Suikoden United and Infamous Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been almost 20 years since we've last seen the fedora and whip, but finally Lucas, Spielberg and Ford have found the time to do another Indiana Jones film. This one will come out on May 22nd and gone are the Nazis that's pretty much been the bane of Jones' existence. Set in the early beginnings of the Cold War this time Indy looks to be re-visiting that old warehouse where the Ark was put into storage with hot Soviets like Cate Blanchett after him.

Here's the newly released trailer in all its Quicktime glory.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull trailer

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regardless of what anyone says, I'm excited about this movie. I'll be seeing it on opening night. And I'm dragging Boogeyman with me.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You gonna get yourself a fedora just like his to wear for the premiere?

For some reason when I saw the natives in one of the trailer's sequences my mind flashbacked to the original Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's a shame Beloc lost his head in that movie or he'd be perfect in this one.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to ABC, John Rhys-Davies will be reprising his role as Sallah. I was very disappointed when Rhys-Davies said that no one had ever contacted him about a role in Indy 4, but this little snippet gives me great hope.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'll see it, and we'll all make old man jokes during it, it should enhance the experience.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too much CG. I'll still see it, but eh.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This should be awesome, I am very glad that they got Ford back again, it would be wrong if anyone else played Indy. It is a shame Sir Sean is not going to come out of retirement to play Henry Jones Snr.

Should be a great film, it looks very cool from the trailer.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just happened to see this about the movie, found it amusing: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/film_nm/russia_indianajones_dc

I guess this is the era of being thin skinned. Just this week we have Muslims demanding an anime be banned because it showed some villain reading from the Qur'an, and now the Communists whining about this. Silly people seem to have trouble with works of fiction. Boo-hoo.

~Uguu!~
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite enjoyed it. It was a fun movie. Not as good as Raiders, but hell, did anybody expect it to be? It's just as ridiculous as Temple of Doom, but I found it to be equally enjoyable to Last Crusade. It's fun, I recommend it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
Just happened to see this about the movie, found it amusing: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/film_nm/russia_indianajones_dc

I guess this is the era of being thin skinned. Just this week we have Muslims demanding an anime be banned because it showed some villain reading from the Qur'an, and now the Communists whining about this. Silly people seem to have trouble with works of fiction. Boo-hoo.

Not meaning to divert from the main thread, but i did hear about the other matter. I read that there was a complaint that Muslims were being depicted as terrorists in the manga/anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. More explicitly, The main villain Dio was seem to be reading what is supposedly the Qur'an, so i guess this was implying that Islam is affiliated with evil vampires :roll: . Now, i am a moderately religous Muslim, and Jojo's bizarre adventure is one of my favorite anime/mangas of all time. But this complaint to me seems pretty bogus. I read the chapter and the OVA episode in question. While it was a book with Arabic writing, there isn't any evidence or indication that i have seen that showed that he was reading the Qur'an. He was just reading an Arabic book, that's all. I don't know who made that complaint, but i sure would like to give him/her a piece of my mind.

As for the complaint about Indiana Jones villifying the Soviets, to the Russian Communist Party i say "Join the club". Actually, they are already part of the club, if you remember the movie "Thank you for smoking" (i.e. RAVs - Russians, Arabs and Villains). I would say that it is pretty much Hollywood for you, where their favorite villains are the Russian Communists, German Nazis and Arab terrorists. The complaint made is nothing new at all, as a matter of fact they are about 20 years too late, since the Soviets were the villains a la mode in the 80's (i.e. the Reagan years).

Back to the movie, i do want to see it, but i'm not so enthusiastic as some of you guys are. I have seen all of the Indiana Jones movies, and i admit that they are all enjoyable, the Raiders of the Lost Ark being my favorite out of all the IJ movies. But will i spend money to watch it at the cinemas? Maybe, let's see.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deviating even farther from the topic-- you mention Thank You For smoking-- but honestly I don't think that's a good movie to make as an example of Hollywood stereotyping. It's not really a Hollywood movie, although the whole point of the movie is to satire the American world view, so it still fits, in a sense.

As for Russians taking offense over this movie, Russians being portrayed as the evil guys in Western movies is no new thing. Take a look at James Bond, for example. Then you have even more ridiculous movies like Dr. Strangelove. I mean seriously, if you don't make a fuss over a movie like Dr. Strangelove, and you do over popcorn fare like Indiana Jones, there's something wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: