Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The traitorous Wilhelm? *SPOILERS*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: The traitorous Wilhelm? *SPOILERS* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing a rushed file of Suikoden V lately with minimal recruitment, and a discovered a little surprise today. I've done one other minimal recruitment run where I did end up recruiting Wilhelm and Mueller because I wanted their unit for the wars. On this file, however, I decided I would see how I did without them. And to my astonishment, when I went up to defend Lelcar from Childerich's forces, Wilhelm and Mueller had been hired by Godwin and were fighting against me! They even spoke before and after the battle!

Now, I'm curious as to whether I'll still be able to recruit them somehow. I had the Prince's unit face them (hoping it would be similar to Gilbert's recruitment), but nothing happened. I tried to defeat his unit and see if his defeat would persuade him to join us, but the battle ended too early (I'll see if I have a different save before it and try again). He hasn't shown up in any of the battles since, and I haven't gone to look for him in any inns or anything yet, so we'll see if he's still recruitable or what.

Anyways, I was really surprised and excited to see they would throw this in. Has anyone else encountered this before? I'll post if anything new develops (or if he shows up in battle again). I'm also curious as to whether he shows up in the Lordlake battle instead if you don't choose Lelcar?

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm interesting, I know that Wilhelm and Mueller only join you if you win a strategy battle with very few casualties - perhaps since they know some people will have a harder time of this they worked those two into more of the battles in the game on the opposition's side to add some interest and variety to the large scale battles.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can only recruit them up until the umm.. I want to say after HQ battle but I can't remember. It might be the Queen's Campaign battle as that's another big one. Anyways. They move from Raftfleet to Leclar once it's liberated and finally to Doraat. After that though, they can't be recruited.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I unfortunately don't have a save before the battle, so I can't try different things and see if they'll join me during the battle somehow (nor if they'll show up in the Lordlake battle if you do that one instead). Still, I think it's really cool Konami threw this in!

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They won't join during the battles.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So there is absolutely no way to recruit them after the Queen's Campaign, huh?

You wouldn't happen to know if they show up in any other battles after that (or at least the Lordlake one if you choose that over Lelcar), would you?

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally never had a clue as to how to recruit Wilhelm and Mueller. I found them hanging around in bar but they would never join me. I even tried bringing all kinds of different girls with me in the hope this would persuade Wilhelm to join but no. Like you I later encountered them on the battlefield as enemies. Oh well, they're mercs, after all, so who can blame them? :P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To recruit them, you can't lose a certain amount of soldiers during war battles. Anyways I went back and looked and it's when you regain your castle from Childrecht and it goes to level 4.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought i was certain that you cannot recruit them unless you meet them in one of the bars they appear in. I had no idea you could recruit them in battles, I figured that once you saw them in battle, they were unrecruitable.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The same thing happend to me when i forgot about them in doraat, i was suprised too, and it made me hate them more when i saw them on godwins side(my original reason for hating them was that i did the best to save as many soldiers as possible but it was never good enough for them to join.)
SilverMaiden

4518 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, there are 2 ways to recruit Wilhelm and Mueller.

1) Win war battles with minimal casualties.
2) Put as many beautiful women in your active party(Viki, Lorelai, Lyon, Sialeeds, etc) and go talk to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: