Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hunter x Hunter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wha...? The TV7 dub always refer them as "Genei Ryodan."
Of course, at that time I thought they were saying "Geng Eriodan"...

And the meaning of Genei Ryodan, believe it or not, is Phantom Brigade!

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, that's how I always learned it as. I definately hope that they don't translate it as "Spider Brigade" in the english dub. Of course... translating this show is a good part of the reason I am planning to study Japanese.

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At th early episode, i remember they're dubbing it as Geng Laba-Laba.

Does anybody know any Hunter Hunter fansite?
I wanna check out the manga episode guide. I forgot where's bomber first appereance

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beh, pretty much every fansite I see is either in japanese or infested with rabid fangirls.

BTW though...

http://quizilla.com/users/Yvl9921/quizzes/What%20Hunter%20x%20Hunter%20 Nen%20type%20are%20you%3F%20(Beta)/

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im very interested in the manga is it good?
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The artworks arent as good as the anime version. Some said it was because Togashi-sensei (the creator) was severely sick. I wonder why he didnt have any assistant at that time...

He's pretty popular with Yu Yu Hakusho and he didnt have any assistant?

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i really like some of the yu yu hakushu i read in shonen jump....
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The OVA Greed Island DVDs are not yet available here -_-
So annoying -_-

(seen them though)

But there seemed to be something strange in the Greed Island episodes mister Alucard saw, Gon seemed to be drawn...diffirently, less detailed or something.

Regards
Mister Alucard the vague forum junky

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its been awahile now, but nothing new
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started watching the anime and while its hardly ground-breaking its good fun to watch thus far (they just completed the third test escaping that tower). The only thing I will say and will not accept no for an answer is that Kurapica is totally a girl.

For a start she has a girl's voice (granted that's not uncommon in anime), second she looks totally androdgenous (again an anime staple), and granted if she is a girl she's totally flat (which in anime IS uncommon). But anyway, there are a lot of things that sway my opinion and she's definately got something going on with Leorio as well. Her backstory for one, she's the last living member of some tribe, if she was a boy why would they leave him alive? Leaving a young girl alive seems far more likely since they would assume either she didn't have the scarlet eye power or just didn't consider her a threat. The first time she took that outer robe off I almost took my assumption back, but then in the fighting ring in that tower she took that layer off as well to reveal another singlet underneath and below that something that looked like black lycra. So once again the artist has gone out of their way to keep the androdgenous nature of the character. In the 'next time' preview I saw a shot of Kurapica in the shower, and again the angle is from high up so that her chest is just off screen.

If they're going to keep this androdgeny up then I choose to believe that the character is a girl. Until I see concrete evidence to the contrary, I'm holding this belief.

Plus if she is a girl then I give the artist much more credit for creating a girl that's not your anime stereotype. If it is a guy then its just another boring effeminate character. If they keep up the illusion then power to them, some things are better not revealed either way.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I started watching the anime and while its hardly ground-breaking its good fun to watch thus far (they just completed the third test escaping that tower). The only thing I will say and will not accept no for an answer is that Kurapica is totally a girl.

Keep watching. You havent gotten to the better parts.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh a suitably non-spoilery answer to my question. Wiki says he's a guy without throwing any doubt into the character so I guess they go and prove it somewhere along the line... which would suck IMO. But yeh like you say, I should just wait and see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: