Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: Don't worry about Suikoden VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Basel wrote:
Here is a scan of the front cover found on AP: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans/Gensou-Suikoden/item141013/

Veeeery nice artwork there. Lazlo looks positively expressive.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How are the contents compared to the first Encyclopaedia? Any new information?

Official plus-Falena-and-neighbours world map, perhaps?
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They need to release that in English! I am feeling so left out, right now! :cry:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got the book, finally.

Definitely not what you would expect from an updated encyclopaedia, though it feels good to finally have a book that brings all 5 main titles and the 4 spin-off together in a single publication. Especially since S6 may never come and all that.

No updated world map either, save for one very roughly sketched map detailing the main game settings alongside Gaien and Kooluk.
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any artworks?
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok so i still see some people saying, "if SVI comes out"... I'm going to have to say just be patient it WILL come out. You have to remember in Japan we're still seeing new suikoden products being released, such as the encyclopedia or the rerelease of S1 and S2 for PSP. Its common for companies to use these items to buy themselves more time to work on the big title, in this case SVI.

Personally i don't mind them taking their time to release the game if they make sure it's good. I don't want "ok" games like Suikoden 3 and 4. and if it's better then S5 then it was worth the wait. Just remember, generally, the more time they work on a game the better it is. (but not all the time, I'm looking at you Fable)

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
bl_78@hotmail.com

25796 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Don't Worry About Suikoden VI for sure, there are too many d Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Don't Worry About Suikoden VI
After more than a year has passed since the release of Suikoden V, we still haven't heard of any news concerning a sequel-- not even a gaiden! Has Konami scrapped the series? Indeed, that's what many fans have been worrying about, and the strange silence of Konami seems to confirm our worst fears.

However, here I am to dispel these fears and tell you why I think Konami still thinks Suikoden is a "living" franchise. Let's analyze the evidence:

To the author of this article,
Very well done, but there was something I felt you missed to discuss,

Since the next-gen generation more and more entertainment companies such as Sony and Square Enix and other's have begun developing projects in secret like SONY'S HOME Project and Square Enix in promising new titles to all next gen consoles carefully not revealing what some of those games might be in essence keeping them a secret, knowing this is a gift and a curse because I for one like the fact that i wont know the release date till the day it is completed, I being an Final Fantasy fan also still bears the burns of How many times they promised to release FF12 but kept pushing it back for up to three years. Honestly I ask all gamers, How many times have you been let down by a company promising an unfulfilled release date? We get all worked up for the month it is supposed to come out and when it doesn't, we the public complain and we get the usual response we will finish it as soon as they can.

I really believe gaming companies such as Konami, Square Enix, THQ are trying to break away from what as been traditional in the past and have begun to give games upon their actual completion date so that they don't have to deal with the general public and also protecting their software from corporate espionage because lets face it; the gaming industry in the fastest growing entertainment business making it an easy billion dollar business all in the short life span of like 30 years, and when something in anything expands that fast it creates a power vacuum in which all try to fill by any method.

So I will not be expecting Suikoden 6 for at least a year to two, and if they have any problems well they will push it back and we will never know. Konami if anything will keep it secret till they are in the stages of polishing which in my opinion is a 2 - 5, and or a 7- 10 month process depending on what team and company is working; or they will keep it secret till they decide they have enough time to properly advertise the game before they sell it because if they were to sell it without any advertisment makes it a very risky call for Konami especially with all this false doubt created by rumors of their being no Suikoden 6 at all.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just reread the article and it's still very relevant, especially the part about traditional Suikoden staff being very quiet, obviously working on something. I just hope there will be an announcement this spring with a Japanese release hopefully in the summer or fall, and an English version soon after.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone else notice that the 2nd anniversary of the release of Suikoden V just passed? It's truly amazing how time flies. I've been only been active in the community for roughly four years, but, apparently, looking at the data, there have been longer gaps between Suikodens, but I seriously wonder at times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: