Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Mel with fire magic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Mel with fire magic Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed in Suikoden 3 that Mel has perfect fire magic skill, but she can't get it up to S. I don't understand why it's like that. Another odd thing: Thomas has horrible Wind skill, but I've gotten it to B and it still can go higher. My real question is: Does fire magic skill raise the power of Devil Doll since it's a fire attack?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S3 is all goofy magic-wise. Sgt. Joe has a pretty good chant skill, but the thing is, he doesn't have a Jonglear rune. Which stinks, cuz all my life, all I've ever wanted to hear was a duck sing. Konami is such a tease
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its not the same situation. Sergeant Joe's Jongleur situation is unfortunate, but what Darkmagus was referring to is odd skill progressions. Some people have a limit on a skill of B+, but with fast growth. Mel and the Fire Magic skill is apparently one of those, another one that comes to mind is Ace's swing skill.

The other end of the spectrum, like what happened to Thomas' Wind skill, is a skill that can reach all the way to A+, but it takes much more skill points, like the worst progression, to get there (by the time they get to A+ its 300 skill points or something). Another of those that comes to mind is Rhett's swing skill.

As for if Devil Doll's damage is affected by the Fire Magic skill, I do not know. That would be interesting to find out.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt it, since the Fire Magic skill specifically states that it "Increases the power and chant speed of FIRE RUNE spells". You never know, though...

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about the devil doll/fire skill correlation, but it seems unlikely.
Still, it's something that should be relatively easy to check. All you'd have to do learn the fire skill, and unlearn it, and see the results.

But as far as the skill progressions.. They were explained as "fast learner with lower potential" and "slow learner with lots of potential." Thomas was a slow learner, but great at lots of things. Once I figured out that he had some very high-leveled skills, I was thrilled, and used him constantly, so lots of skill points needed... well, it wasn't a problem. I maxed out quite a few of his skills at A+ (wind magic, Parry I think, and a couple of other things. He was GOOD.)
I liked slow learners. I felt really good when I maxed one of their skills. something like "See? You can do it!" *pat on back* I felt accomplished. Besides, you had to 'discover' what they were good at, which took loads of time, but was really fun too.
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But then again if you max out Emily's skills her attack goes on FOREVER -o-

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had the same thought ( Fire skill for Branky breath ) and did try it. From what I remember it DOES increase the power of the branky-breath, but the trade off is that she doesn't have that many free slots for skills, and she's god-awesome with lightning, so I discarded the fire-training for its shocking counterpart.

Plus the damage increase isn't that much.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Piccolo's lightning magic progresses in the same way as well. It consumes alot of skill points, but is able to reach A+. I suppose a logical explaination would be that these characters had potential in that skill, but is slow to learn...
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a list anywhere of characters who have slow progression, its really hard to find out because I don't bother raising stats which look like they arn't going to go far?

For example if no-one had have told me about Thomas' wind magic skill, I NEVER would have used it.
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikosource.com has a complete skills guide for Suikoden III.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
I had the same thought ( Fire skill for Branky breath ) and did try it. From what I remember it DOES increase the power of the branky-breath, but the trade off is that she doesn't have that many free slots for skills, and she's god-awesome with lightning, so I discarded the fire-training for its shocking counterpart.

Plus the damage increase isn't that much.

I never attempted to use Lightning for Mel. I noticed that she has 'Unbridled Potential' according to Ernie with it.

I have one more question that I just thought of today. Does Alanis get water magic above A? If she does she may become the healer. Also, is precision like a magic repel for all characters? I just noticed that today. This is actually the first time I've ever bothered to use Alanis.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mel can't get Lightning magic to S rank, but she does make either A or A+. She has a lot of power and is godly fast with it, but can fail the magic ( happened to me once against Rincar )...

Alanis > I have no idea on this one, I never used her unless I had to, and even then she was dead half the time...

Precision > this is sort of like repel for allies I guess... it prevents ally damage from your attacks, and i found even at rank C it stops the majority of friendly fire. The downside to this is that it only comes on pure mages, and I don't use them.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today using Alanis was actually the first time I've noticed the precision spell. I never noticed it using Picollo or Estella. While, I have Estella on my mind I should mention that she made the Water Dragon super easy. I would have a hard time without her. All thanks to her skill with the Pale Gate Rune. Okay, another question. If you have a character with a skill of S will it increase to lets say S+ (if there is such a thing) if I was to equip something that improves that skill. I was going to try it with Estella and Fire magic, but I kinda forgot.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

think that is funky? you should play magic-school with those dogs, Connie gets a high level of water magic, and one of the dogs can even equipt a blinking magic!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you I was also surprised when I maxed the dogs skills, they were more than powerful (except for Koroku he was the worst). Koroku has an (B+) in Fire Magic, Connie has an (A+) in both Pale Gate Magic and Water Magic, Koichi has an (A+) in Continual Attack and an (B) in Lightning Magic, Kogoro has an (A+) in Freeze and an (B) in Wind Magic, Kosanji has an (A+) in Adrenaline Power and an (A+) in Earth Magic.

To be honest I even took them at the final battle and even managed to win with all of my characters alive, so what do you think about this, unbelievable huh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: