Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Led Zeppelin to reunite?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Led Zeppelin to reunite? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/29305

NME wrote:
"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out."

Seems like everyone is reuniting these days. Looks like they might do a string of dates if it all goes well, which I'm sure would be nice for old and new fans alike, and the inclusion of John Bonhom's son makes it authentic as it can get for Zeppelin fans.

Thoughts? Think it'll really happen?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I would love for them to re-unite even if just to play on stage what they have on record, I think using John Bonham's son to play drums will only work if the son actually has talent. I haven't heard anything the son has done so I can't really comment on his skills. But if they really wanted to re-unite and do kickass shows then the should've asked any of the current top drummers playing right now to see if they wanted to play with them. I guarantee any of them would've jumped at the chance to step into Bonham's shoes for a tour.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I certainly can barely believe it.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a ridiculous Led Zeppelin fan. I even have the Led Zeppelin symbols tattooed across my chest. I think it be great to have them and Jason Bonham. But to be honest, I don't want them to make new music. Every great old band that does that....ruins their legacy. Just play the old stuff, it's all perfectly amazing!

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new single or two wouldn't hurt, would it?

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Page and Plant releasing a new single or two is a double-edged sword. The young fans would hype it too much before its even out and will most likely be disappointed by it since they've made their expectations too high. The older fans would rather they not tarnish their legacy by making any new music when they already have so much.

One must remember that Led Zeppelin is one of the few bands which ruled the 70's that went out on top. This was due to Bonham dying and the group deciding they didn't want to hire a replacement, but on top they left nonetheless.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6990704.stm

It is confirmed!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am quite happy and glad about this announcement. But what really sealed it for me was the band having John Bonham's son do the duties on drums instead of getting someone else. From what I've read of Jason Bonham he's quite good, not on the same level as his dad, but still quite knowledgable of all the band's music. I'm wondering if Jason will do a rendition of Moby Dick similar to what his father did during the band's "How the West Was Won..." tour.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the reunion concert just finished yesterday and from all who attended --- press, critics and fans --- the collective reaction is: More. I, for one, hope the band reunites for at least one worldwide tour. I mean if the Rollingstones can do tours year after year after saying it was their last then Led Zep can at least do one.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd be financially successful. God knows there's enough babyboomers who desperately want to recapture their youth who would go pay for it, and Zepplin probably still retain cache among the youth classical rock fan.

That said, I'm not sure how popular new music would be. It's very hard to suddenly start writing new music after all these years and have it sound as good as when you did it every single day.

If they could keep the quality up, it would probably do well - but I think regardless of how good i twas, at least the first new single would sell.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think they're writing any new music. Just like the Stones they don't really need to write any new songs. They have enough of a discography to go into and choose enough songs to fill up a two and a half hour show. Hell, if Jason Bonham even does his own version of his dad's 17-minute drum solo with Moby Dick that pretty much covers 2-3 songs they don't need to pick.

The only thing that may keep a reunion worldwide tour from happening right away is the fact that Robert Plant is going to go on a worldwide tour with Alison Krauss since he was involved in penning her new album. The thing is that Led Zeppelin really don't need the money from a worldwide tour since they're one of the few bands from that era who owns the rights to their own music. If they end up doing a world tour it will be because they will want to experience once more a tour of just them as a band once again. I, for one, hope they do it before any of the original three die which would probably squash for good any sort of reunion world tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: