Suikoden United and Inspirational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Discussion & Rumours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that part of the policy is there in the case of the offender being involved in a storyline or, in Hardy's case, a champion so they can write them out or drop the belt. I seriously doubt they would have used that provision to allow Hardy to participate at WrestleMania, particularly now.

Quote:
And by that time, we're on a Triple H title run with Jeff back on dark matches and possible mid-card status.

A Triple H title run is far more preferable than a John Cena title run and, from what I've read, Hardy's drug issues are the reason WWE had him leaving Royal Rumble without the WWE championship.

In the end, Hardy has beaten Triple H cleanly but what are the odds that anybody is going to defeat John Cena cleanly and come out looking strong? Judging by how they have to have Cena losing by disqualification and other otherwise "unclean" finishes (how much do you want to be that it will be Orton who Triple H defeats at WrestleMania?), it's not bloody likely that Hardy would be successful with Cena as champ.

Hardy will definitely have to start over, just like Mr. Kennedy lost out on the biggest push of his WWE career when he was suspended last year.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

A Triple H title run is far more preferable than a John Cena title run

Well, you got me there. I'd rather have burials than seeing dead charisma (Orton) and/or limited movesets (Cena). Damn, and I was expecting so much talent to be in the main event but Jericho's return came with less quality than expected. JBL's Smackdown! charisma had gone to Jeff Hardy. Now who do we have left to be the next WWE champ after Triple H's? Damn, I miss Kurt Angle and Kennedy's 2006 self... :(

But right now, I have a feeling right beneath my gut that Hardy will quit the WWE again sometime in the future, but that's just me though.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any kind of title run on any one besides cena is better than a title run on cena. but seriously it's triple h's time for a good run especially all the main eventing jobbing he has done.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Triple H did main event jobbing? When did that happen? The only match where I saw Triple H lose is at Wrestlemania 22 where Triple H carried Cena through a credible match.

But isn't Triple H an 11-time World Champ already? Let's give someone else a turn on the belt. Jeff Hardy would have been a great champ when he was on his momentum as a main eventer. :cry:

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Triple H actually hasn't won a match at WrestleMania since WrestleMania XIX. At WrestleMania XX, he dropped the World Heavyweight championship in a triple threat match, at WrestleMania 21 he dropped the World Heavyweight championship to Batista and there's the aforementioned match from WrestleMania 22 where he lost to an undeserving Cena. Of course, we all know he was forced to miss WrestleMania 23 because of his quad injury.

Triple H lost cleanly to Jeff Hardy in a main event quality match at Armageddon and also lost cleanly to Randy Orton at No Mercy where Orton won the WWE championship. (then again, how can you not lose cleanly in a Last Man Standing Match?)

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Orton can come back on top, Hardy can too, although the drug thing is far less easier to get over than shitting on gym bags. =\

I certainly would be like a Triple H title run than one with John Cena. I admit Cena's gotten better in the ring, but what else can he do as champ besides yell "THE CHAMP IS HERE!!!"? I would just ignore that shit altogether. Triple H carrying the title as a face (or a tweener) would be interesting.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just gotta say it was sweet seeing Randy Orton making the cover on John Cena to retain the WWE championship at WrestleMania. Hopefully this also means we won't have Cena whining about how he never lost the championship as he just had his shoulders counted for the 1-2-3 in a championship match. In my book, that legitimizes Orton's title run.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

at least triple h didn't once again have to job to some one at wm.

Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though his title run's legitimate, Orton is just lacking the charisma he had in his 2005 Face run. I think Orton retaining his title would eventually lead to an Orton-Triple H rivalry up until Backlash.

I just wish to see what would've happened if Kennedy became a McMahon (and saved us from this Hornswaggle-Finlay abortion of a storyline) and had a main event push plus title run.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gotta love that raw ending with ric flair and the whole wwe roster paying their respect and the original 4 horsemen. very emotional to watch it as flair is just a freaking icon.

Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it's about time Ric Flair ended his career. It's been a great career for him.

It's good he's retiring because WWE Creative might have put a red mark on Flair's career like a crappy storyline or carrying someone who can't get over or worse: ECW.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's true. While wrestling fans will love Ric Flair no matter what, his remaining an active wrestler among the rest of the roster wouldn't be the most believable to people who don't follow it. My dad has gone with me to a few house shows, and one featured Triple H and Ric Flair vs. Batista in a handicap match and my dad thought it was funny watching "the old guy" in there with the big guys.

Whereas Ric Flair's most famous catchphrase (other than "Wooooo!") is "To be the man, you've got to beat the man." I would say that, after WrestleMania and how Ric Flair went out, he will always be "The Man."

I don't even see a point for WWECW other than to keep the "ECW" name active. I rarely get to see ECW as it is on at a horrid time in Canada (Fridays at midnight, yes... after SmackDown!) and since I get up fairly early to go to work, I've usually crashed by the time it comes on.

Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dukat wrote:
I don't even see a point for WWECW other than to keep the "ECW" name active. I rarely get to see ECW as it is on at a horrid time in Canada (Fridays at midnight, yes... after SmackDown!) and since I get up fairly early to go to work, I've usually crashed by the time it comes on.

In my view, I have two reasons:

1. WWECW is a televised OVW or a dumping ground for black guys (i.e. Monty Brown, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston) and guys who have no chance of getting over in both RAW or Smackdown (i.e. The Miz, Mike Knox, Kevin Thorne, and Tommy Dreamer [unless given an ECW title push or at least a victory]).

2. WWE likes to rape the history of rival companies in order for Vince McMahon to say "We're the better company. Paul Heyman's ECW sucked and will continue to suck as long as I'm in charge!". In a matter of time, WWE will probably revive WCW, with Shane McMahon running it, and have only one wrestler who wrestled in the original WCW like Hulk Hogan or David Arquette while dumping Big Titty V and The Miz there in a few weeks.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Samoa Joe's sense of humour. This is an excerpt from a report of a conference call Samoa Joe he had this morning:

Quote:
If Joe does lose on Sunday he is looking into possibly working at Starbucks.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Night of Champions has come and gone and, against all odds, it was actually a pretty sweet show. Three new champions were crowned: the ECW championship went home to the Land of the Extreme, Ted DiBiase bought Cody Rhodes and secured the World Tag Team championship and Kofi Kingston won Intercontinental gold with a slight assist from Shawn Michaels.

SmackDown came out of Night of Champions looking like the dominant brand of WWE (which, considering their impending move to MyNetworkTV, isn't much of a shocker), retaining both the World Heavyweight championship and the WWE championship. Finally... my patience has paid off and I was privileged to witness John Cena go (cleanly) down in defeat in a failed bid to take the WWE championship back to RAW. Lawler expressed concern that Cena may have torn his pectoral muscle by the way he was holding his arm after the match. As much as I dislike Cena, let's hope that isn't the case.

You've gotta wonder what's going to happen with RAW now that they are without a World champion of their own. On the flip side, you've gotta wonder what's going to go down on SmackDown with two recognized world championships residing on that brand. Will the World Heavyweight and WWE championships be unified, leaving RAW to introduce a new championship, or will the saga continue into the Great American Bash with CM Punk challenging for one of the titles. That's the only logical conclusion as CM Punk is the only RAW brand competitor who can lay claim to a title shot while he carries the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Vince McMahon had said he was going to shake things up, and shake things up he has. Business (and barbeque sauce) is about to pick up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: