Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cars, trucks, etc. and the People who Drive Them
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced the Lad wrote:

Oob, I gotta ask how much you spent on your Mutang. Having it all tricked out must've cost a pretty penny.

Well, I do believe it's somewhere between forty and fifty thousand dollars US. The sticker price on the car when I bought it was mid twenties and the rest is an estimate on the additions. It's not over fifty thousand, I think it's right around forty four thousand. :mrgreen:

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You paid that much for a Stang, OOOB? The first re-issue of the Mustang (I think it was 1996, but I might be wrong) and all of the subsequent models until the GT this year (which is sick) were terrible. A couple people had to have them recalled, I forget which year, but something was wrong with the tire rods or something like that. And Ford = Found On Road Dead, but you already knew that.

Well, I'm stil a pretty young and poor student, but I have been driving for more than five years now and have driven quite a few cars in my day, such as.

2001 Pontiac Montana - This van was pmpin', and went really fast. I think I got it to 180 km/h on one of the 400 highways (Ontario) once, but had to slow down because it started shaking and slightly hovering. It had everything: 8 seats, remote activated doors and locks, automatic everything else and so much more. I crashed it in a really bad blizzard when I was 17, luckily no one was hurt, except the van...and oh yeah, my insurance.

2002 Acura EL - This is what I got to drive since, and I even had it this week when I was writing my exams, a beautiful car. I've done alot of 'bad' things in that car, few of them involving breaking the speed limit, most involving one or more friends of mine. It's a nice car, black, automatic everything and remote keyless, fully loaded. It's my mom's car, and it has about 145,000 KM on it, alot of which came from those 'bad things' I mentioned.

2003 GMC Silverado 1500 - My dad's truck and what I am driving now and probably most of th esummer. It's really weird to go from thw Acura, which is low to the ground and has alot of pickup, to this truck, which is elevated and powerful. It's top speed is higher than that of the Acura, believe it or not, and it's fun to drive. It's a weird forest-green that I've never seen on any other Silverado since I've seen it. Next fall I'm planning on taking it to a Bills game for a little bit of tailgaiting action, something I've never done before.

2000 BMW 323i - I only got to drive this for a few days last summer, as it belonged to my boss, but I was so close to taking it to a chop shop and making it mine (or making a tidy profit). Such a nice car. it's amazing really, the BMWs have gone down in price so that almost anyone can afford to get one, but they're still for $30,000 the nicest cars you can buy, alot nicer than similarily prices Lexus' and Mercedes'.

1991 Mercury Sable - HA! My first car! Even if it is a bucket, which most first cars are, you're always proud of them in some way. I got this car when I was 18 for $1500, and my insurance was $325/month, so I paid this car off within a few months. It was alright, got me to a few places that I thought I wouldnt get to in it, and even lasted me a few years. It's sitting in my driveway righ tnow, flat rear tire and rear shocks just about done. There's no way it can be driven, so I'm selling it for about $500. I could repair it for about $2000, but I think I'd rather wait until I can get another car and use the money for that.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Hot Ice wrote:

You paid that much for a Stang, OOOB? The first re-issue of the Mustang (I think it was 1996, but I might be wrong) and all of the subsequent models until the GT this year (which is sick) were terrible. A couple people had to have them recalled, I forget which year, but something was wrong with the tire rods or something like that.

Uhm... I'm sure you mean tie rods and no the tie rods are not recalled. The only major thing recalled on the car between the years of 2000 and 2002 are the parking brakes.

The re-issue of the mustang in 1996? I have no idea what you're talking about. If you mean the conversion of the foxbody mustang.... that happened in 1994. They went to a new style body with a 5.0L engine, however, that 5.0L engine was pushing about 215 horsepower out of the box a 15 horsepower decrease from the best of the fox body GT's. In 1996, they converted to the 4.8L engine. Not the same 289 that was in the old style V8 stangs from the great years of muscle cars, but a much more efficient 281 that pumped out 230 horsepower. In 1999, they changed the body style drastically again. This time they went with a more angular design. The engine had its problems as what was on the sticker and what you got were not identical. Ford actually had to issue performance parts out for the Mustang Cobra (horse snake..wtf?) that year for the 40hp the engine was simply missing. 2000 was the first year that I purchased. That year, the engine was rated at 265 horse out of the shop and performs like it too.

And for your information, Chevy (GM) has no edge on Ford. The same parts are used in making both companies' products. Every car has recalls, EVERY CAR... and to even state a particular one on a car is pointless, unless it is "Recall #2332: Car explodes when started with a key" then it really doesn't matter. I also heard from some Ford guys that the T-45 transmissions were crap and weren't able to produce like the T-5 was from back in the day.

I have to say I have had NO problems with my car, but then again I don't drive it like an idiot. My brakes finally just needed to be changed and I put 78k miles on the car before it needed it. Now, I drive up to 90MPH on the highway, which is overly fast, but I don't ride the guy's arse in front of me no matter what traffic looks like. People think they can get places faster by drafting or something, afraid people will cut in front of them, but let me tell you, hitting your brakes and driving like a fool puts unnecessary wear and tear on your car. And when it breaks down, don't necessarily blame it on the car before you take a look at the way you drive. I don't know anyone that doesn't drive like a fool, that hasn't gotten 200k miles out of their Mustang engine. That is a fact.

THI wrote:

2001 Pontiac Montana - This van was pmpin', and went really fast. I think I got it to 180 km/h

That's 114MPH. (I've had my Mustang up to 170 MPH (273km/h) racing with a Porche Carerra on I-94. Needless to say, that was fun.) For a van though, you are a little overkill crazy. You shouldn't even brag about how fast you were going, because you're talking about driving something with the aerodynamics of a barn.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dream car that I want to own one day is a 69' Hemi Cuda with a 4-speed. I want it to be painted plum crazt purble with black interior. I want to cherry it out so that when it goes down the street people will turn their heads and drool.

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dream cars... ahhh...

- How about a nice '69 Shelby GT 500? The price tags on those things are only about 20,000 if they don't have an engine and are just a frame and chassis on wheels. I've heard of restored versions going upwards of 85,000US. It's all because of that stupid movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" making one of the best mustangs a car that can fly, and every fan-boys dream car. I'd like to say "GT 350" just to be different, but that ain't working since that car doesn't do it for me. Cool looks, monster engine. Mustang. I love you Carol Shelby.

- How about a nice 1995 Dodge Viper? That would bring in the ladies. Those things, performance wise, aren't worth the cash, but they are the absolute smoothest looking cars ever.

- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS - This car would eat your family and you'd appreciate how violent it was. Best straight line race car ever.

- 2003 Saleen 351S - What's that? A supercharged 351? And it makes cookies too? Oh it doesn't? Still good anyways.

A couple old, a couple new. My dad had a '69 SS Camaro. He bought the darn thing for just over three thousand dollars. If you check the current prices on those bad boys, it can make you cry to know that he sold it for less than that

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to walk, cycle or use public transport to get around. But now i am learning to drive and myself and my girlfirend got a 2002 Opel Corsa, a nice little car to start off with.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want to talk spending money on an old car chasis than you want the first year the Daytona came out. A fully restored Daytona will run you half a million dollars. I prefer the older muscle cars of the late 60's to early 70's over the newer cars.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I'm more into luxury. While those classics are beautiful, I really don't see myself getting too upset if I never get one of them. Someday, I hope to get a car that's high in performance (not too high mind you) but based on luxury. I'm not that knowledgeable about cars, but really, the only one that fits that description and is at a decent price range, is the Acura TL. although I really dislike how it's Front-wheel drive and not rear. But Honda is known for not changing things like that.

MPG-wise it gets about 23 to 30 miles per gallon, so that's about fair as well. If I don't see anything better out there in 4 years or so, then that's what I'll be getting around that time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: