Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Earthbound coming to the Virtual Console?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Earthbound coming to the Virtual Console? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From rpgamer:
Quote:
While Nintendo has made no official announcement that Earthbound would be coming to the Wii's Virtual Console, the ESRB has let the cat out of the bag by stamping the game with an 'E for Everyone' rating and listing it as a Wii title. Earthbound, which is known as Mother 2 in Japan, was originally released in North America for the SNES in 1995 and was soon revered for its original setting, interesting plotline, and charming characters.

The Wii's Virtual Console feature allows players to download classic games from older systems including the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and others. As Nintendo has yet to officially announce Earthbound for the download service, there is currently no word on when the game will be released.

So it's not official, but the ESRB might have had a slip-up and accidentally rated it before Nintendo made the big announcement. Considering that they added another character from the game in the new Smash Bros. Brawl, it kinda makes sense they would release it on the Virtual Console.

I've never played this game, nor do I own a Wii, but after hearing so many good things about it, I would like to play it eventually.

Thoughts on this?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucas is not from Earthbound. He's from its sequel Mother 3. So, really the appearance of Lucas in Brawl means as much to this story as Pit and the Ice Climbers appearance meaning they have a future.

However, if Earthbound does show up on the VC, it will be a great pick-up for all those who missed it the first time around. I really do wish they'd translate some of the more hidden gems that never left Japan like Mother 1 and Seiken Dentetsu 3, although both have fan translations.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthbound is pretty much a requirement for all RPG gamers, and for good reason. I'd pick it up on the virtual console, even though I've already got it on my PC-- it's worth it, that's for sure. Now they just need to release the old Fire Emblem games on the US Virtual Console. They release Fire Emblem 4 and 5 on the Japanese Virtual Console, but have not gone through the translation process with them. It would be so fantastic to have them out over here, especially with the game getting more exposure than ever in this country.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They need to get every Nintendo game ever on that system.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
They need to get every Nintendo game ever on that system.

With some exceptions. I mean who really wants Sunday Funday or Custer's Revenge.... Oh god. Talk about two extremes there, lol.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Earthbound is one of my treasured memories of past games. I find the difficulty to be a bit unbalanced. Multi-bottle rockets can pretty much kill any boss in one hit until the very end of the game. One hit kills from enemies are very often too (although they do that that rolling health bar that helps with that a bit). Plus, the making weak enemies run away from you never actually happens except for the characters in the first level or any monsters in a dungeon after you defeat the boss. That and the randomness of Poo's weapon. Other than that it's absolutely brilliant, best tounge in cheek humour I'd ever seen in a video game to that point and very little has topped it since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: