Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is The Safir Clan Extinct?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Coot wrote:
I wouldn't bet on us every seeing a Safir character, or ever seeing any mention of it again. Suikoden 3 left out several things that were supposed to be in the Grassland, according to previous games. They never mentioned Bob's destroyed lycanthrope village, or the Ebony Moon Knights that Georg was a part of, or the kobold village that supposedly existed there, and they never revealed anything about the the Safir Clan.

The Safir Clan could have been a horde of Cut Rabbits, and we wouldn't know.

Indeed Bob's werewolf town similarly had words like 'destroyed' and 'exterminated' thrown around about it, yet Bob is quite clearly a survivor of that race. Whether he is actually the last and only werewolf left is uncertain, but it certainly leads one to believe that there are Safir clansfolk running around the world somewhere.

IMO we're more likely to see another werewolf than someone from Safir.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob isn't the last werewolf, just the only survivor of his werewolf village. If I remember correctly werewolves, and other "metahumans", are slaves in Harmonia.

^Actual quote!
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
The Suikoden III Character Guide has an entry on the Safir Clan, which mentions that Lu Buque mantor riders, under the order of Harmonia, annihilated / wiped out the Safir clan. The word used there definitely refers to them being "wiped out." Of course, "Safir Clan" in this context may only refer to the village, so maybe there are some survivors.

Sounds a bit like the part in the opening.

Quote:
They never mentioned Bob's destroyed lycanthrope village

Suppose that's cause it was destroyed some odd-20 years earlier and making random references to it would seem forced?
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Sounds a bit like the part in the opening.

That was Chisha. You can tell from the buildings and the clothing of the people. Half of the scenes from the intro never made it into the game, I'm guessing because the intro was commissioned before the game's story was finalized. Obviously we never see Hugo attacking Hallec in the game.

^Actual quote!
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Sars Admin, or Vector, mentiones to me years ago that in one of the Suikoden 2 novels that it was stated that a "Winger Nation" existed within the Grasslands.

It could very well be Safier, though that name doesn't sound Winger to me.

And I would like to have both Winger and Safier Clans to be seperate so that more civilizations would exist in the Suikoden world.
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, I've never heard anything about that.

^Actual quote!
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we look into the history of the grassland at one time the holy land took most of the land and even the lizard clan fell but at time of III we find that the lizard Clan is still standing as far as the safir clan being killed off I dont think there all dead just that most of there solider are P.O.W's in some camp.

And I think the holy land will not kill off a whole race of people cause if you do that you are basic killing a good source of solider and of goods and a lot of other stuff.
And If we look into the past of the holy land they have never killed a whole race of people they have killed whole family and what not.

but I think that in VI we will see a whole of lot of the grassland and we might even see the Safir Clan.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though there is not much information about this grasslands clan, I highly doubt they would be extinct. I, however, always wonder what they looked like. Maybe they would look like those cloven footed goat creatures from greekmyth called Satyrs or maybe centaurs… hmm.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We never even visited most of the SOuthern regions of Grasslands. We also don't know how much of Grasslands Tinto occupied. So really, Konami slipped up quite a bit.
Rowler Majuka

Crimson Knights

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
122304 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Manga Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's never shown whether the Safir are human, beast, or what? Since they got wiped out apparently, they havn't been mentioned again in either the game nor the manga. I believe that it was kind of extinct, but that a few of the civilians were able to wander off, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: