Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Movie Endings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shawshank, Memento and the Departed are among my favorite endings mentioned here.

I also liked the ends to Shymalan's the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

My favorite ending would probably be the one in the Empire Strikes Back.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After seeing it several times and just letting myself absorb all that The Mist had to offer I will say that it's ending has to be in the top of my list for favorite movie endings ever. I know some think it's just a twist in the end meant to shock the viewers like the way M. Night Shymalan has been doing with all his films, but really the ending for The Mist shouldn't be a surprise to the attentive viewer. What it does do is go against the usual Hollywood convention of how movies like The Mist should end. The shock doesn't happen from seeing the ending actually happen but the fact that a director was brave enough to actually go through with it and damn the audience if they don't like it.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven. Maybe there are a lot of movies out there that have better endings, but I can't think of any. The whole movie builds and builds to an ending that the audience thinks that it wants, but when the film gives it to you you realize how terrible it is. William Munny's sharp descent into violent, coldblooded murder is something that left me in complete shock. Its like the antithesis of any movie I've ever seen.

Rocky is another movie whose ending I thought was quite good. The movie gets played so often on cable that sometimes I forget what a masterpiece it is. Rocky did what sports films are afraid to do, and did it successfully--Rocky Balboa went through that entire fight and lost.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to agree with Tull that The Mist had one of the great endings of all time. Since it's a new movie, I will have to spare writing out the details here, but it totally improved upon Stephen King's ending. It was just the sort of ending that I love to get, where not everything turns out A-OK in the end. Also, it doesn't feel like it was just tacked on there to give closure, but rather seems just like something Stephen King himself would have come up with. They really did a good job with this one.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: