Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sweeney Todd
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So has anyone seen this?? I saw it last night and I was very impressed!
I have to say that I felt Mrs. Lovett was actually the stronger character, in my opinon anyhow.
I will admit I haven't seen the original musical, but I did know of it. Was Toby a kid in the broadway too? I thought someone informed me he was a midget or something, but I can't recall exactly. Regardless, I did like the boy, I wonder if he'll be cast in anything else.
As per usual in Burton films, the art was just simplying amazing. The overall look of things, the set, the costumes, all so well done. Not to mention, I thought the singing was great!

While I liked Depp in pirates, I prefer this type of role for him, and I was excited to see him back into this art style. Maybe it's just my fascination with morbid things lately, who knows. I appreciated it a lot more, though.

For anyone else who's seen it, did you find that Depp played Sweeney well, was he believeable? My friend doesn't seem to think so. I think he did good, but I still liked Carter as Mrs. Lovett the best, so nice. Really though, the film had a wonderful cast.

-My DeviantArt-
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen it yet, o I can't answer your other questions, but Tobias was never played by a little kid because his part is traditionally a tenor role.

Of course, Sweeney is usually a baritone role, so it's sort of like they pushed everyone up one. ;)

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually went and saw this despite not knowing anything about the Sweeney Todd production. I thought I was going into your typical revenge movie, but I was very wrong. It certainly has a story centered on revenge, but it has elements of the black comedy and tragedy genres as well. It is also one of the bloodiest and macabre movies I have ever seen.

While I was surprised as to what the movie was actually like, I must say it was a pleasant surprise.

To Elzamine: I actually had a hard time understanding Mrs. Lovett at times, but but by and large I think that pretty much the whole cast did a fantastic job. I really loved Sacha Baren Cohen's character Pirelli though, as short lived as it was.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: