Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is your Religion?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haphazardly raised as Roman Catholic. I was confirmed, but I've never had a strong affection for any religion, so I really don't consider myself anything. I wouldn't even go as far as to say i'm atheist. I'm just not anything at all. I do find religion to be terribly interesting though.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm agnostic.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a practicing Roman Catholic. (You know, if you're not an atheist nor have any atheist tendencies, there's really not much to say here. :wink: )
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Haphazardly raised as Roman Catholic. I was confirmed, but I've never had a strong affection for any religion, so I really don't consider myself anything.

Yea. Me too. I mean....I believe there's some kind of higher being, but every day that depletes less and less. Psychologically...it hurts to think about it. There is one thing that keeps the faith though...
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm an atheist/deist/agnostic/whatever. I believe that the existence of god is irrelevant. If there is no god then obviously his/her/its existence doesn't matter. If there is a god and he/she/it is all powerful then he/she/it would have created a perfect universe and all things would occur as they were meant to occur. Either way I do not believe that any deity actively interferes in the universe so naturally this has no consequences on my life, making it unimportant.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm Christian. I beleive that there is a God and Jesus was his son who died for us. Do I go around pressing my beleifs on other people? No, of course not. But nowadays I feel that us Christians get too misunderstood by the media.

Like Fragola said, they make it look like we sit around up on our high horses and degrade anyone who dosen't agree with our beleifs and throw Bibles at them or something.

Now, I know there are some poeple like that nowadays that do do that, but to me I think that's very wrong. If someone walked up to me and asked me what my beleifs are and why I beleive them, then I would just simply tell them. And if they didn't agree with me, I'd simply end it there.

I wouldn't try to force my beleifs on them. In fact I beleive that's one of the worst things someone can do if they're trying to "convert" someone. Forceing someone to beleive in something will only drive them further and further away. Let them decide what's best for them, just like I know that Christianity is the best for me.

Fat Bottomed Girls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a buddhist. I don't really know a lot about the religion but i know it is very free and open. We are a peaceful religion and care little about what others have to say and think about us. We love everyone. However, I am a little atheist since I don't believe in just a single god or if there is one. Buddhism have gods but aren't really important. I consider them higher role models lol.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: What is your Religion? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
I am secular humanist, which is more commonly known as "atheist." I prefer being called a secular humanist because "atheism" literally means "belief in no god." Not all religions believe in gods, so "atheist" doesn't adequately describe my choice to not ascribe to any religious faith. I am not anti-religion, but I personally do not, or am incapable of believing in religion.

I'm the same way. I don't really mind being labeled an atheist, as it somewhat accurately describes my beliefs and it's much easier to explain than secular humanism. I tend to believe that science is the highest power in existence, and that most things can be expalined through logic or rationale. Of course, I also believe there are some fundamental questions about existence, reality and origin, among others, that are just beyond the grasp of humans for whatever reason.

Just as some animals can't distinguish colors or associate certain shapes with an activity, maybe humans just can't know the truth about all that.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am Roman Christian but I have a little doubt of my religion. Well if you ask me why, I can't say the exactly reason. The other reason is quite complicated if we debate in here and avoid negative thoughts of this.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Complete atheist here, and proud of it. I respect other's beliefs, but I'm anti-religion.

That doesn't mean I don't believe in god at all.

-Hrestelan
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By definition, atheists deny the existence of a God or gods. The word you might be looking for is agnostic, which is a person who is unsure about the existence of a God or believes that one cannot know one way or another. By saying that you don't totally deny the existence of God, you're contradicting your earlier claim at atheism.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a firm believer that mankind created God, and not the other way around. But having been raised as a kid who had to go to church every Saturday evening, I'm also under the impression that there might be something more than just this fleshly life.

I can't and am not trying to understand all the concoctions about any omnipresence or anything related to it.

If I had to put a label on my 'belief' I guess agnostic would be it. But that term is terribly overused by people who can't make up their mind.

Or am I the same?

*shrug*
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Synchysi wrote:
By definition, atheists deny the existence of a God or gods. The word you might be looking for is agnostic, which is a person who is unsure about the existence of a God or believes that one cannot know one way or another. By saying that you don't totally deny the existence of God, you're contradicting your earlier claim at atheism.

You have a point, as I had the two words' meaning somewhat mixed. It's because when I get into a religious discussion with someone, he/she ends up calling me either atheist or agnostic. Also, I'm not a big fan of checking the dictionary.

-Hrestelan
Salome

Knight Militia

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roman Catholic
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

If there is a god and he/she/it is all powerful then he/she/it would have created a perfect universe and all things would occur as they were meant to occur.

He made us a perfect universe. We are the ones that created the flaws. (THis is of courseif you choose to accept the presence of a higher being).

The ultimate weapon IS free will. If we didn't have the power of self control, brought by free will, we would all be machines. That's not perfection at all. Perfection comes through everyone in the world getting allowing, and having acceptance. But with free will comes opinion, and power. Now you see why we failed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28

Jump to: