Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My selfish announcement that will disappoint many
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor, when it comes to matters such as your good health, you can never be too careful. I certainly understand why you've made the decision that you have. I'm saddened to read about your illness. I am very hopeful that you are able to live a good, long life regardless.
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was never a major member of this site. I won't lie...the nation war system was a huge reason I joined this site. It was an awsome appeal. But really man...never forfeit your health and well being for something online. It's not ever close to worth it....
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wanna say sorry for any problems I may have caused in the years I've been in here.

I wish the best for you. Thanks for everything Vex.

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, SARSAdmin, or whatever new fangled name you go by nowadays.

It's been a while, eh, but all good things must come to an end. I haven't been an active member of this site since 2005 and I haven't even visited this site in months, but I thought it apt to pay my respects.

As one of the people who built Harmonia into a great Empire (which was subsequently united against and eroded) I have to say that I can empathise with the commitment required to keep the nation system going and the fun and stress it caused.

While not the original High Priest, I think it is fairly obvious that I was one of the greatest leaders of Harmonia. So when I pay my respects to Vextor I think I do so on behalf of Harmonia.

You've been THE most important person in the English-speaking Suikoden community and you'll continue to be influential while a part of the community, but life outside of Suikoden is obviously the priority. Funny how things go in cycles- I remember when this site was your stress relief after the stress of Suikosource. It had its roots in the Suikoden RPG and the online battle system you devised and soon took flight as the only site that could claim to be CoK's successor. You never do anything half-arsed, do you, though?

Anyway, just thought I'd pay my respects and all that jazz. Take care and may the site live on as a vibrant, active and stress-free community.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I go on vacation for a week and pray that Weyoun didn't break down our nation and then i come back to this. It could have been worse, i guess. Like Weyoun actually breaking down our nation.

Well, being as late as possible i guess there isn't much new for me to say. Thank you for providing an enjoyable game and the community that spawned around it. I enjoyed the nation system a lot, strategizing with my fellow Vaguelanders, finding a bride for Ackbar, making fun of Pinkeldork... Too bad it has ended, but hopefully it will continue/reset one way or another.

I've met many interesting people here and even met up with a bunch of them in the summer of last year. I never thought i would meet up with "strangers" i knew from the net. It was an awesome event i could experience thanks to this site. Hopefully we can linger on for a bit here.

Thanks and take care!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I can't possibly answer them individually, but I did look over all of them (a few times in fact). I'm glad nobody has sworn revenge or anything for all the loose ends that may never be explained.

However, as everybody knows the situation has become better since I made my announcement a week ago. We have iscalio at the helm of a new nation system which is being developed from ground up with the masterful scripter's hands of the almighty fuji. I have no idea when this will get done, but whatever that gets finished will probably make a lot more sense than I what I created. Many mistakes were made in the past iteration of the system, so my hunch is that the new iteration will be vastly better and fun.

Personally, I look forward to having more time for myself to do whatever I want with the site. The nation system has made it nearly impossible for me to think about Suikoden. Maybe I will have that time now.

Again, thanks for your support. The site will live on with the help of others.

And with that said...

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: