Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What're Suikoden V's biggest issues to you? (minor spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

freyjadour wrote:
OK maybe im just really not looking into the game enough, but i loved every aspect of this game.

Camera angels: honestly i had no problem with it, some people are acting as if you couldnt see anything. (alryt ill give you the zoom was a waste of time, but hey dont use it)

World map: No idea whats wrong with that, i just completed the game for the second time and i know well enough where stuff is.

Characters: YES YES recruiting characters is hard, in my opinion only slightly harder than Suiko 1 and 2 (iv never played 3 as we dont get it in england), the less said about 4 the better. But if it werent hard it wouldnt be suikoden, people say Estrise was never visited in the game and so recruiting character was impossible. All i can say is play the game properly. In my second go i managed to get all 108 stars, yh it werent easy....you know how i did it???

EFFORT, it took me about 90 hours (compared to 50 hours the first time), and it was rewarding, im mean some of them were so hard to get but when you spend 7 hours looking for a character and finally get them.....best, biggest hard on ever.

OK the load screens bad, not as bad as some people make out but yh ok worst factor of the game.

CANT TEST THE MUSIC IT WAS FANTASTIC< GOOD AS SUIKO 1 and 2
YOU MEDIOCRITY. Cornelio let's you listen to the music if you've recruited all the DoReMi elves or if you're on your second playthrough and have aquired the castle. In my opinion, recruiting was a bit too tough especially since Oboro's clues were of no use. But I'll write more on that subject if I'll ever be able to choose wich issues were the worst for me.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The biggest problem for me in Suikoden 5 is the simple fact that the game was just way to easy, I believe it was the easiest Suikoden to date (maybe besides the first Suikoden)
I still liked it though it had a colorful and diverse cast of characters.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far this goes in my mind:

Marina-Belcoot-Hazuki

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Animka

2019 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty much all have been said already... but there is one minor part wich disturbed me very much from the very first time i saw it - cheering crowd on the backgrounds of some cutscens. Their movements... they are just horrible :| :|
Bad baaad...
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having replayed this game recently I would have to say one of the biggest issues for me was the fact that it felt so distant at times. I think the camera angle being so far away from your character and subsequently other characters you talk to really failed to take advantage of an otherwise decent graphics engine. Very few if any characters had any facial expressions. A lot of them also lacked different portraits or used a portrait that didn't fit what was being said. Lun had two portraits, her yelling portrait was used at the oddest times.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
tojaro

4332 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the game so much, i played it 3 times in a row. The load times were the worst part, but i suffered through them. What a great game.
Crimson_Angel

13285 Potch
60 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate how long it takes to load, and the camera angles. Most of the time you can't even see the characters faces when they're talking. Other than that, I liked it alot. They improved alot of things they did wrong in Suikoden IV. Like the serious lack of personality all of the characters had. It could still be better, but at least it is greatly improved.

- Auron, Final Fantasy X

"I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower!"

- Vegeta, Dragonball Z
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: