Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Unites
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S1 the Bandit attack is pretty cool. 2.5X damage and no one is unbalanced. At high level, Varkas and Sydonia can kick the crap out of the Shell Venus (with EIleen tossing a few Earthquakes for cleanup).

I love the Flik/ALen/Grenseal attack, but the game makes it pretty much unusable. They lock so many short-range fighters into you party, you have to have someone in the back row who can;t fight to be able to use all three fighters. The one level where it would be really useful, Shasarzade (2 bosses and no chance to rest in between), Flik can;t be chosen as a party member. Confound it all! The unite is powerful enought to pout an S-range in the back (probably Grenseal and use his high magic by making him a spellslinger), but I just hate doing that!!!!

BTW, in S4, how high can the unites go? I got Ted and Aldo's to level 3 or 4, but is there a max?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe the max is Level 3. The only ones worth leveling up are the Berserker Attack, Double-Sword Attack and True Friendship Attack. Maybe Knight Attack too.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Talisman attack. Gremio and Pan. It may not have been that strong in the beginning, and by the time you get Grems back he's not practical seeing as how he takes a spot up in your party and he's so weak. But I still use him at the end, and I use the talisman attack before that (I don't bring Pan to the last fight, sorry if I'm not going to use Grems, I'm gonna use Pesmerga.)

Anyway, I love the bow wow attack in GS2, and though it's not REALLY a unite, the mounted pairs in 3 were well worth the two spots they took up. (Last team, Hugo riding Fubar, Chris, Geddoe, and Futch riding Bright)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Gremio's PWR growth at level 60 and up is quite high. If you've got the patience (or a game shark) he can get up there in terms of power. At level 99 he's stronger than Tir.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio becomes stronger than Tir? That's ridiculous. On a sort of related note, I know that Tir is a playable character in S2, and that Gremio appears, but is he combat ready as well?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
Gremio becomes stronger than Tir? That's ridiculous. On a sort of related note, I know that Tir is a playable character in S2, and that Gremio appears, but is he combat ready as well?

I don't know if Gremio gets stronger than Tir, since I never got both to Level 99, but it's possible, because Gremio's strength grows up pretty high from Level 61 to Level 99. As for your question, Gremio isn't a fighting character in Suikoden II. He has a portrait, but I guess it's only because he joins the convoy.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm telling you. With luck, I;ve gotten Gremio to have a power of more than 190 at level 99. Tir, for me, averages around 186-191 or so at level 99. It's rare for it to happen, but I have had Gremio outpower Tir (and his weapon in 12 points stronger at max level). Gremio also routinely gets more than 190 DEF at level 99, which about 25-30 or so points higher that Tir's. Not that Gremio is a better character than Tir stat-wise, far from it. It looks like after he comes back from the dead either Gremio starts hitting the 'roids pretty hardcore.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:

I think, but i am not sure that Gremio does end up stronger than Tir at level 99, i'll check my last save file and post up their stats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: