Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Greatest or Strongest Villain in Suikoden Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aleolus

The Steel Bulwark

7746 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most definitively Luca Blight. For me, though, it's not 'cause of how much it takes to take him down. It's cause we encounter him slaughtering a village, singlehandedly, and he tells one person he'll let them live if they act like a pig. They agree, do so, and he kills them. Right afterwards, he says "Their acting was just so good, I thought they were a pig. And there's nothing wrong with killing a pig, is there?"
Horcrux

516 Potch
12 Soldiers
16992 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gameplay wise, the incarnation of the Wind Rune (which is sort of Luc, I guess) at the end of SIII was bloody MURDER for me. Maybe it was because I tried to fill the remainder of my character slots with balanced fighter/mage characters (like Percival) so that I could have as many Flowing Runes as possible but still dish out damage. Anyway, it took me about twenty tries and a dozen times backtracking to level up more before I finally won.

The Beast Rune and Sun Rune incarnations were no cakewalk, either. Nothing worse than getting your ass kicked by a moth. :oops: Oh, yes, and I was also thoroughly pummelled by a tree.

But I agree that Luca was a monster (in every sense of the word), but moreso in the story than in actual battles. The problem I had on my first playthrough was that I had levelled the snot out of a few characters (Flik, Viktor, Miklotov, Clive, etc.) but had to fill the remaining slots with Meg and other characters I had never used before.
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Horcrux wrote:
But I agree that Luca was a monster (in every sense of the word), but moreso in the story than in actual battles. The problem I had on my first playthrough was that I had levelled the snot out of a few characters (Flik, Viktor, Miklotov, Clive, etc.) but had to fill the remaining slots with Meg and other characters I had never used before.

That's true. The first time around Luca kicked my ass because I was forced to use so many underdeveloped characters. Now I properly equip and level the people I'll be using beforehand and the fights with Luca really aren't all that hard anymore.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Many of the villians in the Suikoden series are very well engineered. Luca Blight is arguable one of the best created villian in all RPG history in my opinion. The tale behind his utter lunacy and resolve to destroy the City states makes you wanna respect him. He's a villian you can't hate but may in fact respect. The most important thing is that he is a human with no special powers, relying on sheer skill, effort and resolve to attain the inhuman strength that he possesses.

Since we're talking about villians here and not enemies, Luca Blight definitely owns all as a versatile and highly challenging as well as awe inspiring villian. Not only was the process to kill him so damn absorbingly exciting, his presence, his charisma and everytime he appears in the game always brings about a different tension. He may not be the strongest enemy in the game series, considering the fact that the various rune incarnations and other final bosses or Neclord are powerful because they're supposed to be powerful.

However for Luca Blight, his strength stemmed from his own hardwork, determination and of course talent with the blade. He does not possess any super powerful rune, nor does he possess mystical powers as most enemies do. He began as a regular human being. Unlike most enemies that RPGs create, who are usually powerful because they possess an inhuman trait. Even the highly popular Sephiroth is not a normal person. For Luca, his madness and agony of his experiences were powerful enough to drive him into gaining the inhuman strength that no one in history would be able to match. In my opinion, no human would be able to top Luca Blight in a one on one duel. The legendary swordsman Georg Prime might be a match, but Luca's madness would push him to trounce Georg in terms of endurance.

Yet on top of all these madness that our dear Prince Luca is well famed for, he is not without intellect, nor is he just some mad prince that he is known to be. In fact, he is also a highly charismatic leader who is able to inspire others into willingly obeying him. While some may insist that people follow him through fear of his power and temperament, we can see from Jowy's case where his strength gained the respect of even his foes.

The white wolf guard, his personal unit under his capable leadership and tuteledge has became arguably the strongest unit of soldiers the Suikoden world has ever seen. If there is a battle i'd like to witness, it'd be Teo Mcdohl's armoured cavalry against the White wolf guard. Apart from their strength, their loyalty is also demonstrated in the battle to slay Luca. Despite being rained by so many arrows, his guards were willing to die for their master. This is something that will not occur had he controlled his men solely via fear.

All these qualities he possess, along with the emotional package that comes behind his insanity makes Luca Blight not only a brilliant villian, but also a very amazing person. Kudos to Murayama for designing such a wonderful character.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has to be Luca Blight, Kobold hits the nail on the head with reasons similar to my own.

He was a bad guy that you sort of felt sorry for as well as being shocked by his actions since his past shaped the way that he turned out ultimately.

Smart, incredibly strong, ruthless, great leader of his personal unit. He has to win it in my book.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Throughout the series he is probably the most crazed/evil villan, but do remember Wendy too, not saying she is any more of a villan than Luca but just to keep her in mind while thinking about this...but I can't really decide for me, and in the game Luca didn't really take any strategy at all to beat....well the second and third times round, the first I may have had to think a little because I was like 10 but other than that it was basically common sense.

"Careful how you talk to me!!"
-Riou
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah..without doubt YUBER AND LUCA!!!
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LUCA BLIGHT

He is one bad ass mother **** and he doesnt care thats what makes him the best. he doesnt care who or what he kills he just finds pleasure in killing
i mean dang he is the most evil person of any game i have ever played. konomi hit a home rune with this guy he is evil incarnated.

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Greatest or Strongest Villain in Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

greateast villain of all time is

LUCA BLIGHT

Last edited by Evil luca blight on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Greatest or Strongest Villain in Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1 Spoilers abound:

I see an overwhelming number of Luca fans, and I can dig that but I gotta say the best Villain in the series is Barbarrosa. He's just so likable but he does so many awful things out of love. I really like that he wasn't controlled by a rune and that he wasn't mystified because Windy looked like his wife, that he just loved Windy and out of that love he did terrible things to his people and his empire. At the end of the game as we see him give his life for his empire it really drives the point home. He loved his country enough to fight and die for it, but he loved Windy enough to lose it.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luc for me. ok so he was more anti-hero than villain but still. he was willing to sacrifice a million lives, the entire grasslands and zexen with a possible backlash reaching all the way to Dunan to destroy god. of all the villains in Suikoden he was the only one who wanted to destroy one of the 27 True Runes which would have thrown the entire world upside down and sideways had he succeeded
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Greatest or Strongest Villain in Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in 2nd is BlackKnightYuber
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Greatest or Strongest Villain in Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to jump on the Luca Blight bandwagon. He is the gr8ist! As the great one said himself, he was the true face of evil. Well I think he said that? :S

The Ryube scene, the massive genocide of muse etc. SHEER EVIL. Plus, the scenario were he eventually meets his maker sums up his strength. I was sweating after fighting him! :roll:
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Greatest or Strongest Villain in Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

welcome to luca blight sid
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: