Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My selfish announcement that will disappoint many
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this certainly sucks much, but I'm glad that there was even a nation system in the first place all these years. Thanks much and take care, Vex.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for everything Vextor. Seriously, you have selflessly provided a community and a game for hundreds of folks for years and no-one has the right to complain. Health is always priority and I'm glad, for your sake, that you've decided to end this when it has became detrimental to your health.

Hell, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have done something I thought i would never had done - meet up with people in real life from the INTERNETZ!!!11 Seriously though, I had the wonderful opportunity to adventure around Europe with Agahnim, Dew Dust and iscalio - whom I am glad to have had the pleasure to meet - and none of this would have happened if Suikox never existed.

Thanks again, and I hope that you get the better of your disease for many decades to come.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
For the record, nobody "won" the war game. Leave it like that or I'm leaving. I could make arguments for each naiton as the "winners".

You know full well Testland could have crushed the lot of us in an instant.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not back for more than this post but as Phil texted me to let me know the news I couldn't stay away without saying goodbye.

I feel sad about the end of the nation system, but I feel happy to have been a part of such an impressive and intricate community. I know that I wasn't here for the past few months, and I am sorry if that compounded Vextor's problems which led to this announcement.

All that I know is Vextor has my support and I'll stand by his choices.

If anyone comes to the Isle of Man, give me a shout.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good to see you around for the one post all the same.

I had a lot of fun here and at the end of this system, that's all I can say I ever really hoped to achieve from playing this. I enjoyed being around some of you weird and crazy folks and even some of the people I didn't like very much provided me with entertaining memories.

I'm glad I was a part.

Much thanks Vex.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's sad to see the nation system go, it was something I really enjoyed, but I thought this would occur sometime soon. When I heard that Axiose was leaving, I thought "Man, how is Vextor going to handle all of this with everything else going on in his life? I sure as hell couldn't." Echoing Calvin's thoughts, if there were to be 'President" of the Suikoden community, I think of you as it as you have done more for the Suikoden community than anyone I can think of and you are known and respected in any Suikoden forum.

I don't think there is anything you could do to take that away in my eyes.
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Vex...this is the first time I actually called you Vex (besides your real name)

I support your decision if you have to cut something to make way for your recovery and rest.

Just take good care of yourself is what counts more than anything.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Vextor, it's me. I'm sure you know we have had interactions in the past. Several ones, actually. All of them were hilarious. XD

We had a good run. Four years... I was not around when it started, but I did experience about fourteen phases, and looking back, so much has changed. Things had gotten more and more complicated, and I could understand how this has stressed you so much.

It's quite sad that the nation system is ending. Well, not really. I knew it was going to end at some point or another. I just did not know it was going to be sooner. Back then, I had felt that I would be sorely disappointed if it ever happened, but it turns out I am not. Especially with the reason laid out, I actually support ending it, if it means less stress on part of Vextor.

Don't feel bad or guilty about being selfish, Vextor. It's your health, and that is your utmost priority. I fully support your decision.

You have given so much to the Suikoden fan community. There was a lot I learned because of your websites, and I admire your dedication to spread knowledge about the details of the Suikoden games. I also would not have met my Grassland family if it was not for this site, and this site would not have been what it was if it was not for you, so it can be said that if it were not for you, I would not have been part of such an awesome company of the grassies.

With all these said, thank you, Vextor. I shall continually pray for your health. It would be the least I could do, after all that you have done for us.

So... can I join the group hug, or have we stopped doing that? :P

(P.S. lol @ fuji and that battle simulation between blueflame and John Layfield)
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm very sad. I understand completely and think that this is your call and you're making the best decision ultimately. I wish I could advise you to just pass the reigns on to someone else but I know that's not possible. The game was every bit a creative outlet for you as it was a thing for us to participate in and I'm glad we've reciprocated successfully.

I'm going to smoke a cigarette in light of this news. I never thought I'd see the day come... before phase 20 anyways. Haha, well hopefully the community will survive. Maybe some of those former nation leaders want to restart Tabula Rasa?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this is sad. But it was fun while it lasted. But this does not mean the site will no longer be fun. To me the nation system ment my character's name might pop up in a battle for me to read and my nation could "do good" perhaps. But the other 99% of the time I just enjoyed being here. =)

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey it was a good half a century or so to me. Though I am sad to it go I've not stuck around for the game, but for the people. I think that what you need to do now Vex is to sit on you collective brilliant mind and let us try to figure stuff out while you live your life. Trust me, if we've stuck around this long, we don't have anything better to do now. Except maybe for getting ready for college or looking after one's family *nod to Ax*

Maybe sometime somehow we'll be able to resurrect it to it's former glory.

All the sentimental bunk out of the way, I propose that everyone, NL, Mod, and member alike work on ideas about how the nations should be handled.

Thank you Vextor.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I decided to smoke a cigarette for the death of the war game. I ended up smoking 3.

At once.

Maybe this'll make some of ya'll laugh because I got a picture.

Thanks for running the War Game for as long as you did. It's been really great. Will this phase end now or slowly wrap up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:
Will this phase end now or slowly wrap up?

It's just over. Nothing more will happen.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's for the best. Health should always come first, no ifs ands or buts about it. Maybe now we can all relax and get back to the recreational side of things for a while, yes?

Besides, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who never really got the hang of things. Hell, I could barely figure out Nation States. :?

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the non-Gaienites of the board, too.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a blast here, and I am grateful for everything Blue Moon and the others did for the forums. I completely agree with the decision. Health is much more important then maintaining a website. I'm pretty sure everyone else would have done the same if they were in your shoes Vextor.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: