which most don't like to do.

I think I might stick with it since $100 is a lot of money to me, but that's hardly enough motivation to someone who buys a few $65 games monthly.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Plus, I don't think those that enjoy sitting on the couch playing (or standing when playing certain wii games) the latest video games for pure gaming entertainment/most people, would stick with a workout program/game with limited gameplay and is not exactly proven to work too efficiently, not to mention keeping up with the physical act of working out itself, which most don't like to do.

I think you'd be surprised what people are willing to do when things are packaged right. I can tell you first hand that you don't need expensive equipment to do aerobic or strength training, and for a lot of people who have been putting off buying that $300 total gym, they might find this an attractive alternative. Also, it is said to have a yoga function, so it include flexibility excercises which are also very important in any routine. The Wii also has a very wide demographic--many senior citizens play the Wii, and I think they could get a lot of use out of Wii fit as well.

In a society where fitness is being harped on more and more and gaming is reaching wider and wider audiences, I think a "game" like Wii Fit can do very well. I don't think, however, that the game is meant to be "fun" in the traditional sense--it does offer you the ability to track your progress, but other than that, there aren't any achievable goals in-game from what I've read.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just had my dad try it out, its really very plain when it comes to being fun. The mini games are neat but are even simpler than those in wii sports, and are not even close to being considered a workout, while the workout programs are about as boring as it gets. The balance games are more fun than the workouts and more of an exercise than the games, but simulate hula hoop or step programs is kind of lame after a few tries when you might as well be doing the actual thing.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i tried this out, along with the rest of my family. While it's not as entertaining as most other video games, let along the Wii games, i did enjoy this, actually. Granted, the games given there are very basic, I found it quite interesting to find out about my BMI, centre of gravity and fitness age and stuff like that. I don't know if i'll tire of it soon. And i do try to do some exercises in real life, mind you, i go for a little walk, try some weights, but i love my video games, and i don't mind having one dictate to you what you should do to be fit. :P

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wii fit called a 12 yr old girl fat.
it is a mean game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good idea but after days of sore muscles, the heat (+ my dad's refusal to turn on the air conditioning), and my noticing my BMI/weight dropping or rising whether I do it or not....I kind of...gave up on the thing.........

No self motivation is me....ahahaha

Maybe I'll try it again when it's not so damn humid =\

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: