Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL: Bill Bellichick and the Pats - General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCPesmerga

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe wrote:
Although, if you honestly want irony, the last time the Pats lost, they lost to the Dolphins, 21-0 last year. Go figure.

Regular season. But that's just me being nitpicky! :)

Even more random Patriots fact: They beat the Dolphins and Jets the first time they played each team last season, and lost to each team the 2nd time through.

Also, I really hate the Patriots and just about everyone on their team. However, I'm a Jets fan (in addition to being a Falcons fan), and have hated them for years...
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really the only thing that can keep the Patriots from truly being the Evil Empire that they are and treating the Jets like Alderaan is the state of the weather during game time and Belichik himself. I'll be very shocked if the Patriots lose and to a smaller degree quite surprised if they don't cover the current spread of 24 points. If the weather becomes too blustery then it might just keep the Patriots from scoring at will and actually force them to bring in Chris Hanson to punt a few times. But knowing Belichik he may just forgo the punt and just go for it on 4th and whatever.

The only thing which will affect at how bad this game will become for the Jets is whether Belichik will institute a personal mercy rule on the Jets. There's an article in one of the papers that pointed out the fact that Belichik ran up the score on a coach he respects and admires (Joe Gibbs of the Redskins) and also ran up the score on a coach he genuinely likes (Dick Jauron of the Buffalo Bills). Now, is there really any doubt what he would do to a team with a coach he seems to dislike in Mangini.

We all know the team itself has bought lock, stock and barrel the notion that everyone is against the Patriots and even bringing up the asterisk card. This is a franchise which under Belichik has made the most innocuous comment that may or may not impinge on the team's honor and turned it into a rallying cry to detroy the hopes and dreams of the opposing team. Hell, anyone who saw the post-game Q & A with Belichik knows he can hold a grudge and makes mouthy opponents pay. Belichik who barely gets past a couple syllables in his answers to the media pre and post-game actually called Anthony Smith as not being very good and how he and his teams have played against much better safeties. That's quite a statement from a coach who holds things very close to the vest.

So, with all past history and habits factored in I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats do put the offense on overdrive and just destroys the Jets. Will it happen? Only Suge Belichik and God can probably answer that question but it will be ugly for Jets fans and another statement to the rest of the league that if you mess with the franchise this is what they can expect in some way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: