Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Anime : What are you watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished Baccano, and I'm looking for something else to watch now with interesting villains.

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Just started watching Last Exile, I love the steampunk style and setting of it, only at episode 6 so not much to say about the story so far.

That's easily one of my favorites, though I thought the ending was a little wonky. Not the worst, by far, but I didn't think it ended as strong as it could have. Not sure what exactly I'd change, mind you, but...yeah.

Anyway, I just finished my third or fourth viewing of Vandread...I just find that show highly entertaining and I didn't really feel like thinking too hard. I think it's all the stress at work. I have a bunch of stuff I bought recently to check out, so I'm not sure what I'll hit next. If I get Texhnolyze back from my friend, I might watch that again...mostly to get in mood for a Warhammer 40k RPG that I'm slated to run soon. Or I might finally get around to watching the Eureka 7 DVD's I've had from Net Flix for the past year and a half or something. >.<
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last Exile is a wonderful anime. One of Bones' best. (Bones made Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Eureka 7, Darker than Black, etc.) I do agree with Equus, though. Bones has a tendency of building up wonderful and interesting original ideas, but never quite wrapping them up successfully. The only anime they've made which I feel ended really successfully was Cowboy Bebop, and that was before they were an independent studio.

I'm watching many anime at the moment. Most namely Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (finally), Minami-ke, ef - a tale of memories, and I also have a few others to start watching-- including Kino's Journey, and Nadesico. I went on an acquisition spree. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently watching :

Rosario + Vampire - A new and interesting harem type anime. Aono Tsukune enrolls in Youkai Academy after failing to get into other high schools. It turns out that this academy is special because all the students are mythical creatures (ghosts, vampires, monsters, etc). There Aono meats a girl named Moka who can turn into the fabled Vampire..

Minami-ke - I'm not sure how to describe this anime. It's pretty random and none of the episodes have nothing to do with each other. I guess it's one of the comedy animes. It's about the three Minami sisters ; Haruka, Kana, and Chikai.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - This anime is getting slightly better. With the introduction of the other Gundam Meisters and Trinity Gundams, this can only get better.

Gintama - This anime is slowly beginning to become more known. The manga has been licensed and translated into English by Viz. The anime and manga are random episodes about random things. But, each chapter/episode has numerous parodies and references to many things.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To Gil Galad, hope you enjoy Gurren Lagann. I love it, it's definitely my favorite mecha anime. And i love the opening song, hee hee ^_^

to Demon Eyes Kyo, I like Gintama, but i'm wondering how it can be translated into the English version. Like you said, it parodies alot of things, but it's pretty much all Japanese, and mainly from Shonen jump manga. I know that there are some that peopel will get, like the line "I wish i had a Bankai...". But there is still a lot of them which only those familiar with Japanese television will understand. Thankfully, the place where i get the anime have subbers that explain the jokes. Still, i really like the anime/manga Gintama. Even though it's a lot like Rurouni Kenshin as a plot.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finnished watching Elfen Lied. Anyone who has heard of the anime probably knows how it goes, graphic violence and gore, nudity, and some really horrible events. I loved this anime though. The graphicness did not bug me, the nudity did not seem too fanservice-y, the horrible things...well they were horrible, but they did not make the anime horrible. I could go on and on, but beautiful anime in my book. I think beautiful would be the best word.

I'm also starting to rewatch Serial Experiments LAIN. I liked this anime a whole lot when I first saw it, and now that I'm older I think I can appreceate, and understand, it more. I am almost done with Utewarerumono. I like it and am interested to see how it wraps up. Its not my favorite anime ever, but I do like the characters a lot.

Finally I am watching Spice and Wolf I have only seen up to episode 4 *I think ep 5 aired yesterday* and I really like it so far. The series was nice the first 3 episodes, then the 4th was way exciting, I can not wait to watch the 5th episode when I get a chance =)

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Last Exile is a wonderful anime. One of Bones' best. (Bones made Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Eureka 7, Darker than Black, etc.)

I believe that Last Exile is Gonzo's.

This season I end up not liking Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi. However, I do get hooked up in a wonderful new series by the name of Shigofumi. Its main character is basically a mailman who deliver letters from the afterlife to people still living. At first glimpse, one might be reminded of Jigoku Shoujo or Shinigami no Ballad. However, it is not as dragged out as the former and has a more suspenseful than the latter.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some series I've slowly been watching as they're subbed are: True Tears, They Are My Noble Masters, H2O ~footsteps in the sand~, Shigofumi, Spice and Wolf, Da Capo II, Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei Zoku, Ghost Hound, CLANNAD and Prism Ark.

I would be watching Persona -trinity soul- but I want to finish the game first.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gundam 00 is taking quite the interesting turn. I wonder how they'll continue to approach this type of story. As for myself, I am still watching the same old crap I've listed before.

Rosario + Vampire
Kidou Senshi Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Hokuto no Ken (Original 1980's version)
Hayate no Gotoku

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have recently started watching

Mushi-shi - I've looked at I a lot but never watched it. I like it a lot though, I'm glad I finally did =)

Mai-Hime: Only on episode 4 but it seems pretty fun.

Welcome to the NHK: This one is pretty fun too, I've been waiting forever for the 3rd volume to come in stock somewhere though =(

Gunslinger Girl: I like it so far, I'm just afraid it is going to get sad! =( I do not like sad.

And Finally new series wise Genshiken, and Genshiken 2. I really like this series. It shows me how un-otaku I am even with how much anime I watch =P

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started and completed Elfen Lied this weekend. Quite the drama, and some intense scenes. I really liked this anime. Haha, thanks Failure_Urn, the reason I started watching this is because you posted that you liked it.

I also started Rosario+Vampire but stopped after episode 4 it seemed kind of disappointing compared to the manga.

I also watched 4 episodes of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Pretty funny but I have to get use the the nonchronology.

Of course I'm still keeping up with Bleach and Naruto Shippuden. At the moment, I'm considering what I should watch next.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
I started and completed Elfen Lied this weekend. Quite the drama, and some intense scenes. I really liked this anime. Haha, thanks Failure_Urn, the reason I started watching this is because you posted that you liked it.

I also started Rosario+Vampire but stopped after episode 4 it seemed kind of disappointing compared to the manga.

I also watched 4 episodes of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Pretty funny but I have to get use the the nonchronology.

Of course I'm still keeping up with Bleach and Naruto Shippuden. At the moment, I'm considering what I should watch next.

Yeah I did not like it at first but I kept going and I really think it was worth it. Also I just went ahead and watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in cronological order (it came that way on the DVDs), and now I plan on watching it in the order it aired.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides Naruto and Bleach, i am trying to finish up on Saint Seiya, now that the quota on my download meter is over 100 MB, and i'm watching Katekyo Hitman reborn. I just started last week, and i'm beggining to be more interested in it. I am watching the anime and reading the manga side by side. WHile it's not one of the best animes around, it's decent enough, so far.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im currently watching one piece. Would someone tell why one piece is not as famous as naruto and bleach i have read that one piece is more famous in japan. but is not that famous outside.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because One Piece began before fansubs really started to take off. So, the fansub community, which is pretty much all outside Japan, hasn't been as accepting of it because they weren't there from the beginning. Naruto and Bleach both came to being at the height of fansub popularity, so they're a more well known franchise, even though One Piece demolishes them both in the ratings in Japan.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 31 of 38

Jump to: