Suikoden Urgent and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cloverfield (Spoilers must be colored black!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the film was fantastic. I followed the viral marketing a long while and had some really high hopes. And they were surpassed.

It was such a different movie from what everyone has come to expect from a monster movie. Rather than some guy in a white lab coat babbling on, you're left to assume. And I like that. It made it a much different experience from most anything else.

It also felt real. No absurd stuff like loading a truck full of Tuna to attract the monster. No stupid explanations. You're given one pissed monster that can level a city overnight and people doing what a real person would do; running. No heroics where they find a way to stop it. They're much more interested in Survival. It also has a very human element to it when Rob's mother calls. I almost cried myself at that scene. Them going back for Beth, despite how STUPID a move it is, shows just how human the characters were.

Marlena is probably my favorite character. She felt real. She had flaws, was uninterested in some horndog (as she seemed to brush him off as) and was willing to fight a bunch of giant spiders. I know survival instincts are bound to kick in, but DAMN. She was hard core.

We didn't get some mutated dinosaur that somehow survived. We got...Clover. It's hard to even describe him really. He's a monster. Plain and simple. He didn't hide inside buildings, he fought BACK. Clover's design is just very interesting and different from most everything else we've ever gotten from a giant monster flick.

I assume the viral marketing is not over. I would not be at all surprised to see it continue until the day of the monster attack; and possibly even after. I'm sure that we'll have more reveled either through the Viral stuff or we'll get some answers of the DVD.

I DID get sick. I ended up having to go to the bathroom. It wasn't throwing up so I don't know if it was the films fault. Is the runs (how very classy of me) a symptom of motion sickness? I missed pretty much the whole scene at Beth's. I left when Hud suggested finding a way over from the other building and got back right as they boarded their helicopter.

As for the thing that landed in the ocean...the splash was much too small to have been the monster. A 25-40 Story tall monster would have caused a HUGE eruption of water. I say it's a satellite mention in the Viral Marketing. Tagruato (a company that seems highly involved with the monster judging by the Manga tie in and the incident at the Chuai drilling station) had recently launched a satellite according to the website. Slusho (a fake Japanese Soda) company is involved in some way as well. People who registered to their website received satellite radar images of something headed towards New York. Maybe that's why the Satellite was brought down.

Anyway. Monster Origins. Everyone and their mother has been quoting some interview with Abrahms were he says it's been in the water for thousands of years as is nothing more than a baby, terrified of all the small creatures shooting it.

I WILL be seeing this again. And I'm gonna love it. :D

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay movie, the ending was again like No Country For Old Men's dissapointingly closure free.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The movie was terrible, and I am disgusted that the new Star Trek movie is being done by JJ Abrams. Someone owes me my $7.50 back. Thank god there was Rambo out so I could wash the bad taste out of my mouth with something that was actually fun to watch.

~Uguu!~
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just saw it yesterday, and although it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, it was, at the very least interesting.

One thing, I wouldn't count it as a real movie yet, as it doesn't really feel like one. I felt it was more of a Intro for an unfinished story that's just starting. In some words it kind of felt like a trailer for me, so I'm hoping the sequel would be more conclusive with stuff. Now, about the monster. I'm guessing there were more than one monster(s), since the thing that destroyed the bridge didn't look like Clover, since it was a huge tentacle. For Clover itself, I'm thinking it did came from the sea, but didn't originated from it, since it's shape and construction didn't look like anything that was made to live in the sea, except for a few elements. It didn't seem to have flippers or webbed feet, seems to go okay out the water (And being able to support it's own body with it's seemingly unable hands/feet), so to me it doesn't look like a creature that's been living underwater for a really long time, it actually looks like something that's just been born, like a confused infant or something. Awesome design though, since it was really scary and unique compared to other monsters. It also seems that the history of Slusho is probably related to the Cloverfield prequel manga, methinks. Overall, it was a good movie, for all it's worth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: