Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Signal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: The Signal Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those who follow and read Stephen King's novels already have read or, at the very least, heard of his last novel titled Cell which brings a new take on the whole zombie apocalypse genre. In that novel, anyone who was on a cell phone suddenly gets zapped by some unknown signal coming through the cell network. This signal instantly turns the person hearing it into a homicidal maniac with only death and destruction of those around them pulse-infected and normal both.

It was a very interesting take on the whole end-of-the-world theme with some 28 Days Later vibe to give it that horror jolt. The novel was optioned to be turned into a movie with Eli Roth with a 2008-2009 tentative release. While that film project seems to be up in the air at the moment with Roth still busy working on other projects, there's a new film set for release which also has a similar theme.

The Signal looks to be quite similar to Cell in that a mysterious signal sent through the airwaves (cell, tv, radio, etc...) suddenly causes one out of two people to suddenly want to kill those not affected by the signal. While there seems to be some similarities in the two I think the film looks to be even more similar to the horror novel Hater by David Moody.

I have been getting some very good vibes and buzz about The Signal from those who have seen advance screening of the film. While it doesn't have zombies in it the film seem to go to great lenghts to portray violence as something inherent in everyone. I hope the film delivers on its gut-punch of a theme and doesn't pull its punch by making kids, old people and the like immune.

The Signal trailers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: