Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Speed Racer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Speed Racer Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As some of you may already know, the Wachowski Brothers (sister?) have been hard at work on their next movie: Speed Racer. That's right, the same Speed Racer we all know and love from Saturday morning cartoons. That same show we the lame dubbing, and horrible animation, and terrible story? Yeah, that one. But hey, that's why we love it? So I thought that the movie was going to be sort of a comedic parody of a movie-- however, this is not the case! The Wachowski... siblings are going all out on making this quite a serious movie.

The first theatrical trailer has been released if you would like to check it out.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/07/must-watch-the-wachowskis-speed- racer-trailer/

I'm excited in an odd way for this movie.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the trailer looks pretty bad. The CG is... not impressive.

But if they speed up all the dialogue, then I will go see this film, and I will be first in line. Until then it's working its a pass.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let us hope it kills the careers of all parties involved in the movie.

Unless they do what Shrew says, It would have my manly seal of approval if they did that.
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

easily one of the most visually abraisive things i've seen since i got hunan pepper in my eye.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. Shitty CG animation isn't quite as nostalgic as shitty cartoon animation.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. That looks horrible.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, I think if someone was under the influence of psychotropic substances then this movie will totally trip them out. My question is whether the monkey will have a scene where it throughs it feces at the bad guys.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When did Speed Racer become an underground rave? Yet another thing destroyed by Vick's Vapo Rub. They need to add some of that tart dialogue seen throughout the series. "Ah hah! I have found you, Speed! Ah, hah, hah, hah! It is I, Racer X! I am your brother, Carl! A, hah, hah, hah!" That would be awesome...

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know there's going to be people who will say this thing looks too cartoony and too much CGI, but I think that may be the point and the style the Wachowski Brothers are going for. I'm still not fully sold on the film as something for me to see on its very first day but I am sold on watching it this summer.

Speed Racer International Trailer #1

Speed Racer International Trailer #2

Gotta hand it to the Brothers they sure picked an interesting visual pallette to use for this film.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: