Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

riou's and tir's age?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh, i must have done the math wrong, I was never to good at it, but I am trying to figure an approxmate age for them. Any help is welcomed.

I might just make a full In-Depth Story/Enclyclopedia for what has happened since Darkness shed a tear, this information will be based from SARS and Suiko source and such, again any help is welcomed.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found out not too long ago, that in the Suikoden world, people are 1 years old the day when they are born.
I believe that is the old Chinese way to count age.

So Nanami is 16 in the Suikoden world sense, but she is actually 15 if you calculate her age in our world (that means you count her first year as age 0)

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know Korean people who do that. They are 1 year old the day they are born, and they age every new year. One Korean chick told me that they measure the amount of time they were living in the womb as one year, and then add the number of new years since then. She was born in November of 1985, and today she says she is 20, not 18.

Do they do that in the Suikoden world too?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
So Nanami is 16 in the Suikoden world sense, but she is actually 15 if you calculate her age in our world (that means you count her first year as age 0)

Where did you learn this?
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lebenengel wrote:
Quote:

Where did you learn this?

Here are the age and years of each characters:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Bookend/2172/list3/other.html

For example,
Hugo is born in IS 461 and Suikoden 3 takes place in IS 475
But Hugo is 15 years old in Suikoden 3

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know all the theories and explanation and such... I'm just asking in terms of official information to confirm that they age.

So yeah... Thats it...
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I see that there are physically like a 16 or 17 years old boys, since they both act as teenage boys with lots of emotions inside of them. I do not know as I see they both have the passion and will to know about everything and anything around them. They always need help and someone to guide them through there journey (like Gremio for Tir and Nanami for Riou), so there is no way that they are older than 19 because if they were they would be as mature as Geddeo or Chris whom are more independent in there lives.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since we can deduce from Nanami`s age that Riou is 15, and we know that Hugo in S3 is 15, it would make sense to assume that Tir is 15 as well. On a related note, would that make Tir 20 years old at the time of S2(the war itself takes 2 years, plus 3 years between S1 and S2), or is he 18? Confusing...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my handy dandy Suikoden II strategy guide published by Prima the ages are
Hero: Unknown
Joei: 17
Nanami: 16

thats what me book says
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
Since we can deduce from Nanami`s age that Riou is 15, and we know that Hugo in S3 is 15, it would make sense to assume that Tir is 15 as well. On a related note, would that make Tir 20 years old at the time of S2(the war itself takes 2 years, plus 3 years between S1 and S2), or is he 18? Confusing...

Just because Nanami is 16 doesnt mean Riou is 15. Riou could be 15, but he could also be 13, 14, 16, 17, etc. Remember, they are adoptive children. They might not even know their own birthyears. Riou could be younger or older than Nanami for all we know. They could even be the same age. Its very possible that Nanami decided on her own that she would be the big sister. (it suits her bossy personality)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know, but that assumption was the basis for my theory. :P

I doubt Riou is much older or younger than Nanami, though...I don`t think the difference can be more than a year at most.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the 'unknown' age thing was supposed to make the characters easier to relate to, since you could call them any age you want to really. I just always figured that it would be most logical to call Riou 15 years old, since Nanami was 16. It just makes the most sense to me.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read/calculated somewhere that Tir was 19 ish during Suikoden 2...
I don't remember exactly where I saw it but I saw somewhere how old he was in Suikoden 1 then I added the time difference of Suikoden 1 and 2...

but oh well...his True Rune will just throw everything off so I won't bother going back to find where I found the info..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lena Suphina

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On a side note, (I don't want to make a new thread if it could be easily answered) What happened to Tir's mother? They never talk about her so I assumed it could be a birth death and Teo got over it. Not to mention the fact that Sonya loved Teo and the possibility of her becoming Tir's mother if Teo didn't die.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: