Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikox Memories Pre-2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess one thing I could mention was when I first joined suikox back in 2004 I got competitive with Daniel in post/soldier count. Even though he joined the site before me it seemed he started being really active on the site after I joined and started posting. Haha...And I recall becoming quite friendly with all the original Falenans...But I gave up after a certain point...
...This was before my 6 month disappearance. Quite sad and nostalgic at the same time...
It felt like it all went poof afterwards though =x

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two that spring to mind for me are:

Killing Viewtiful Mukumuku, that was fantastic.

The burly man avatar theme week I picked for Tinto. So much testosterone and manliness in Tinto made me happy.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no bad memories of Suikox.

Looking back, it is hard to pick any over others, but here's a quick list of my favourites.

1 - Being the King of Highland before Sage kicked me out.

2 - Vextor asking me to be an admin

3 - Fighting Bugg, over and over and over again

4 - Creating a battle between Iorek and Meghan.

5 - Yuber 7 being used against Bugg (you have no idea how nervous we were about that!!)

6 - Evolution of NPCs from an admin point of view. It was great to create random NPCs for no particular use, and then, they just found a natural home. Nazca for example was someone I created when bored and then just got carried away with.

7 - Watching many people become steady members of the community. As a senior community member (and an admin) it was great to see new members grow into solid contributors.

There are many, many more, but I don't have the time to write more yet. I'll write more later. Maybe. If I have time. ^_^

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FLUFFY!!!!

I never thought I'd get to say that.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dukat wrote:
Sage wrote:
First of all, you guys know Fluffy was an awesome admin, but he was an equally awesome nation leader. It really sucked when we lost him to pantsless godhood.

Yes, sorry about that. Had I not quit being an admin, they might not have taken Fluffy from you or, at least, not at that time.

My best memories would have to be the one year stretch I had in Falena, right at the very beginning. At a time when there was Sophita, Alseid, Diaz and Lord Dredd, Anais and cutie_bunnie and a few others who I've probably forgotten. (Liam hadn't yet joined us, so he missed out) Those were the best days of my (Suikox) life.

Anais joined like 6 or 7 months after me. xD

I'd write stuff, but I don't have time. I'm actually half-doing my chemistry review for my exam tomorrow... but here I am. >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
I have no bad memories of Suikox.

Looking back, it is hard to pick any over others, but here's a quick list of my favourites.

1 - Being the King of Highland before Sage kicked me out.

2 - Vextor asking me to be an admin

3 - Fighting Bugg, over and over and over again

4 - Creating a battle between Iorek and Meghan.

5 - Yuber 7 being used against Bugg (you have no idea how nervous we were about that!!)

6 - Evolution of NPCs from an admin point of view. It was great to create random NPCs for no particular use, and then, they just found a natural home. Nazca for example was someone I created when bored and then just got carried away with.

7 - Watching many people become steady members of the community. As a senior community member (and an admin) it was great to see new members grow into solid contributors.

There are many, many more, but I don't have the time to write more yet. I'll write more later. Maybe. If I have time. ^_^

You made life as a Mercenary fun as well Axiose,the Guild activity was great while you were around,revamping the Mercenary post ranking system was a real treat,then we had to restore them after the big crash in 2006.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beating Falena at Budehuc back in Phase 3. Even with the Northelands and taking Crystal Valley twice, nothing has made me so excited as winning that battle. It just felt so good. And then we had to defend it against Zexen about 5 times.

Losing Crystal Valley in an insane battle. Two double KOs with one ending in a duel between Nation Leaders? I think this battle was responsible for the strengthening of the defense stat shortly thereafter.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember a few months back when there was a glitch or something and no one got logged off. I think that was the time the current record for most people logged on at once was set.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember fondly the duel between Black Pesmerga and Yuber7. Settled the arguments of all the fanboys right there in one fell swoop :P

I also remember my proof that Valeria is the strongest unit in Suikoden 2, and the ensuing arguments comparing my broken damage limit to KFC's Killey build. Perhaps I should go back to that and see if I can get Bob to go even further, since the multipliers suggest he should go beyond the others (and also over the damage limit).

All my time in Highland, finally beating Sigurdr in our last fight with the pirates after having my signature for months as my challenge to him and showing the path of corpses I left in my quest for his head.

Also beating Manfred in what ended up being the last battle I will ever see. Take that you rebel scum! :P

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My top three favorite memories all happened somewhat recently.

1.) Beating Vextor in a fight. Only two people have done this, myself and Iscalio, and Iscalio is in the top three strongest units in the game, so I took a bunch of pride in that.

2.) Becoming a Nation Leader. Armes is small, but I like it. I am happy to be able to lead it.

3.) This battle. Although Armes lost, I had discussed with Iscalio for Tinto to use their blinking mirror and warp his unit to Sable. To win, we'd would have had to have Maha Sparna and Iscalio avoid Daniel Blackhand and Maha Sparna avoid Skald Egan. It was deemed to risky by both parties so we didn't do it. Although, I had an order in my head for what Falena's positions would be and where Armes' troops would need to be to counter it and win. Falena ended up doing that exact line up I thought they would have, and my line up would have countered it perfectly and given us the win.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
Beating Falena at Budehuc back in Phase 3. Even with the Northelands and taking Crystal Valley twice, nothing has made me so excited as winning that battle. It just felt so good. And then we had to defend it against Zexen about 5 times.

Losing Crystal Valley in an insane battle. Two double KOs with one ending in a duel between Nation Leaders? I think this battle was responsible for the strengthening of the defense stat shortly thereafter.

yeah struggle for CV was really epic and as Darko mentioned in other thread Harmonians always had dream about regaining it somehow. Not bad for a couple of pixels and 13 letters. :)

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of my favourite memories actually happened on the #suikox IRC channel. I was on the channel when Tonakin logged on looking for Sage. When Sage logged on, I told Tonakin that it wasn't sage, and pointed out that the ID didn't match. Sage, of course, played along and Tonakin eventually agreed that it couldn't have possibly been the real Sage.

Quote:

I remember that well. Much like Timbo and the battle at Sable, I had suggested courses of action which would have ultimately resulted in the capture of Budehuc, but our strategist at the time opted to ignore all input because he felt Shrew was the only real threat and, with him having been defeated, victory was assured. As such, TNL definitely deserved to win that contest.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the battle at Blight's Bay was the most epic battle in the history of the war game. There's no competition. It was one of my favorite times with the game, because everything was riding on the outcome. It's unfortunate that Zexen lost, but it was still epic, nonetheless.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, sorry for winning the last battle there. I hated sinking Zexen but I was just doing my job. ^^;
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My fondest memory of Suikox was actually on IRC. Red had just started his SRPG minigame and was gloating about it left and right. When we first started playing, it was really fun. Hawk started staying up every night just so we could all be on IRC while we were playing. Unfortunately, that didn't last long, as we all had school starting back up again in a week or so. Too bad.

I also enjoyed when I accidentally said that my "Firefly dicks are screwy" and not my "Firefly discs are screwy." That was quite the interesting discussion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: