Suikoden United and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI for Wii?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like I said, 2ch is out to get NeoGAF. They typically sprinkle these little "tidbits" in with the real news to fuck with people. Thanks for the insight, chief.

After this has blown over, we'll either reopen this thread for general discussion purposes or make a new one.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seriously doubt 2ch is "out to get NeoGAF," considering how 2ch isn't even a video game site-- it's a massive glob of anonymous postings which range anywhere from the latest news on local politics in Tashkent, Uzbekistan to heated discussions on the best way to prepare udon. Video game discussion is less than 0.001% of the entire bulk of 2ch.net.

A lot of fake info gets posted by pranksters, which you can easily predict from the fact that all postings are made anonymously. If someone ends up believing some unsubstantiated post at 2ch, then they've only got themselves to blame for being fooled.

When I see anything interesting in 2ch.net, I make sure to look for some alternate source to verify the rumor. However, 2ch is still a good source to get leads on new info.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Allow me to rephrase.

Several posters at 2ch that contribute to its gaming news and rumor discussion enjoy preying on the gullibility of their NeoGAF counterparts, and they've spread false information with the explicit purpose of tricking those guys. It's what caused a widely reported Star Ocean 4 hoax a while back that claimed the game would be multiplatform and split into multiple episodes.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In retrospect it was the perfect trick. The community as a whole is so starved for news, look how fast most people latched onto this. Even Suikosource quickly posted it (albeit with a disclaimer) without trying to check the source (har har) of these mutterings.

Well, I guess we just keep waiting for now, although it seems this tangent is all over bar the shouting.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: