Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Vesperia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I've heard, the official Tales of Vesperia site (which went up on Xmas day) originally had "Xbox 360" in its meta-tags, but this was later removed. Judging by this, the fact its 720p and that Namco-Bandai have been growing in support for the 360 (and rather critical of the PS3), I'd say chances are it will be an Xbox 360 exclusive (which is bad for me since I don't have one :| ).

Looks pretty interesting anyway, the Tales of series can be a bit of a mixed bag at times, often the games ending up very similar to one another (and the characters too). I still enjoy them anyway though, so I'd probably buy a 360 for it (assuming thats what it will be on).
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, there are so many Tales of games for Sony platforms that it simply can't be a 360 only. Either PS3 only or most likey both.
Darkbeat

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
No, there are so many Tales of games for Sony platforms that it simply can't be a 360 only. Either PS3 only or most likey both.

That counts for absolutely nothing. Reminds me of way back before Final Fantasy VII was about, the people saying it couldn't possibly not be on a Nintendo format due to Final Fantasy's previous Nintendo dominated history. It doesn't work like that.

Also don't forget, it wouldn't be the first Tales of game not released on a Sony format.

Face it, its a competition of Next Gen consoles not companies and Namco-Bandai have been very blatantly stearing clear of the PS3 to begin with.

(Not saying it couldn't be PS3, but the evidence really stacks against it. The "Xbox 360" in the meta-tags of the official site is pretty damning.)
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Overdose wrote:
About time an rpg is out on both 360 and PS3.

Enchanted Arms? Eternal Sonata? Oblivion?

I remember that FFVII was supposed to be a Nintendo title until Square said "you suck" and went to Sony. And sure, it wouldn't be the first time a Tales game is not released outside Sony, but it would be the first time a Tales game gets a Microsoft release, right?

Hum, defending the 360 and I'm hoping for a PS3 release.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Darkbeat

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:

I remember that FFVII was supposed to be a Nintendo title until Square said "you suck" and went to Sony. And sure, it wouldn't be the first time a Tales game is not released outside Sony, but it would be the first time a Tales game gets a Microsoft release, right?

Hum, defending the 360 and I'm hoping for a PS3 release.

FFVII was just an example really, but yeah you backed up my point, its not about the company or loyalty to it, its about the system and which they ultimately think will make them the most money etc.

Honestly I don't want it to be 360, but there's more than enough proof to make it a more realistic possibility than the PS3. From Namco-Bandai's point of view it makes sense, the PS3 is the hardest of the three to develop games for (by some considerable measure), has the smallest amount of players and (for Tales of fans) has the least amount of the RPG audience, ie, potential buyers.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkbeat wrote:
Sialeeds wrote:

That counts for absolutely nothing. Reminds me of way back before Final Fantasy VII was about, the people saying it couldn't possibly not be on a Nintendo format due to Final Fantasy's previous Nintendo dominated history. It doesn't work like that.

Well but back then the differences between Sony Playstation and Nintendo 64 were big. You can't compare that to now. Back then they choose the better platform with the bigger potential of developing games and convincing a bigger fanbase. The only problem today is that the PS3 is gaining popularity very slow. Just now that there is a cheaper price and cheaper developementkits for the developers. PS3 is growing and growing and slowly but convincing the PS3 is winning back the second and third party support, which spread to the 360 platform. I'm no 360 opponent, but I'm convinced that the PS3 will stay even in the future the platform with the most and the best rpg games and franchises.

Angelus wrote:
Enchanted Arms? Eternal Sonata? Oblivion?

Eternal Sonata is a good game but not out yet for PS3(worldwide). Oblivion is no JRPG and Enchanted Arms is really really poor.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Angelus has pointed out rpgs which have come out for the 360 has been ported over to the PS3 after some time. Will it be the same way this time around for Tales of Vesperia? It is a big possibility that the PS3 may get it later than the 360 and if one just read up about the industry enough then they'd know that just like the PS2 developers are having a much harder time developing on the PS3 than they are for the 360.

I do think that developers shuld have gotten a full year or more of experience on the PS3 dev kits and shouldn't have as much of a problem developing a game for it than they are for the 360. There's also the possibility that Tales of Vesperia may end up being an exclusive title for either the PS3 or the 360. It will all depend on whether Square-Enix has an agreement with either company to keep it exclusive.

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
Well but back then the differences between Sony Playstation and Nintendo 64 were big. You can't compare that to now. Back then they choose the better platform with the bigger potential of developing games and convincing a bigger fanbase.

What's different now? According to sales figures, there are at least 2.5 times as many Xbox 360s in people's homes than PS3s. This figure only dipped down for a few months in the pre-christmas lull only to continue to rise to the present.

The Xbox 360 has an undeniably larger playerbase and for that matter, it has an undeniably larger RPG audience too. From Namco-Bandai's position (remember, they have been avoiding the PS3 for other games also) it would make sense to go for the more popular option.

Sialeeds wrote:
The only problem today is that the PS3 is gaining popularity very slow. Just now that there is a cheaper price and cheaper developementkits for the developers. PS3 is growing and growing and slowly but convincing the PS3 is winning back the second and third party support, which spread to the 360 platform. I'm no 360 opponent, but I'm convinced that the PS3 will stay even in the future the platform with the most and the best rpg games and franchises.

That may be so, it remains to be seen.

As for Tales of Vesperia, the Meta-Tags gave the secret away (hence their speedy removal) that it would be Xbox 360. That doesn't mean some time in the future it can't be ported to the PS3 however.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkbeat wrote:

What's different now? According to sales figures, there are at least 2.5 times as many Xbox 360s in people's homes than PS3s. This figure only dipped down for a few months in the pre-christmas lull only to continue to rise to the present.

The difference is, that back then no ass would have bought FF7 for N64 because it looked crappy enough on the PSone. Now you have two equal platforms and back then the hardware was more of an factor than sales figures. Of course the 360 has a bigger playerbase, but that doesn't mean that BIG franchises will release RPG's only on the 360. As I said the PS3 was just not too attractive due too costs etc right now. It may be different in the USA and Europe but developers know if the release big rpg's for PS3(not exclusives for the most) Japanese will buy them no matter what. I think the PS3 and 360 will stay on the same level in the next 1 or 2 years when PS3 gets close to the 360 status, and as for that I think there won't be alot of HUGE HUGE titles only for 360 or PS3( with a few exceptions).
Darkbeat

102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
The difference is, that back then no ass would have bought FF7 for N64 because it looked crappy enough on the PSone. Now you have two equal platforms and back then the hardware was more of an factor than sales figures. Of course the 360 has a bigger playerbase, but that doesn't mean that BIG franchises will release RPG's only on the 360.

That hasn't stopped them doing it with other game formats, why should RPGs be different? Especially when, in contrast to most other formats, it has a very select and (dare I say it) small audience.

Sialeeds wrote:
As I said the PS3 was just not too attractive due too costs etc right now. It may be different in the USA and Europe but developers know if the release big rpg's for PS3(not exclusives for the most) Japanese will buy them no matter what. I think the PS3 and 360 will stay on the same level in the next 1 or 2 years when PS3 gets close to the 360 status, and as for that I think there won't be alot of HUGE HUGE titles only for 360 or PS3( with a few exceptions).

That just seems like blind optimism based on how good PS1 and PS2 were to me.

This is all off-topic though, my point was and continues to be, the game will more than likely be for the Xbox 360 as there is more than enough proof to suggest this. All the will in the world won't make Namco-Bandai suddenly take an interest in the PS3.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://sakuraba.cocoebiz.com/discography/

It used to say XBox 360 but it was removed?

• Tales of Vesperia¹(XBox 360)?

Jorge Prima wrote:

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Namco-Bandai doesn't want to get into the "its not on the PS3, then it is, then it's not then back again" situation they ended up with on Eternal Sonata. If I have to guess it will be a timed exclusive for the 360 with the PS3 getting it a couple months later.

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And so, Play Magazine has confirmed from an interview with Yoshito Higuchi and Tsutomu Gouda that it is coming to XBOX360, and that is is going to North America.

The protagonist's name is Yuri, apparently.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just gonna post this. xD

They better not slander the Yuri name.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally!
A reason to buy PS3!
I hope it's good. But yeah, I'll wait for more games. :D

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: