Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Happening (latest M. Night Shymalan)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: The Happening (latest M. Night Shymalan) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Happening is the latest film from M. Night Shymalan. With his last couple big-budget thrillers having had mediocre box-office returns and even less critical-acclaim it look like M. Night's latest will be a medium-budgeted film. Despite the awkward sounding title this particular film looks to emulate the recent crop of mass hysteria and random violence films and books such as the indie horror-thriller The Signal and two recent horror novels, Cell (Stephen King) and Hater (David Moody).

The brief synopsis I've found on this particular film describes a story of the sudden murder and suicide-inducing neurotoxins released by all of Earth's plantlife. The premise sounds very interesting and plays on the global apocalypse such a sudden event may cause to people everywhere. I am always a sucker for apocalyptic films and this one even has a certain Day of the Triffids homage to the cause of the problem.

The Happening teaser trailer

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know what would be really surprising? If this movie had a big, dramatic twist at the end. Oh yeah, we'd never see it coming! That said, I tend to go watch M. Night Shamalama's movies anyways, so I'll likely go watch this, even though his movies wind up being pretty predictable.

~Uguu!~
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen a Shymalan movie since Signs and I intend to keep it that way.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say, I've been increasingly disappointed by M. Night Shyamalan's works. My favourite was probably Unbreakable, and that was...a long time ago. I disliked most of the rest! I don't know if I really want to go see this or not. The premise does sound interesting, and I like apocalyptic films... I guess I'll have to see who else around here is going and decide from there.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mmm, I'm not so much into the apocolyptic stuff myself, but as I've loved almost every other one of his movies, I'll probably be seeing this one too.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What sold me to giving this film a try is the scene where the construction workers are just chatting it up then start hearing booming and crashing sounds around them. Then the one worker looks up and sees people just walking off and jumping off of the roof above him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: