Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My selfish announcement that will disappoint many
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Omg Sophita, you were Mererid? xD But... Mererid was such a bitch.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is also my deep regret that the Giant Nuns have broken out of the maximum security convent and are currently rampaging through Falena, hurling succulent pineapples at any hapless citizen they come across. Approach with extreme caution.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't.

Although thanks for the un-bitchness, I suppose. :P

Ack,

Not the nuns! You were supposed to be watching them!!!

ANYTHING BUT THE NUNS!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And now for a complete change of pace. :P

I completely agree with your decision. I hope that with the advancements that they are making in medicine everyday, a cure will be found for your disease. Thank you for having this site. I would not have met any of these wonderful people otherwise, especially Fly. So, thank you again Vextor. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about we just pretend every nation signed a peace agreement and just do region improvements and the occasional exploration. Scrapping the thing isn't needed, Shrink it into a role playing or something, I'd do it and it's be a community effort.

I knew this would bound to happen ^^ If you do decide to just wipe everything I'll still come here everyday becasue this is the only forum not full of idiots.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
In other news, Gaien regrets to inform that our super tested research subjects, t-rexes with gigantic butterfly wings and sparkles, seem to have escaped the compound.

Suspects are armed with sharp teeth and presumed fabulous.

This had me laughing, out loud no less :)
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be honest. I'm extremely disappointed. Here I was working on fixing the "people getting too emotional" thing in my own way, and you shut it down before I get the chance. I'm glad you did it before the whole site turned into a hellhole, as my former comrades and enemies from Cybernations can attest to, but this really just came totally out of nowhere. I guess I was just too late in locating the source of the problem, and now you've got me depressed too.

I by no means hate you though. I understand all too well what it's like with a terminal illness - something I guess I haven't mentioned before, ever - so I know where you're coming from.

I do like Tek's idea, though. It would be such a waste to throw the war system out entirely. I've played dozens of browser-based games, and this was by far the most complicated and enjoyable one.

Ugh, this thread would be such win if it weren't for the scathing depression at the beginning.

Well, what happens to the nations then? Will we just remove them, as well as the asphyxiatingly harsh public forum rules, or will we be able to visit other nations on a regular basis, like ambassadors?

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see...
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope we can at least keep the user groups and maybe even get to visit one another...

There's so many other nations I always wanted to see, but never got the chance. And so many people who I wanted to see Gaien, who never got the chance.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya, I want to know what candies are all about in Zexen and whifflebats of the grassies :p and so many more ;).

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Grassies updated their weapons system to incorporate tropical fruit. It is... terrifying.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And I bet everyone has always wanted to see how boring Jowston is!
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Elc/Greg/whatever the bugger his name is 'round the zone these days, came to me with the news of the Nation System being scrapped, my reaction, honest to God was, and I quote

FUCK YES YOU ARE THE BEST NEWS EVER

I don't know if anyone other than him remembers it, hell, I don't know if anyone other than him (and apparently Sophi) even remembers ME, but I was always (or at least from rather early on the board's history) opposed to the Nation System. I always found it a rather arse idea, dividing the community into rival factions, and acting out a game that, in the shortest possible outcome, would take seven whole years to complete, it all was, in my mind, counterproductive.

So, yes, I'm probably the one guy here who could be unrestrainedly HAPPY to see this thing go.

But then I found the reason.

Good God mate, I'm sorry. I know we were never close or anything, I mean, we barely exchanged a couple words in a few post some years back, but man, I really respect you and the work you've done with this community (whatever problems I may have had with it that drove me away, were in no way your fault).
I'm so sorry to hear about your health, and I wish you the best of luck, honestly.

Mate, just do whatever you have to do. There's nothing selfish about it. Like someone said upthread, you've given hundreds of people a lot of fun through several years; we're all grateful for it, and you've bloody well earned the right to do this.
And God help anyone who even looks at you the wrong way for it.

All the way to the edge of this world
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard rumours but always wanted to know if they were true....
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

Sophita wrote:
I hope we can at least keep the user groups and maybe even get to visit one another...

There's so many other nations I always wanted to see, but never got the chance. And so many people who I wanted to see Gaien, who never got the chance.

Yeah, I wanted to check out Gaien. Hell, I want to go on a Suikox whirlwind trip. Better hide the womenfolk!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: