Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Zexen...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Zexen...? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is the actual name of the Zexen territory? Everything name I've seen has Zexen used to show possesion (Zexen Knights or the Zexen "Rune"). So the name "Zexen" just seems a bit odd. And is it a Confederacy, Beaurocracy (sp?), or something else? Thanks for clearing this up, it's been bugging me for a long time.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The English translation gives it as the Zexen Federation. I, myself, prefer to use the name 'Zexen Confederacy'.

As for it's actual government type, I describe it as a 'Plutocratic Confederacy' in my notes I use for my website. Essentially, it's a federal government with council members being represented by prominent guildsmen.

I'm a novice at political analysis however, so that term could be way off a reasonable conclusion for the nature of the Zexen government.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's strange, however, because a Federation and a Confederacy are just a little bit different..but they both revolve around a council of guild members, and that's their government.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The confederal or, indeed, federal nature of Zexen in this case doesn't refer to any land divisions such as states, counties or provinces but rather to the various guilds within Zexen itself.

That's the reason I describe it as a 'Plutocratic Confederacy'. It's a confederal government divided by financial groups rather than physical groups as a regular confederal government would be.

What I'm trying to say (please bear in mind I've been awake 20 hours now, even I have a vauge understanding that I'm just rambling) is that Zexen functions as a federal government without any political or physical signs of such a government (the afore mentioned provinces) but instead is resprented by trade guilds rather than territories.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think "Zexen" came from Vinay del Zexay, being the capital and all...

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think "Vinay de Zexay" came from Zexen, being the name of their nation an all...

But seriously I think the name Zexen come from the Zexen Rune. The concil members keep talking about it.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zexen Rune was a mistranslation of the Zexen Crest which was most likely named after the nation.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if that's the case. I don't know why Zexen is Zexen.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, really, there's no reason why anything is called anything. Why is Kooluk called Kooluk? Why is Falena called Falena? The Grassland is called Grassland because it's filled with grass, but why is grass called grass? It's just a bunch of syllables used to represent a concept.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Felipe wrote:
I think "Vinay de Zexay" came from Zexen, being the name of their nation an all...

Yeah...you've got a point there!

Uhh... I dont quite remember that Zexen Rune... was it in S3?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no Zexen Rune though. It was mentioned in Suikoden III by Borus at the peace treaty at the start of the game I believe. He was meant to say something like "I swear on the Zexen Crest" but instead he said "I swear on the Zexen Rune". He was probably having a rage blackout or something.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rowler Majuka

Crimson Knights

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
122304 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Zexen Rune my foot Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Zexen Rune was a false translation from the Zexen Crest, or something similar. The fact is, is that a Zexen Rune, what powers would it have? Power over Zexen? thats just unthinkable.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And apparntly Pig Latin is the offical language of Zexen ... Iksay, Vinay del Zexay...

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Zexen Rune my foot Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rowler Majuka wrote:
Yeah, the Zexen Rune was a false translation from the Zexen Crest, or something similar. The fact is, is that a Zexen Rune, what powers would it have? Power over Zexen? thats just unthinkable.

In the future, please do not revive ancient threads unless you have something to add.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: